Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 07:28 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,105,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
Of course. I disagree with you constantly.

You act like the process of real estate is the same across the nation, which it isn't. Every state has its own process. It makes absolutely no sense for a government entity to have 50 different processes. Talk about being inefficient and costing tax payers more money. It took me the whopping 30 minutes to enter the bid and go over the paperwork with my clients on the offer on a HUD house today. How is that hard?

Any agent that thinks the HUD system is hard shouldn't be selling real estate. They have no more rules than any other REO does. BofA doesn't allow employees/relatives of to buy their foreclosures. What's the difference?
I think you missed the point of the OP completely, but that's OK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 08:02 AM

711 posts, read 1,689,391 times
The OP sounds like sour grapes, look for another opportunity already.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:53 AM

762 posts, read 1,099,519 times
Default Crony-inflation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontengencies View Post
I think you missed the point of the OP completely, but that's OK.
Actually, I think you missed the point. The reason for you’re frustration is because you’re the “buyer”. As you can see, nobody here seems concerned with Gov’t intervention except you, the buyer! Gov’t intervention keeps real estate “safe” & inflated—EVERYONE’s happy except the buyer!

Stick to selling houses for now; the Gov’t intervention won’t bother you & you’ll be much happier.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:57 AM

10,965 posts, read 21,983,290 times
Quote:

The whole buying a HUD home process...
I mostly agree with you. I think the bid process on HUD is pretty simple. I don't care for their post contract process. They are paying the agents to list, they should have the more traditional process for contract o close though. I hate having 48 hours after acceptance to mail them the original contract and certified funds to another state and pray they get it and open it in time.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
I mostly agree with you. I think the bid process on HUD is pretty simple. I don't care for their post contract process. They are paying the agents to list, they should have the more traditional process for contract o close though. I hate having 48 hours after acceptance to mail them the original contract and certified funds to another state and pray they get it and open it in time.
Exactly

Old 04-23-2012, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse276 View Post
The OP sounds like sour grapes, look for another opportunity already.
Why are so many people like you willing to accept government rules that eff things up and screw people over?

Old 04-23-2012, 10:50 AM

1,846 posts, read 3,939,879 times
Glad you had a chance to vent. We all need that sometimes.

Now that you have vented, might as well go ahead, face reality, and work within the system, though. It's not going anywhere.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:01 AM

711 posts, read 1,689,391 times
Quote:
Why are so many people like you willing to accept government rules that eff things up and screw people over?
You have other options... if you don't like the government cheese, buy Kraft instead.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:03 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,309,298 times
It's been a hobby of mine to beat bureaucracies at their own game almost all my life. Get one of your best clients to buy it for you by proxy for a small fee.

Win, win, win.

Old 04-27-2012, 01:35 PM

8,574 posts, read 12,408,664 times
I've bought HUD houses myself, and I've helped clients buy HUD houses. It's a pretty easy process--even the OP should be able to figure it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate