Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2008, 01:44 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,115,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raising3boys View Post
Has anyone got boxes of Craigslist?

I am thinking about posting ours ( once we UNPACK) on there. We have never posted ANYTHING on there and feel a little hesitant, but is it that bad?

We will have TONS! The wardrobe ones are great. I am thinking we will just give them away.

I thought about just placing them in the drive and saying....JUST TAKE them away in the ad.LOL.

I'm not real fond of strangers...I do not play well with others .
I've had better luck with Freecycle. They are moderated groups (unlike Craigslist) so that tends to keep the flakes at bay.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:07 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
Oh what sad, sad, news!!! I figured she was probably dead but prayed so hard she wasn't!!! She is one of God's very special angels for sure!!!

boocake!!! I am so happy for you!!!

Raising I haven't started shopping yet or even put up my tree. I just have been in a funky mood about the house and mobile home not getting any action and so I haven't felt like doing anything. I just haven't been on here because it is the holiday season and I don't want to inflict my downer mood on you all.
TC and GB everyone of you are special!!!

Judy so great to hear from you. I also saw the news about the finding of a body. They then showed pictures of her what a beautiful little girl she was. I always thought the mom was not guilty since how can one kill her own child but if i was to see her now I would be charged for the moms murder. Like you said she is in Gods special hands a much better place to be for her.
Pleace check in more often we all worry about you. Who cares what type of mood your in I am sure we all understand. This is a thread to write your feelings Judy so don't stay away because it is the holidays. BTW I am in a bad mood today and I don't know why. At least you know why Judy.

http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr206/elkiesmom/_03.jpg (broken link)

Old 12-11-2008, 02:23 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
Hey you all, Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in for what it is worth. Craigslist- nope never ever again will I use them. First day posted I got hit with a zillion spam hits, had to change passwords, several times for several days, the server well it took a couple of days to get it stopped. And they told me that they are a nightmare for them causing alot of problems with accounts being hacked ect. Just be carefull!!

ICE - added to my cell, and the kids over a yr ago, great idea. My ds rides in ambulances and yes they do check the cells for ICE.

Rubbermaid most difinately! I found the best price is at Walmarts, it is the only thing I buy there. They are at $5. and U haul charges that. LOL I have something like 30 of them packed now! If you use a magic market on them to label contents, a Magic Eraser will take it off when needed. Oh buy all the same sizes, for stacking and storing once you are threw with them. I also use the real smalls for storage, tidied up my mud room closet since I collect tools and such! Oh and I put a small one with a lock lid in the truck for my dogs when I have to load them up too. To much info, LOL!

Well the weather is finally clearing here, but of course no good new on my end. I am living through BOOCAKES sale!!!!

Old 12-11-2008, 03:04 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times
well the window glass is all in, and I do believe it feels warmer , I hope so. DD was getting all new windows out there in WA too yesterday and today, And she said it felt warmer in there last night in the bedrooms.

Joe, nice score! Hope you stay warm in the North lands and remember, don't eat that yellow snow, that's where the huskies go LOL!!!!!!!

Judy girl, you just come on here and don't worry about being down...we all go there

Painter- I never get all that crap from Craigs- maybe it has to do with my spy/spam/virus/firewall??

well hubby has his last final tonite, so I am on my own. Think I will run to World Market and find some interesting tidbits for DGD gift box. We decided to hold the doll until Valentines She wants that Wall E robot, so anything else woudl be overshadowed by that....So that and the playhouse tent is enough 'big' ticket stuff............

oh yeah that little girl in FL? the dumbass DA said that they wouldn't ask for the DP on the mom...why should she be able to live...granted in prison, but she is useless..I am convinced she did it.poor little one, makes me sick people that hurt innocent children.
y'all take care back later

Old 12-11-2008, 03:42 PM

525 posts, read 1,298,132 times
RE: Rubbermaid containers - I'm going to have to look into that? Any suggestions on how many you guys used? We have a fairly small home, just 1550 square feet - 3 bedrooms. We actually have our garage "junk" already stored in those containers, so we wouldn't need any for garage stuff. I know I can always buy more. I'm thinking this is a good idea, because I can always sell them if I end up with too many after I move.....

Also, I'm starting to wonder if I'm getting Punk'd. It's working out way too well! We asked them today if we could stay an extra 2 weeks AFTER closing, and they said fine, no problem! And they aren't even charging us anything to do that, although we did offer them the refrigerator (it's pretty nice and they didn't ask for it) sort of as an exchange. We don't want to take it with us anyways. So, we get to stay until Jan. 31, which is almost exactly when my mom is scheduled to close on her house that we will be renting. I just hope everything proceeds this smoothly until we're done!!!

Old 12-11-2008, 04:37 PM

620 posts, read 1,951,193 times
Boocake- Yipee it is all working out for you! Are you peeking around every corner looking for Ashton? haha.

As far as the bins, just pick up a couple at a time. They can add up in price, but they are WELL worth it. I use them all the time in my classroom. I have like 20 just for it! We store all of our Christmas stuff in them too. I can't imagine how many we have. A lot that is for sure!

Crazyma- I am glad your window is all better! Its the little things that make us excited. Who would think a window would bring pleasure? LOL.

Judy- Lorrie is right. Please don't stay away because you feel like the pits. We are ALL in this for the long haul. We will stay together until WE ALL move and get where are hearts want to be!

Plaidmom -Thanks for the tip about freecycle. Never heard of that.

Painter- See you are the EXACT reason that I do not want to Craigslist. I have heard horror stories. I just feel kind of weirded out about it.

I was thinking about asking on the realtors about this.....what do you guys think about contacting my buyers' agent...( Oh joy) LOL or the broker and telling them if anyone makes an offer and needs to move...they could have our boxes if they needed them. I thought that way the broker has all their information and know they are legitimate people coming to the house to pick them up.

Old 12-11-2008, 04:46 PM

Default Talk of Moving...

Ok, I know boo is getting ready to move and so are we...some of you might decide to get motivated and pack up some stuff now....

DO NOT...I repeat do what my DH did....

When we moved last time, we moved ourselves because it was a short move like 10 minutes away.

At the end of the move, my dh decided to just start throwing last minute items in boxes.

About after a week when we moved, I kept seeing these little itty bitty gnats. I was like what is going on? No matter what we did, they kept appearing. I was freaking out. ( I am NOT a bug person!) It was a never ending saga with these fruit flies and gnat things.

For about a month after we moved, we had tons of boxes still that needed unpacked in our living room. I decided to tackle the job in the living room.

The VERY FIRST box, I opened....I found the nasty thing that had ALL kinds of fruit flies. The box was labeled kitchen items....

It was a ROTTEN onion!!!

We thought the house itself had something in it...LOL.

I was so mad at my dh! He packed that box. I called him at worked and told him about it and he replied, " Oh ya I remember now. I was just throwing everything in there."

MORAL: DO NOT JUST THROW STUFF IN A BOX AT THE END!!

or .....

Don't let your dh pack.

Old 12-11-2008, 04:55 PM

Judy- YES the Emergency Contact is great. When I was single parenting in SC with Lucas I made sure an entire paragraph was in there about us. Ours you can store notes and 3 ICE numbers. I even put who to call to have him picked up at the hospital if I couldn't speak. I didn't want him to go into foster care temporarily since my family was 12 hours away! I wanted friends to get him.

Please if you all haven't done this...do it right away. If any of you have toddlers or little grandchildren(tell their parents) ...PLEASE PUT THEIR NAMES in there too. We did that so if something happened our little guy could be called by his name so he wouldn't be so scared. The police or EMT could speak to him and use their name. I put what we were allergic too and all that.

Our teens rolled their eyes when I put the information in their phones. I got the standard, " oh you are paranoid, what is going to happen?"

You never know! Thank you for passing this message on Judy. Hopefully, none of us have to use

Old 12-11-2008, 08:22 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMerchant View Post
Hello All You Bootcampers, Been away for a bit(work you know). Just wanted to wish evryone a Happy and Safe Holiday season. I took the house off the market for the time being because I have scored a great job offer. I am off to the great White North to do some work for Discovery magazine. I'll check back .

So until then...

Bump and Grind

JM

Sounds like a great job offer!!

Old 12-11-2008, 08:56 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Boocake!! I'm so excited for you!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate