Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 03:13 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,289,110 times

Advertisements

Thanks everyone. I am going with #1, but we are asking for a larger earnest money deposit (the two other offers were 5K, this one only 1K) and asking for a similar inspection statement as #2.

I should know what they say shortly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2019, 03:14 PM

14,536 posts, read 12,171,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizcuit View Post
Not the same county. Not even the same state -- my place is in New Hampshire, the buyer's property is in MA. But they are technically only a few towns apart.

OK - Stlll... moving the money from one escrow to the other... is just a few keystrokes.

Old 01-12-2019, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Sounds like the market where you are is hot.

Good luck! Let us know what you decide and why.
It is a pretty hot area, but my complex is particularly attractive to people as it is literally on the border of Nashua and Hollis. Hollis is a wealthy, desirable agricultural town. Orchards and fields and farmsteads and beautiful homes and a picturesque town center. Being in Nashua, we have the advantages of having natural gas (not common in most of NH) and town water & sewer. We're also close to many grocery stores and other conveniences. So, it's kind of a best-of-both-worlds kind of place.

Our complex has a big pool and tennis courts, lovely landscaping, walking trails and even a river floating dock and kayak/canoe storage. I love the location and I've loved living here, I'm really going to miss it.

Old 01-12-2019, 03:22 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,095,943 times
Quote:
Really good points, thank you very much. I think my realtor likes offer #1. The home sale contingency has been making me nervous. He also wants to do both closings on the same day, which seems overly ambitious to me, especially when he would need the cash from one closing to cover the purchase at the other. But I'm probably also overthinking everything too.
I just closed on what was supposed to be a same day closing. You are right, it is difficult to facilitate that. It all looks good on paper but they have to record documents and then funding has to be released from the bank. Mine didn't work out on the same day. That's not saying it can't work out the same day but they have to be super quick and their funds need to be available immediately. It is definitely possible to work out the following day once the first closing is complete. Don't sweat it. If it happens, then fine. If not, just do it the following day. It's no big deal

Old 01-12-2019, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
I just closed on what was supposed to be a same day closing. You are right, it is difficult to facilitate that. It all looks good on paper but they have to record documents and then funding has to be released from the bank. Mine didn't work out on the same day. That's not saying it can't work out the same day but they have to be super quick and their funds need to be available immediately. It is definitely possible to work out the following day once the first closing is complete. Don't sweat it. If it happens, then fine. If not, just do it the following day. It's no big deal
Well, the good news is, I am scheduled to close on my new house this week, so I do not need cash from this sale in order to do so. If everything else works out and funding somehow gets delayed a day or so, it won't affect me really. So I guess I shouldn't worry about it as it is not my problem.

Old 01-12-2019, 03:32 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,095,943 times
Quote:
Thanks everyone. I am going with #1, but we are asking for a larger earnest money deposit (the two other offers were 5K, this one only 1K) and asking for a similar inspection statement as #2.

I should know what they say shortly.

Sounds reasonable. Let us know.

Old 01-12-2019, 03:53 PM

The buyer with offer #1 accepted our requests so we are putting the contract together now.

Buyer wants to close by 2/13, I really need to get my act together with packing and arranging a mover!

Thanks for everyone's input!

Old 01-12-2019, 04:07 PM

14,536 posts, read 12,171,963 times
Quote:
Buyer wants to close by 2/13, I really need to get my act together with packing and arranging a mover!

That IS the downside of a quick close.

Congratulations! Good luck for a smooth transaction now.

Old 01-12-2019, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
That IS the downside of a quick close.

Congratulations! Good luck for a smooth transaction now.
Thanks so much -- fingers crossed!

Old 01-12-2019, 04:49 PM

50,390 posts, read 64,083,206 times
I see no difference between approved financing and cash, unless your place has some unforeseen defect that would not pass inspection.

A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate