Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 03:29 PM

11 posts, read 12,950 times

Advertisements

I guess not, he is just investor. My agent is checking to see if she can get a hold of someone that he reports to, since he is broker but doesn't respond to her calls or emails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2014, 04:29 PM

13,130 posts, read 21,001,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinedab View Post
I guess not, he is just investor. My agent is checking to see if she can get a hold of someone that he reports to, since he is broker but doesn't respond to her calls or emails.
There's a fishy smell coming from this deal, do you smell it?

Old 09-04-2014, 04:40 PM

It just sucks that we are in limbo, and since our house sold staying with relatives, since we thought it would be a max of a couple weeks.

Old 09-04-2014, 05:42 PM

404 posts, read 898,286 times
Default Thursday

On or before Sep 11 means that closing day is next Thursday,
and, that maybe, just maybe, closing could occur sooner if both parties are ready and willing.

You are not in limbo until this next 7 days passes and if then he has not returned the properly executed deed.

7 days in Realtor Days is actually equal to 70 regular-human calendar days.
At this time you are worrying about something that is someone else's responsibility to make happen.

In a real estate closing all parties must keep moving forward toward closing day in good faith, taking care of their own responsibilities to the contract. If he doesn't close on Thursday, or if his papers are not on their way to the title company by then, only then do you have a complaint.

Real estate closing papers for a U.S. property are signed all over the globe, at a US Embassy office.
And Fed-Ex is global as well.

Old 09-04-2014, 07:50 PM

5,046 posts, read 9,624,436 times
Can you look up his name and see if he really exists? And the same for his agent and see what comes up?

Old 09-04-2014, 08:46 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,570,522 times
Also check with the county to see whose name is on the deed.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:48 PM

I understand that the 11th is the closing date, but the agent shouldn't have told me it would not be a problem to close early, and then when my lender rushes to get loan documents ready and I signed them last week, only to be told at that time that his client happens to he out of the country, and now I find out that he actually lives out of the country. He is just dishonest and very unprofessional. He is totally avoid calls and emails from my agent. That would now be fine if we will actually close on the 11th but if he doesn't get that document notarized and fed ex to is will not happen.
@befriend I haven't looked up the owner but the agent is the actual broker and escrow is in same office and my 20% down has already been wired to escrow company. I do need to check deed to see who's name is on house who knows at this point.

Old 09-04-2014, 11:22 PM

5,046 posts, read 9,624,436 times
Can you check the agent's reputation online?

Old 09-05-2014, 06:53 PM

Yes, checked nothing negative on Yelp, I must be the lucky one!

Old 09-06-2014, 07:11 AM

9 posts, read 10,536 times
A grant deed is a real estate conveyance document. Unlike a quitclaim deed, the grant deed includes promises from the seller that the seller actually has good title to the property being conveyed. The person who signs a grant deed guarantees that he actually has a right to the real estate and he has not conveyed his rights to anybody else. It is important to use the grant deed correctly to preserve those rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate