Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 05:24 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,636,376 times

Advertisements

Cool (literally... 69 last night)! My suggestion was to help you keep your sanity. There's very little you can do about the unknown. It sounds like you're staying on top of things which is really important. Good luck and well wishes from Tampa that you'll have a serious (and responsible) buyer very soon!

Keep ranting! ROTFL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 05:28 PM

754 posts, read 1,744,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post

Keep ranting! ROTFL.
LOL OH and here I was thinking everyone was over my rants. Well then...where shall I start? hmmm how about the $700 billion bail out plan?...nah won't go there

Old 09-27-2008, 06:41 PM

15,618 posts, read 40,614,564 times
I think the biggest problem I see as a listing agent is that due to the media coverage of foreclosures, buyers seem to think every home is a distressed sale.

My new response to the question "Why are the sellers moving?" is "This is not a short sale or foreclosure, just a normal real estate transaction."

Old 09-27-2008, 06:48 PM

754 posts, read 1,744,267 times
Very true Silverfall about the perception of homes on the market.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:49 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,204,126 times
Good answer Silverfall.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:54 PM

63,917 posts, read 46,929,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I'm only looking at 50K above my target price..not ONLY at 50K above my target price.
So I'm looking at below, at and 50K above.
I'm not looking at homes 100K above my target price thinking I'll get a deal.

You misinterpreted my post or I wasn't clear enough.

I certainly hope that people aren't pricing a 100K wiggle number in their homes. 50K..maybe.
What is your price point? It matters.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:54 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,733,892 times
Kristine..why not have your realtor put something like "qualified buyers only" for showings ?
I have seen that in some listings. At least then you'd get "qualified" tire kickers

As for the flamings I got with my post..I qualfied for 100K over what my target price is for a mortgage but I do not want that kind of debt. So, yes I am looking at homes 50K over my "personal" target but I do qualify if I find one that I would like to submit an offer on.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:10 PM

108 posts, read 379,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
I think the biggest problem I see as a listing agent is that due to the media coverage of foreclosures, buyers seem to think every home is a distressed sale.

My new response to the question "Why are the sellers moving?" is "This is not a short sale or foreclosure, just a normal real estate transaction."

My response as a buyer: "Lets start with the sellers who are most desperate
but still have a chance to sell, and go from there."

Old 09-27-2008, 07:12 PM

959 posts, read 1,829,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Kristine..why not have your realtor put something like "qualified buyers only" for showings ?
I have seen that in some listings. At least then you'd get "qualified" tire kickers

As for the flamings I got with my post..I qualfied for 100K over what my target price is for a mortgage but I do not want that kind of debt. So, yes I am looking at homes 50K over my "personal" target but I do qualify if I find one that I would like to submit an offer on.

Not a bad idea there Happy Texan! I will ask her about that.

Kristine

Old 09-27-2008, 07:32 PM

16,175 posts, read 21,333,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalyzeThis View Post
the third showing they thought something was wrong with the kitchen/foyer hardwood floor because there was “dents” ummm no the “dents” are in the entire floor and are a part of the distressed look of that series. The buyer’s agent told my realtor she even told the buyer that but the buyer didn’t believe it…are you serious?
I'm sorry but I just have to laugh at this because it hit close to home. My agent showed me a house last week where, upon walking in the front door, my first thought was that the sellers must have been in the middle of refinishing their hardwood floors. On closer inspection we realized that the floors were brand new "distressed" flooring. Nothing wrong with it, but it didn't make a very good first impression on me because my very next thought was immediately to consider the cost of replacing that flooring, since that is a style that just wouldn't work for me. I must say the flooring gave a very good impression of old worn wood, LOL

If it makes anybody feel better, apparently it's not just buyers that are reluctant to make a commitment. The one house I liked enough to put on offer on, the seller changed his mind and took it off the market. And I even offered the asking price, sigh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate