Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2008, 08:57 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times

Advertisements

Oh yeah mawoods...coweta county area right?? Crazy daughter went to Baja's while we were in town.....can you beleive Mother's Finest will be there Oct 4th?! that group sure brings back memories. Oh the stories crazyma could tell ...in the good ole days my CB handle (yes CB radio ROTFL) was wildchild......but crazy ma is tame...a lot more so Hah...I am thankful I survived those days

NIke, me hubby almost had a job that would have brought us to Greensboro...gee I could have wound up in your house

Painter...just hang on.Someone will love your property. I know I would. i grew up with horses and would enjoy opportunity to have them again. Just keep think the buyer is out there and will call as soon as they sell their house or land that new job down there

Old 09-16-2008, 09:01 AM

don't buy now, don't drink outta plastic, don't wear green underwear

MY GOSH how did we grow up and survive with the media telling us what and how to do it!!!!!
Baaa aaaa Baa aaa

Old 09-16-2008, 09:17 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
The media has had such a negative impact on the market and the economy. What makes these talking plastic heads experts????????????

Old 09-16-2008, 09:40 AM

571 posts, read 1,050,067 times
The media just loves to pick up on any "bad" news and then beat it to death! These so called experts telling people not to buy houses now... aarrrgghhhh! I'm so tired of hearing about the horrible economy, the horrible weather, etc... wouldn't it be great to hear something good for a change?

We have another showing this afternoon ~ we have had quite a few showings lately, but no offers. We are thinking of lowering our price once again. Everyone seems to love the house, but not enough to buy it, I guess.

Mawoods and sykesfamily ~ I am so happy for you!

the painter ~ good luck with your inquiry

Niki ~ my thoughts are with you for your showing later today

Have a good day!

Old 09-16-2008, 09:56 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Anita,Niki,Painter-best of luck today.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:08 AM

336 posts, read 864,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
I have a showing tomorrow evening (technically today, on the east coast) from 6:00 to 7:00 PM. I'm trying not to get nervous or too hopeful.
Good Luck on your showing...will be praying and crossing fingers and toes for you....

Old 09-16-2008, 10:10 AM

336 posts, read 864,490 times
Oh didn't mean to forget you painter and anita....good luck on your showings as well and I will be crossing my fingers and toes for you all. And if I forget anyone else I apologize in advance and will be doing the same for each and everyone of you.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:48 AM

620 posts, read 1,951,362 times
Default Disturbing phone call

Painter and Anita- Best of luck with your showings today. I am sure that your house is perfect from its roof to its grass! Your buyer will be walking in soon and saying, "Honey, I am home!"

Well, this is very off topic from buying or selling a home. I am about to scream, cry, and pull my hair out! My husband isn't home or I would be doing all that to him!

I just got off a phone call that has my nerves rattled. Our insurance company called and I found out that we might be getting sued. I am like freaking out because in all the house stuff going on this is happening!

My oldest son got in an accident last August on a Saturday afternoon. He was 16. Yes, the accident was his fault. He got cited. He was at a stop sign and stopped ( looked both ways according to him) and went. Well, another car was coming and the officer even said the Blazer he hit was probably speeding ( UP TO 70), BUT since my son didn't have the right away he was cited. The lady went to the hospital. My son was T-Boned so her car was going head on. Her passenger did not go.

Now, the lady's lawyer is threating to sue. Our insurance ( Geico) has said they paid all medical bills, fixed her car, etc. Now she wants more. Our insurance said they offered her a more than reasonable settlement but they are refusing it.

I am so worried. We aren't excusing what happened. We are denying it happened. It is just that I know some people are money hungry especially in this economy.

Our insurance company told me don't be surprised if you get a summons. ( I am not even in SC right now!) Our insurance said that they will back us and that they are here for us. ( I am not even really sure about that if they try to sue for some crazy amount.)

Please keep us in your thoughts. This should be a happy time with the house and all keep thinking is -my goodness what if they come after us for everything we own!

I don't even know what to say because I am so upset.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:39 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,889,082 times
Raising3boys - I am so very sorry about you being sued. You are right though people are money hungry and it is just awful! My hubby got hit from the back at a high rate of speed and they paid our medical, fixed our car, and we got $400 which we thought was fair. Some people though are out for the almighty dollar! I am going to pray for you as soon as I post this. God Bless you and your family!

Anita, Niki, Painter here is some pixie dust all goes well for you today and you get your homes sold!

Last edited by kris; 01-10-2014 at 12:42 PM..

Old 09-16-2008, 01:14 PM

raising3boys...take a big big breath...did your insurnace say she signed off on what they already did yet? If she already did, she may have a problem opening the case back up.
At any rate, BOOT camp sends her a great big ole shift kick in the rump for her initial stupidity...........didn't she even get a speeing ticket????

we will be sending up prayers and special pixie dust for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate