Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2021, 09:52 PM

7 posts, read 28,598 times

Advertisements

Hello I hired a property manager to find me a tenant last year. They have been managing my property in Montgomery County, MD and take 8% a month. Tenants lease is coming to an end and they have expressed an interest in purchasing my property off market. Can I do this transaction without involving the property manager? I am obviously trying to avoid realtor fees. I looked through my contract with the property manager and #21 and #22 are crossed out on GCAAR form 1202. See attached. Should there be any issues that I am not aware of?
Attached Thumbnails
Landlord to tenant sale - avoid property manager-capturerental.png  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2021, 01:59 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,847,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn1030 View Post
Hello I hired a property manager to find me a tenant last year. They have been managing my property in Montgomery County, MD and take 8% a month. Tenants lease is coming to an end and they have expressed an interest in purchasing my property off market. Can I do this transaction without involving the property manager? I am obviously trying to avoid realtor fees. I looked through my contract with the property manager and #21 and #22 are crossed out on GCAAR form 1202. See attached. Should there be any issues that I am not aware of?
It looks like those clauses are not part of the contract because the specifics were not filled in and those sections were specifically crossed out - they do not exist. As long as no clauses have been added to that boilerplate contract adding in any obligation that you agreed to, you're good to go.

Since you will not be using a broker to assist in the sale process it appears you will have a lawyer draw up the contract so just have them confirm you have no obligation to the property manager when you start the process.

Old 03-03-2021, 04:58 AM

9,361 posts, read 14,119,343 times
As far as I know, cross outs may not be completely defendable unless all parties to the contract have initialed them.

Old 03-03-2021, 07:42 AM

13,713 posts, read 12,446,452 times
Since you should have an RE attorney draw up the paperwork for te sale anyway, ask them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate