Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2016, 09:48 PM

3 posts, read 3,037 times

Advertisements

We put an offer in on a house that was flipped by a real estate agent and that agent is now selling the home. We offered asking price with some extra perks for them. We have yet t even hear back from the agent since the offer expired. it seems to me that they are trying to get as many offers as possible, but how rude to not even respond!

My question is, how long should we wait? There is a second house we'd like to put an offer on if it's a no here. Of course we'd prefer this one though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 10:13 PM

8,545 posts, read 14,037,293 times
If your offer has expired and you haven't received a response then I would either move on to another house or I would get in contact with the agent/owner and find out what the deal is. Waiting around is not something I would do at this point.

Old 02-10-2016, 12:22 AM

5,046 posts, read 9,627,552 times
How do you know the agent is shady?

As far as not hearing back, agree with MikePRU...the seller may have taken "expiration" literally and not needing anything further.

Old 02-10-2016, 03:48 AM

19,446 posts, read 27,855,486 times
Do you have an agent? If you're trying to go without one, the seller may be unwilling to deal with the inevitable hassles.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:30 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,754,968 times
Your OP makes no sense. If your offer expired, they didn't accept it. Move on to the next house.

Old 02-10-2016, 10:48 AM

4,787 posts, read 11,766,193 times
OP- There is nothing to wait for. You presented an offer with a time limit. The time limit passed with the seller not accepting the offer. You're done. There is nothing for the seller to discuss with you. They are not being rude. They simply did not take your offer.

Now you do one of two things. You move on to the next house. Or you write another offer on the first house and make it stronger. Higher price, no seller concessions, whatever.

Old 02-11-2016, 06:34 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemjemima View Post
We put an offer in on a house that was flipped by a real estate agent and that agent is now selling the home. We offered asking price with some extra perks for them. We have yet t even hear back from the agent since the offer expired. it seems to me that they are trying to get as many offers as possible, but how rude to not even respond!

My question is, how long should we wait? There is a second house we'd like to put an offer on if it's a no here. Of course we'd prefer this one though.
Probably because they had a better offer that they were considering.

It is a nicety to respond, not a necessity. You put in an expiration date.

Do you have a realtor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate