Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2009, 11:12 AM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,785,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
NJSocks: SHEL, I would go with you if I lived closer!! It sucks losing parents. It really does. Take some time out for you and just reflect. That is what I do when I go back to Buffalo where my parents are buried. Sit, reflect and think of all the happy memories that help us get through.

Hey Tex, yep born and raised outside of Buffalo near Amherst/Williamsville areas for 33 years! then I moved 5 times lol after that! Lived in 1 house for 33 years lol....anyway...I would move back in a heartbeat but no jobs for my hub there in aviation industry..I could get my old hospital HR job back but it's too hard for him with employment being dismal there! So much cheaper to live there too!!
Quote:
TexasGirl@Heart : Thanks NJ! I did reflect on some memories while I was there. Gosh I miss her so much. Were you born and raised in Buffalo? I used to live there.
So sorry about your mom, too. My mom died when she was only 53…. I always remember my mother's birthday – May 1st and she always loved "May Day!"

Small world.....get this....I was born and raised in Buffalo, New York!!! I went to high school at Cleveland Hill High in Cheektowaga!! So, weird to see other people who have lived in Buffalo. I have been away many years now, but it is still my hometown....although I don't think I'd ever want to venture into those winters again!

Well, I have done my prayers to St. Joseph, and letting go and letting God! I sure hope he heard me. I told him my father's middle name is Joseph, and my father is a carpenter, too!! And, he's a great dad! Hope St. Joseph understands that I understand a great dad!

And the waiting begins......

Here is the link: 677 West Dr, San Lorenzo Valley, CA, 95018 - MLS ID#80925406 - Single Family Home real estate - REALTOR.com® [Not sure we can do this, but hope so....]

I live in the woods, so it's harder to sell -- not as many people up here, thus, less buyers. But it's a beautiful place to live, only a few miles to the beach, but way too large for me, and way too much work for me alone. I want to retire, and I know I can't keep this house both financially and physically when I retire. Please wish me good luck with this!! Thanks!

Old 06-11-2009, 12:11 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Well here you go sister

It worked for us we hancuffed her that she even put her fiance when she couldn't get a mortgage own on our home. She really didn't want to do that. She was going to have him live with her and that was why she wanted a big (way to much furnitue between both of them)home but she wanted it only in her name.
Oh My I think she handcuffed us. Got a great deal.lol

Old 06-11-2009, 12:27 PM

[quote=c21boquetebocasgold;9240710]Hey Tex, Yeah in the grand scheme of things he was young; 64. I was raised by my GP from 1 year old 'cause natural mom wasn't, well . . . another long story. But my GP were really my parents, ya know - like I told my 'natural one' one time, takes more than popping out a kid to be a parent. Daddy layed down to take a nap during 1/2 time of a football game and essentially just didn't wake up. I am grateful for that - what I still feel guilty about though is that I was 19 and, well, 19 in 1977 - so I didn't go to my sister's house on Christmas Day and thus didn't get my present from mom and dad until the day after. So I called to thank them and some strange woman answered the phone, then mom got on and told me daddy had just passed. So I freaked, my sister telling me to calm down 'cause was upsetting her kids . . . so the day after Christmas I never work. Last year though had a client/friend come to Bocas and since he likes to drink beer too, we went to see his property that's listed with us, he brought a 12 pack in the boat so we were climbing all over his land with beer and when we headed back to Bocas Town and it was in sight, just raised my can and said "Hey daddy I'm thinking about you and hope you see I turned out okay". Still miss him[/QUO

My Dad died when he was 64 also but my mom died when she was almost 80. I miss both of them so much. My dad use to wear flannel shirts a few years back I was dreaming about him and he had one of his flannel shirts on. He had his arms out to me trying to hug me. I woke up then but when I went back to sleep he did hug me. I miss both of them so much. Dad died in 1975and mom in 89. I don't visit them since they are both buried on LI but they like my Nana are always with me and that is what counts. Loved them so very much. They didn't have my brother or me until my mom was 35 amd i do believe that helped them be great parents. Old enough to be the best unlike me who was only 20 when I got pregnant I had a lot of growing up to do as did hubby.

Old 06-11-2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Thanks for the positive thoughts Lorrie. I read you are going to visit family in Cali...that's great! Have a safe fun-filled trip!

Me too!

Thanks NJ! I did reflect on some memories while I was there. Gosh I miss her so much. Were you born and raised in Buffalo? I used to live there.

Where at in PA????

Thanks C21. I could never forget my mom's birthday. She would have been 80 yrs old today. Losing your dad at 19 years of age-- Was it an accident that claimed his life? He had to have been fairly young. How awful.

Tambre: I hope everything works out w/your counter offer. Saying some prayers for you.

Barb: How ya doing out there in Cali?!?! Is it feeling like home yet (your house)??

Tambra your home is going to be bought by them. They are serious buyers and I am sure will meet you half way.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:13 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Texas, so sorry you lost your mom how wonderful that you are able to go to the cemetery on those special days, I know somehow it helps.
It does help--kind of cathartic in a way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Hey Tex, Yeah in the grand scheme of things he was young; 64. I was raised by my GP from 1 year old 'cause natural mom wasn't, well . . . another long story. But my GP were really my parents, ya know - like I told my 'natural one' one time, takes more than popping out a kid to be a parent. Daddy layed down to take a nap during 1/2 time of a football game and essentially just didn't wake up. I am grateful for that - what I still feel guilty about though is that I was 19 and, well, 19 in 1977 - so I didn't go to my sister's house on Christmas Day and thus didn't get my present from mom and dad until the day after. So I called to thank them and some strange woman answered the phone, then mom got on and told me daddy had just passed. So I freaked, my sister telling me to calm down 'cause was upsetting her kids . . . so the day after Christmas I never work. Last year though had a client/friend come to Bocas and since he likes to drink beer too, we went to see his property that's listed with us, he brought a 12 pack in the boat so we were climbing all over his land with beer and when we headed back to Bocas Town and it was in sight, just raised my can and said "Hey daddy I'm thinking about you and hope you see I turned out okay". Still miss him
Actually, my mom's parents (my grandparents) raised me too. Long story, but we were always raised to respect our mom. My parents were divorcing and neither one had the means to support us. So my grandparents raised 6 of us! It wasn't until I was an adult that I forgave my mom and grew to love her with an unconditional love. She had a tough life and she had hard choices to make. She did the best she could.
Your dad would be proud of you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Hey Tex, yep born and raised outside of Buffalo near Amherst/Williamsville areas for 33 years! then I moved 5 times lol after that! Lived in 1 house for 33 years lol....anyway...I would move back in a heartbeat but no jobs for my hub there in aviation industry..I could get my old hospital HR job back but it's too hard for him with employment being dismal there! So much cheaper to live there too!!

Oh! We are going near Scranton/Wilkes Barre area ---! I wish it was Pittsburgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....
Me too!!!

I only lived in Buffalo for 1.5 years--that was ENOUGH for me!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
So sorry about your mom, too. My mom died when she was only 53…. I always remember my mother's birthday – May 1st and she always loved "May Day!"

Small world.....get this....I was born and raised in Buffalo, New York!!! I went to high school at Cleveland Hill High in Cheektowaga!! So, weird to see other people who have lived in Buffalo. I have been away many years now, but it is still my hometown....although I don't think I'd ever want to venture into those winters again!

Well, I have done my prayers to St. Joseph, and letting go and letting God! I sure hope he heard me. I told him my father's middle name is Joseph, and my father is a carpenter, too!! And, he's a great dad! Hope St. Joseph understands that I understand a great dad!

And the waiting begins......

Here is the link: 677 West Dr, San Lorenzo Valley, CA, 95018 - MLS ID#80925406 - Single Family Home real estate - REALTOR.com® [Not sure we can do this, but hope so....]

I live in the woods, so it's harder to sell -- not as many people up here, thus, less buyers. But it's a beautiful place to live, only a few miles to the beach, but way too large for me, and way too much work for me alone. I want to retire, and I know I can't keep this house both financially and physically when I retire. Please wish me good luck with this!! Thanks!
Good luck w/your house Wisteria. It's a tough market. I am getting discouraged.

Another Buffalo girl! My old college roommate was from Cheektowaga!

It is sad losing parents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
My Dad died when he was 64 also but my mom died when she was almost 80. I miss both of them so much. My dad use to wear flannel shirts a few years back I was dreaming about him and he had one of his flannel shirts on. He had his arms out to me trying to hug me. I woke up then but when I went back to sleep he did hug me. I miss both of them so much. Dad died in 1975and mom in 89. I don't visit them since they are both buried on LI but they like my Nana are always with me and that is what counts. Loved them so very much. They didn't have my brother or me until my mom was 35 amd i do believe that helped them be great parents. Old enough to be the best unlike me who was only 20 when I got pregnant I had a lot of growing up to do as did hubby.
What a nice wonderful dream.
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
I understand c21! I lost my dad at 23. He was 58. He had colon ca.Came home sick on his birthday to find out he had ca-nice bday gift huh? My uncle died 7 days later *he was only 56-pancreas ca-dead in 6 weeks!They thought it was the flu! so it was certainly a hard time! With my mom.,I was 29 when she died. I called myself Little Orphan Annie after I lost my mom since my dad already died!. Sucks, doesn't it????? Time heals but the memories will last a lifetime! You never ever forget..every day I think of them.
Sure does suck! But you are right--the memories will last a lifetime.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:21 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
So sorry for all the losses you all have suffered. I was blessed to have my Dad til he passed 11 yrs ago at 79 from Non-Hodgkins. He was our quiet, gentle, wonderful rock and we all miss him horribly-but I do know he's always with us. My mother is still alive and is 89.

Tex-how's the brother?

Old 06-11-2009, 03:08 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,360 times
Hi,

Sorry to hear your stories of loss of your parents, and a special hug for those of you who lost them when you were so young.

My dad is 89 and my mom is 85, and they are still doing well for their age. I'm very greatful to have them in my life for so long.

Old 06-11-2009, 03:31 PM

Okay, so regarding their counter offer...we were $15,000 apart, and they came up only $3,000, so we told them thanks but no thanks. If we accepted their offer, this would have meant that we dropped by $24,000 and they came up $10,000. Guess we won't be needing those handcuffs, afterall, but could I borrow them just in case?

Old 06-11-2009, 04:44 PM

657 posts, read 1,788,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Okay, so regarding their counter offer...we were $15,000 apart, and they came up only $3,000, so we told them thanks but no thanks. If we accepted their offer, this would have meant that we dropped by $24,000 and they came up $10,000. Guess we won't be needing those handcuffs, afterall, but could I borrow them just in case?
oh tambre... im soooo sorry! it is soooo rough out there... mabey they will figure it out and realize they like it and have to have it.
everybody is looking for such a huge amount less than asking. its so not fair!
get this.. just came from my friends house. the one who sold finally after almost 2yrs.. she is almost all packed. and she was closing tomorrow. they called to postpone the closing cuz her buyers buyers are from another country and need more proof of citizenship!! if this falls thru imagine the heartache with my friend, her buyer and her buyers buyer. its such a mess..
im still praying for you!!!

Old 06-11-2009, 04:54 PM

Wow, that is awful. To be packing, ugh, what a weird hold up in the chain of selling.

Thanks for your kind words. When I told our agent that we wouldn't accept that offer, I also told her to tell the buyers "thanks, we appreciated their offer, but we just have a bottom line, and that I understand that they have their financial constraints, and that I wish them well." We also had a showing today, but they didn't even leave a card, and were only in the house for fifteen minutes. No feedback from that yet. Such is life. We already dropped $20,000 from last year, and they wanted us to drop another $24,000. Just a little over the edge into "it's not worth it land".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate