Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2008, 07:11 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,522,974 times

Advertisements

Some days I like to find the worst areas of real estate and drive around. It has a few purposes, it makes me feel alittle better than seeking the 5 million dollar houses, I mean hey there are complete wrecks out there and it also has a bad quality of old to it. Everything is so new and boca style. I dont want to see all that, I like to old and crappy sometime. I dont even go to NYC anymore. It used to be so much fun, old cars burnt out on the henry hudson, all the prostitutes, all the little dumpy bars and peep shows, the guy who would stand of the corner and say smoke smoke, meaning pot, the homeless bums and losers of life they gone!!! now its all for rich, metrosexuals and gays. I hate it. What happened to old, poor and crappy!!! Now if you ever feel hopeless about getting rid of your home, go see the old wrecks in your state. GO to the bad areas!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2008, 04:43 AM

14 posts, read 92,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
Some days I like to find the worst areas of real estate and drive around. It has a few purposes, it makes me feel alittle better than seeking the 5 million dollar houses, I mean hey there are complete wrecks out there and it also has a bad quality of old to it. Everything is so new and boca style. I dont want to see all that, I like to old and crappy sometime. I dont even go to NYC anymore. It used to be so much fun, old cars burnt out on the henry hudson, all the prostitutes, all the little dumpy bars and peep shows, the guy who would stand of the corner and say smoke smoke, meaning pot, the homeless bums and losers of life they gone!!! now its all for rich, metrosexuals and gays. I hate it. What happened to old, poor and crappy!!! Now if you ever feel hopeless about getting rid of your home, go see the old wrecks in your state. GO to the bad areas!!!!
You know, I sat here and re-read your post several times and tried to figure out whether this was an attempt at humor or not. Are you a Realtor, buyer, or seller? Regardless of whether you trying to be humorous or not, I am going to take exception to your lumping prostitutes, rich, metrosexuals and gay people all together and pretty much damning all of them. In particular, I don't appreciate your prejudice against "gays." Both of my sons are gay and you would be LUCKY to know them. I bet if one of them wanted to buy something you'd change your tune in a New York minute.

Old 04-21-2008, 04:52 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Just sounds like someone got into the sauce!!!! Wow just weird.

Old 04-21-2008, 07:19 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Steve, is this anything like me working on my 2nd million dollars, because the first one million didnt work out? Or is this more like the fact that I keep a million dollar check, payable to myself in my wallet, just to make me feel like I'm worth something...

Old 04-21-2008, 10:24 AM

15,579 posts, read 40,446,371 times
Hmmm...interesting post. I also had to re-read it a couple of times and my first thought was that you needed to see a therapist since you sound stressed out and depressed.

Either that or you have an odd sense of humor that did not come across well in this post.

I find it odd that looking at people that are worse off than you makes you feel better. I am always saddened to see homes and people in such a bad state. It reminds me that we have a lot of work to do as a human race.

Old 04-21-2008, 12:56 PM

1,440 posts, read 4,418,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
It used to be so much fun, old cars burnt out on the henry hudson, all the prostitutes, all the little dumpy bars and peep shows, the guy who would stand of the corner and say smoke smoke, meaning pot, the homeless bums and losers of life they gone!!!
That I do remember, my first visit to NYC back around 1979 or so. I still remember the fellow with the trench coat going up and down the sidewalk saying "smoke, speed, loose dope". In-person perversions that this small town lad never knew existed, this was the Times Square of old. Going over to another section of the city and running smack dab in the middle of the annual Halloween parade the gay community held. Yes, in the middle of the parade. Somehow ended up walking down the street surrounded by ballgowns, cowboys and g-strings. Just before the aids epidemic started taking them away one by one. A bit scary at times but I can say I was there, even if the wife and kids don't believe me.

Not sure what's really on your mind friend but I do remember those days.

Old 04-21-2008, 03:26 PM

523 posts, read 1,680,693 times
I usually "see" SteveMorse on the New Jersey board and can vouche that he does have a sense of humor.

The bits about NYC in your post here, SM, did bring back memories. NYC still has it's resident characters, but you've got to spend some time there to notice them. It is a great and cleaned up city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate