Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 11:24 AM

28,453 posts, read 85,392,786 times

Advertisements

DO KNOW CAVE INTO TO THESE LIARS!

Here are the FHA standards -- http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/docu...inspection.pdf

They are only looking for GROSS DEFICIENCIES!

If the buyers to fix these things let the buyer PAY FOR THEM!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2013, 12:36 PM

4,280 posts, read 12,670,274 times
I said earlier to try a local handyman. Do an Internet search for handyman, your town. I got quite a few hits when I did it for my area.

Just have them fix the obvious. Do not make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Old 09-04-2013, 04:50 PM

5,046 posts, read 9,624,436 times
What are you gonig to do about plumbing loose in the wall? Does that mean behind the tile? How did they catch that?

Old 09-05-2013, 03:26 PM

10,099 posts, read 7,771,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cully View Post
What are you gonig to do about plumbing loose in the wall? Does that mean behind the tile? How did they catch that?
I have no idea.

Actually I told my realtor that I have never had a leak at shower heads all 8 years I've lived here. I've never noticed any leak and I really don't know that they are even loose. I would have never even thought there would be a problem in the baths....but what can you do. lol

My realtor told me definitely don't go tearing into any walls....just get them to fix the leaks and she said just concentrate on the wood rot on porch so that's what I'm doing. Like someone said up-thread...garage doors will always have small issues. You can't perfect them.

I'm going to google licensed contractors in my area next week and call in a few to give estimates.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Old 09-05-2013, 11:03 PM

9,779 posts, read 15,793,171 times
We just sold a house - over 50 years old. The inspection report was pretty lengthy - I'd say a good 25 items were on the list. We agreed to give the buyers $5K toward repairs. The buyers were getting a VA loan. The VA appraiser came out to appraise and of course we were worried he wouldn't approve the loan without a host of those repairs being done. Instead, he came up with only two things that needed to be fixed before the loan would go through. Neither of those two things were in the lengthy inspection report (one was a handrail and one was a downspout). Neither of which the inspector mentioned.

PS. The inspector also mentioned something about our garage door. Said it didn't reverse quick enough when something was underneath. No clue what he was talking about. It always reversed just fine.

Old 09-05-2013, 11:51 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
We found an excellent local handyman via Angie's List.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate