Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 08:27 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,603,566 times

Advertisements

I try to look at every e-marketing ad I receive. It's not only fun and relaxing, it helps me see how other agents are promoting their listings. The one's with spelling errors and necessary information omitted are the worst! The internet is here to stay and anyone not paying attention to trends and doing analysis is missing out (IMO). I use Outlook mail and I wrote a Rule that automatically places these types of emails into their own folder. This way I can look through them when time permits. The most recent trend I've seen is in video campaigns. Are you getting these as well? Some are good; some not so good.

In Florida, much of the licensee data is public and it really irks me when I get an email asking ridiculous prices for a public list.

Last edited by TampaKaren; 02-15-2008 at 08:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 10:46 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
It used to be effective. Now I get serious hundreds of email flyers a day. My area is perceived by many to be affluent which is perhaps why, the majority are from out of state and even the U.S. It's right up there with my daily dozen from long lost relatives in Nigeria.

I do not open any of them.

Old 02-15-2008, 03:38 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,988,738 times
I only send out Agent Open House flyers.

Personally I hate all that spam and it's marked as such. I always have to unsubscribe from the lists. If I have a buyer for you home I'll find it in MLS.

Old 02-15-2008, 03:55 PM

1,375 posts, read 6,304,476 times
I generally agree with this...if your listing is in MLS, that is likely where I will find it in a search with buyers.

I also unsubscribe from most lists if the emails come too often from the same source and are for new listings only. However, I do appreciate email fliers that communicate an unusually substantial price drop or showcase a property with spectacular features that is in my geographic area.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:32 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,389,653 times
Flyers, locally and in the area you work can be helpful, but only helpful if you have clients looking in the price range and location. So I agree with most, usually a waste of time, unless it promotes a sweet deal, or way underpriced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals