Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 09:24 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times

Advertisements

I am currently living in a very nice upper middle class neighborhood(Newport Beach, California) But I am looking to purchase a small condo at price range $80,000 - $100,000 in Riverside or San Bernardino county. I want to lease it out and collect rent. I am willing to pay cash and I don't even need a loan from the bank.

The real estate agent I contacted with told me on the phone, "It is a waste of time because I am not interested in showing you 10 houses at that price range. Maybe next time."

what? Why are SOME real estate agents so unprofessional now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2013, 09:30 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
call your Realtor in Newport Beach and ask them to refer you to a qualified agent in Riverside/San Bernadino. This advice assumes that your Realtor doesn't serve the area you're looking in.

Old 07-20-2013, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
call your Realtor in Newport Beach and ask them to refer you to a qualified agent in Riverside/San Bernadino. This advice assumes that your Realtor doesn't serve the area you're looking in.
Okay. Thank you.

Old 07-20-2013, 09:39 PM

264 posts, read 616,563 times
Hi Liilyflower,

I would find another agent. There are over 4000 licensed agents in Riverside County alone and someone is more than willing to help you with this. Mose agents are very, very busy with buyers right now so some may not have the time to work with you on that; however, many will.

Incidentally, I checked the MLS for you in both Riverside and San Bernadino City only (not the county areas) and found only 11 condos on the market in that price range. An agent can also search the income property MLS for you as well. You may find many more on that MLS as well.

Keep trying.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:05 AM

145 posts, read 361,403 times
I do not understand the reason behind the original post. Fortunately, we do get to still choose who we work with, and what jobs we take, and just because someone asks us to work with them we do not HAVE to do it. If I turn down a job, I am unprofessional now? Everyone is so entitled these days. People want exactly what they want, exactly how they want it, right now, regardless of how the person "giving it up" feels. So, if someone calls me and I cannot do the job, or do not want to do the job, I must do it anyway? I already have to do enough that I do not want to do.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestsideATLCindy View Post
I do not understand the reason behind the original post. Fortunately, we do get to still choose who we work with, and what jobs we take, and just because someone asks us to work with them we do not HAVE to do it. If I turn down a job, I am unprofessional now? Everyone is so entitled these days. People want exactly what they want, exactly how they want it, right now, regardless of how the person "giving it up" feels. So, if someone calls me and I cannot do the job, or do not want to do the job, I must do it anyway? I already have to do enough that I do not want to do.
well Yes, it is unprofessional to tell a client "it is a waste of time."

You can simply say "I appreciate your contacting me, but .." etc.

Just for the record, the house I am living in right now worth 1.5 millions. I and my family buy houses all the time, he turned me down with his unprofessional remark, he loses a client forever.

Yes, he is being unprofessional. It is funny you can't see it.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:29 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,149,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestsideATLCindy View Post

So what was the point of the reply. To show Lily how "beneath" your "expertise" her spending amount is? Why reply at all? Can't understand this post. Well Lily, you now know that there are people who don't understand a "holistic" view of what "good business" is. If you don't want to help someone, because the pay day would be "beneath you", then you could refer her to another client. Customers would remember a nice gesture like that. Then, she might want to buy a million dollar home some day and she would most likely think of you and you would get her business. As it stands, I don't think that you truly understand that concept..

Old 07-21-2013, 08:47 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,891,244 times
if what you wrote is truly how we worded it, then I'll say its unprofessional and could have been worded differently.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kww View Post
if what you wrote is truly how we worded it, then I'll say its unprofessional and could have been worded differently.
thank you!

Old 07-21-2013, 10:00 AM

145 posts, read 361,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
[/b]

So what was the point of the reply. To show Lily how "beneath" your "expertise" her spending amount is? Why reply at all? Can't understand this post. Well Lily, you now know that there are people who don't understand a "holistic" view of what "good business" is. If you don't want to help someone, because the pay day would be "beneath you", then you could refer her to another client. Customers would remember a nice gesture like that. Then, she might want to buy a million dollar home some day and she would most likely think of you and you would get her business. As it stands, I don't think that you truly understand that concept..
AGAIN...just because I cannot take a job or do not want to take a job does not mean it is "beneath" me. You are putting your thoughts on others. The words you put in quotes are not anywhere in my post at all. Also we do not know for sure how the Agent phrased their demurral. If they truly said it was a waste of their time, obviously that should have been put better. My post is not about manners, it is about someone being called unprofessional because they do not want to take every job that comes their way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals