Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2008, 09:29 AM

571 posts, read 1,050,067 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!

NJSocks - great news that you had a showing! Hopefully it will result in an offer!

We had an agent "preview" yesterday... they told me they would be here at 1:30, but they wandered in after 2:00. I'm sure in a sellers market, they wouldn't be late... oh well. We have had quite a few of these "previews"... but not one has resulted in them bringing in a client! Actually, one guy did come the day before a showing, but he had already made the appointment for the showing for the next day and that I didn't mind. I wonder what these previews are all about. I feel like it is a waste of my time as I run around picking up and getting the house ready... for nothing! Sorry, just venting here... it just seems like a waste of time to get the house ready just because an agent has some time to kill...

We are going to lower our price as much as I hate to... the guy two doors down did, and now we are forced to follow... very frustrating! So be it, we really want to move on to the next chapter of our lives...

Prayers and good thoughts to all of the sellers! Have a good day today!

Anita

Old 09-04-2008, 10:26 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Anita,NJSocks and all-hopefully the market is turning-we can all only hope.

Last edited by LaceyEx; 09-04-2008 at 11:40 AM..

Old 09-04-2008, 10:36 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitajas View Post
Hi everyone!

NJSocks - great news that you had a showing! Hopefully it will result in an offer!

We had an agent "preview" yesterday... they told me they would be here at 1:30, but they wandered in after 2:00. I'm sure in a sellers market, they wouldn't be late... oh well. We have had quite a few of these "previews"... but not one has resulted in them bringing in a client! Actually, one guy did come the day before a showing, but he had already made the appointment for the showing for the next day and that I didn't mind. I wonder what these previews are all about. I feel like it is a waste of my time as I run around picking up and getting the house ready... for nothing! Sorry, just venting here... it just seems like a waste of time to get the house ready just because an agent has some time to kill...

We are going to lower our price as much as I hate to... the guy two doors down did, and now we are forced to follow... very frustrating! So be it, we really want to move on to the next chapter of our lives...

Anita

Brokers open are really good to show the realtors your home. They just might have the perfect buyer or down the road they will remember your home. I begged for a brokers open in FL and was told that they were just a waste of time and no one did them anymore. I even offered to pay for the food. She just was not use to doing them. In CA they were done in our area every Thursday when a new home came up for sale even in the bad times.
That is a shame what your neighbor is doing but that is what we were always doing also following the other comps down until the end when we went lower and then sold. We hated doing it but we wanted to move on also. I am sure others when they found out what we sold the house for thought unkindly of us but when I look at realtor.com thouse home are still on the market and prices keep dropping all together.
Maybe your new price will get the perfect offer. Fingers crossed and the pretty dust is going your way.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:42 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykesfamily View Post
NJ

Hang in there you will hear something soon. Some just want to sit and ponder a bit before they jump and write. Good luck and I will be praying for you.

Michelle
We all when we sell want a decision right away but as a buyer we have always looked at a home two to three times and looked at others as well.We just had to do the pros and cons and I am sure you will fit in the pro column.
Good luck, prayers and pixie dust going your way for a big time offer.
Lorrie

Old 09-04-2008, 03:01 PM

342 posts, read 717,164 times
I don't mind agents doing previews - it may work out that the house is not right for their client of the moment, but they'll remember it and hopefully bring a new client in the future. With so much on the market, the more agents that have seen it - the better.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:29 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitajas View Post
Hi everyone!

Anita
Anita, Lacy, Dogmom,Hammy, and everyone else!
thank you!!
No feedback, no call back from the showing! My realtor already put in 2 calls. I said, don't worry. They'll be more coming hopefully! Im just letting it roll off my shoulder!

My realtor is doing a broker tour as someone previously mentioned....next week...the 10th....she is bringing lunch in for them and also a prize will be given away for the lucky realtor! so I hope it goes well!!

Good luck and good thoughts for everyone here trying to sell...........
Hurricane remnants supposed to be coming our way in Jersey tomorrow into Sat.We NEED RAIN! Dry as a bone here!Free water instead of the damn sprinklers going!

Old 09-04-2008, 05:30 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykesfamily View Post
NJ

Hang in there you will hear something soon. Some just want to sit and ponder a bit before they jump and write. Good luck and I will be praying for you.

Michelle
thank you kindly MIchelle!! I appreciate it. This is a great forum! I will do the same for you too!

Old 09-05-2008, 07:53 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Checking in to see if any fellow sellers got offers. I had to go searching for this thread so I figured it didn't look promising. My one and only inquiry hasn't responded so...maybe the next one, huh?

Old 09-05-2008, 08:37 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
None here Painter and no calls for a showing.

How's by you??

Old 09-05-2008, 08:41 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,585 times
None here either and no calls for any showings since last week Saturday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate