Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2008, 11:08 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Good grief I was born around 45 and I would never pass inspection.lol
If you can try and make it work and get rid of the load of two homes.

Good grief I know I wouldn't!!!!!!!

Old 10-01-2008, 11:13 AM

33 posts, read 48,802 times
Crazyma and all the ladies, The recessed lighting is in and looks pretty dam good if I say so myself. I am thinking of track lighting under the counters, not expensive at all.

I will be tackling the bath next. Updates as they occur.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Bump and Grind

Old 10-01-2008, 11:15 AM

124 posts, read 470,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Good grief I was born around 45 and I would never pass inspection.lol
If you can try and make it work and get rid of the load of two homes.
Lol, I'd hardly pass an inspection and I was "built" in the 60's.

I'm not worried that they're expecting a clean inspection, but that they're hoping it isn't perfect so that they can use any little issue against us. I expect that they'll threaten to back out for something minor unless we bend over backwards for them.

But you're right, two homes is a load I'll be happy to be free of in the long run.

Thanks for all the welcomes!

Good luck to you, raising3boys, with your own offer. I forgot to add that before.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:26 PM

336 posts, read 864,416 times
Wow Joe, Sounds like you are getting a lot done. Keep on bumping and grinding and doing your thing.

Well just talked to my realtor for the first time in almost 2 weeks. Said we are still on schedule for closing on the 28th which sounded real good to my ears. Buyers realtor is supposed to contact me sometime today to schedule an appt. for the buyers to come in for an hour with a painter to get bids on what it will cost to do some interior painting to make the place feel more homey to them which is very understandable you buy a place you want it to be yours, not the previous owners.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:34 PM

620 posts, read 1,951,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykesfamily View Post

Well just talked to my realtor for the first time in almost 2 weeks. Said we are still on schedule for closing on the 28th which sounded real good to my ears. Buyers realtor is supposed to contact me sometime today to schedule an appt. for the buyers to come in for an hour with a painter to get bids on what it will cost to do some interior painting to make the place feel more homey to them which is very understandable you buy a place you want it to be yours, not the previous owners.
That is fantastic news that all is going well. The buyers must be really anxious to make your house their home! They must be going to paint right away. They are making lots of plans and putting things in place.

Old 10-01-2008, 02:52 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,604 times
Doing another quick check in here to see how it's going for everybody. Hope everybody's inspections and closing go as planned! I'm rooting for all of you!

I'm doing a bit of a countdown myself........Sorry, no selling yet.......but in 7 days I will be outta this dump of a state and on my way to SC!! Hubby says that his goal is to have me on the road no later than first thing next Wednesday morning. My goal was to be there a week ago, but sad to say I'm still here. We are having another garage sale this weekend then being totally ruthless in getting rid of stuff. Then I will have to work on shipping off anything I sell on eBay and start packing up the van. I just HOPE that I can fit everything in that I need to take with me! I wanted to leave all the seats in it, I hate driving it "empty", but it appears we will have to at least take out the very back ones. Plus I'll have to be picky as to what I really need to take this time and what I can leave here until Thanksgiving. And my new revolver is supposed to arrive today or tomorrow and the guy wants to take me back out to the range so that I can practice with it and he can teach me all the basics. And hubby and I are going to a banquet Friday night for his department from college. I, for the life of me, don't know how I am going to fit all this into the time I have left. I can't even get ready for the garage sale because hubby has a bunch of his eBay junk cluttering up the tables in the garage! He definately has to move that tonight so I can work there tomorrow.

*sigh* I'm getting tired just thinking about it. A friend of mine just called from NJ and talked for about an hour. She is a CPA, so I was picking her brains about the taxes this year with buying the new house. I told her I was going to probably have to get someone to do ours for this year, but she said that was silly and to try them myself and if I have any questions to just call her. So that's a big help. She is even familiar with NC and SC ones because she has clients that have moved there from NJ. She does travel a lot, so hopefully sometime she will be able to stop in and visit me.

OK.........time to go and start din-din. Here's a toast to everybody who is planning to sell, in the process thereof, in the process of closing, or has closed. May we all make it through this without any bloodshed!!

Old 10-01-2008, 03:36 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,319 times
Hey Rothbear, I took offense to you calling Pa a dumpy state, then I realized, hey, I want outta here, too!!! JK. Well, got my hopes up yesterday when I saw a moving truck at our loud neighbor;s house. (Our last showing, one of em showed up in their loud car and got their dogs barking when our lookers were checking out our backyard.) I called my husband, whispering as I was snooping thru the trees. I even thought that since it was the last day of the month, they must be moving out. Well, I dont know what happened, but people still there, and even worse, dogs still barking. *sigh*

Old 10-01-2008, 04:30 PM

1,802 posts, read 8,163,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMerchant View Post
Crazyma and all the ladies, The recessed lighting is in and looks pretty dam good if I say so myself. I am thinking of track lighting under the counters, not expensive at all.

I will be tackling the bath next. Updates as they occur.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Bump and Grind
When you get finished there, I've got a ton of things that need fixin' at my place!

Old 10-01-2008, 04:47 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times
Joe isn't wasting time! janet, wonder if he is for rent?!!

roth you have certainlly been the bizzy bee with your selling...hope you are making a nice little
'nest egg' for someting special later

that's funny roth can't wait to get to SC and Raising can't wait to leave SC and go to Ohio!!! Isn't it funny how we all have our own ideas of where HOME should be?! But as they say , home is where the heart is...........or the jobs !!!

Old 10-01-2008, 05:38 PM

33 posts, read 48,802 times
Jeez, All this attention!!! WOW!

janetvj, just get motivated(or motivate your man). crazyma, for the ladies here....IT'S FREE!!!

Bump and Grind
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate