Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 08:55 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,507,154 times

Advertisements

Thanks for responses . Sounds like it's pretty typical not to send a preview .
He has quite a few other active listings too so this could play a role , but he still seems pretty on top of stuff .
The photos look really nice and he did a video walk through video too which is on zillow .
I noticed the listings is already getting hundreds of views seems like 500 views on zillow.

I know professional photography is really important . I always feel bad when I've looked at listings and the photos are terrible .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2017, 10:57 AM

772 posts, read 915,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rational1 View Post
If you wanted final approval then you should have made that an addendum to the listing contract.

I wasn't asked for approval and I didn't care.

I would go one step further and say if you wanted to tell the Realtor how to be a Realtor, then you should have just listed the house yourself !

Old 05-23-2017, 11:44 AM

24,573 posts, read 18,336,806 times
Near as I can tell, the listing broker is required to take amateur blurry snapshots with a cheap smartphone and upload them to the MLS site. I'm not a professional photographer but I can certainly put a 18mm-36mm ultrawide zoom lens on my camera, mount it on a tripod, set up a couple Lowel lights with diffusers, and create some flattering images that represent my house pretty well.

Old 05-23-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Near as I can tell, the listing broker is required to take amateur blurry snapshots with a cheap smartphone and upload them to the MLS site. I'm not a professional photographer but I can certainly put a 18mm-36mm ultrawide zoom lens on my camera, mount it on a tripod, set up a couple Lowel lights with diffusers, and create some flattering images that represent my house pretty well.
I'm very glad the broker took some good photos . I dont think I would of hired them if their other listings had bad photos .

Old 05-23-2017, 02:13 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,137,925 times
My last home I listed that closes in two weeks, I don't know if the owner realized that I actually had listed it.

It is a third home of theirs and I just let him know when I was showing it so her would be away.

Old 05-23-2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
My last home I listed that closes in two weeks, I don't know if the owner realized that I actually had listed it.

It is a third home of theirs and I just let him know when I was showing it so her would be away.
I see you are in Fort Lauderdale , I have family there and have spent a lot of time there , Galt Mile area.
Very nice city .
I could see how if someone owns multiple homes like that they might not care as much .

Also I'm not living in the house now so I could see how it would be different with an occupied home .
Makes it easier for the agent for the home to not be occupied.

Old 05-23-2017, 03:19 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,137,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I see you are in Fort Lauderdale , I have family there and have spent a lot of time there , Galt Mile area.
Very nice city .
I could see how if someone owns multiple homes like that they might not care as much .

Also I'm not living in the house now so I could see how it would be different with an occupied home .
Makes it easier for the agent for the home to not be occupied.
Galt Ocean Mile is where the home is located.

The owner is currently renovating two of his primary homes so he pretty much just leaves his real estate up to me.

Old 05-23-2017, 03:39 PM

2,640 posts, read 7,444,697 times
I've only had one client ask to see the listing before it goes live. Everyone else trusts my judgement on photos/ad copy and gets a copy as soon as listed

Old 05-23-2017, 04:42 PM

4,994 posts, read 5,309,045 times
I think it probably would be a good idea to add an item to the contract that the realtor show the pictures to the homeowner before the house was listed. We've sold three times. The first experience wasn't so good. The realtor used photos of the house from when we were interviewing them. They had pictures where there was paint tape on the walls and half painted rooms. I emailed them and then submitted some of my own photos. I considered it laziness on their part to use those photos from when they didn't even have a contract with us and they knew the house wasn't photo ready.

The next two realtors were great. They brought in either a photographer or another realtor with a good eye. They also brought in a stager or helped us to stage. I appreciated that even though I had already done much of that work myself. It doesn't hurt to have another uninvolved opinion. I felt bad for the third realtor because our house didn't sell within the allotted time and the relocation company brought in one of their people who then did a driveby and took a blurry photo with a cell phone and had a time stamp on the listing photo. What a downgrade in realtors. At least we no longer owned the house then and it was their loss and no longer mine.

Old 05-23-2017, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
I think it probably would be a good idea to add an item to the contract that the realtor show the pictures to the homeowner before the house was listed. We've sold three times. The first experience wasn't so good. The realtor used photos of the house from when we were interviewing them. They had pictures where there was paint tape on the walls and half painted rooms. I emailed them and then submitted some of my own photos. I considered it laziness on their part to use those photos from when they didn't even have a contract with us and they knew the house wasn't photo ready.

The next two realtors were great. They brought in either a photographer or another realtor with a good eye. They also brought in a stager or helped us to stage. I appreciated that even though I had already done much of that work myself. It doesn't hurt to have another uninvolved opinion. I felt bad for the third realtor because our house didn't sell within the allotted time and the relocation company brought in one of their people who then did a driveby and took a blurry photo with a cell phone and had a time stamp on the listing photo. What a downgrade in realtors. At least we no longer owned the house then and it was their loss and no longer mine.
Wow yeah I'd be pretty upset if they used photos from the initial interview .

Mine did have a stager come over and she made several suggestions .
The house is vacant and I was glad to see they did stage the bathrooms and kitchens for the pictures .
I was wondering if I had to go out and get that stuff on my own .

I saw a listing today where they used a google street view photo for the house! It even said google on the bottom . Talk about lazy !
This is for a home they are asking over $500,000 for ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate