Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2009, 11:58 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times

Advertisements

just getting online girls, trying to empty some boxes..we just heard that our wonderful friend in Utah had a possible stroke this morning...her husband called Dogpaw a while ago as he was following her ambulance to the hospital. any prayers appreciated..makes my mess small in comparison...thanks

Old 06-17-2009, 12:42 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post

Tex haven't been to East Tenn to Mama's grave since '99 ish...oddly enough my birth mother is buried there also, just down the hill. Hard to get to that part of the country good that you can go if you feel like it.
How is your brother??
LOVE the Austin pics- had no idea it was so pretty, saw Flip happy on a TV food show...that lovely Hamilton lagoon place shore looks inviting..YEE haw hair is cute too
Yes, Austin is pretty. Hamilton Pool is so nice. IDtoTX really does need to get out and explore--she lives in a beautiful place!

Thanks re: my hair! Just shorter and a little lighter. The blonde highlights hide the gray more effectively than brown dye does!

My brother is in a rehab unit now and just angry over the entire situation. He's mad because his wife has not visited for over a week (She said she has a respiratory infection ) I am going to see him Fri night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Now you all can see why I had to join the camp!! I wasn't kidding!
You have to do what is right for your situation and not worry about the vet's situation. Prayers going out to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
just getting online girls, trying to empty some boxes..we just heard that our wonderful friend in Utah had a possible stroke this morning...her husband called Dogpaw a while ago as he was following her ambulance to the hospital. any prayers appreciated..makes my mess small in comparison...thanks
Oh Barb, definitely prayers being sent.

Old 06-17-2009, 02:12 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Tex looks like s-i-l could use a size 8 on her butt.

Batb prayers for your friend.

Wisteria hang in - you will find the right buyer.

13 days til she can get her sign!

Old 06-17-2009, 06:12 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
Barb- prayers for your friend

Lacey counting down!!

Joy- the situation may require seatbelts....or me taking mine off and whipping some a$$

Wisteria- Just curious....does your price accurately reflect the recent comps for your specific area?? Or did you arrive at the price some other way?

Well I have been playing around with my new Venture and
MY GOSH people it is SOOOOOOO freaking hot here today....I feel like a -

fried egg on pavement, I swear almost got one out to take outside and try it. I wonder if I poured some batter on my tomatos if I could get some fried green ones!!
stay cool peeps!

Old 06-17-2009, 07:20 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,047,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post

Barb- prayers for your friend

God sweetie that's just horrible - we'll all be saying prayers for her and her DH. XXOO

Joy- the situation may require seatbelts....or me taking mine off and whipping some a$$ DO IT! Whip some serious a$$ girl - don't call ya crazyma for nothing.

Well I have been playing around with my new Venture and
MY GOSH people it is SOOOOOOO freaking hot here today....I feel like a -
fried egg on pavement, I swear almost got one out to take outside and try it. I wonder if I poured some batter on my tomatos if I could get some fried green ones!!
stay cool peeps!
Girl that's just too frickin' funny though for grins and giggles you should try it LOL. I'll try and send some cool weather your way

Old 06-17-2009, 07:36 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,785,636 times
Quote:
Crazyma:
Wisteria- Just curious....does your price accurately reflect the recent comps for your specific area?? Or did you arrive at the price some other way?
Actually, it's pretty right in there, plus I have a much larger lot. It's VERY expensive out here. In town, only 6 miles away (Santa Cruz) prices can range from high 500s to millions. I actually live in a "cheap" area. That's what I meant by prices being relative out here -- people here think I live in the cheap area, while where I'm from back east, this would buy a mansion! Kind of hard to believe. I imagine the price will get knocked down a bit, but it's only been a month and we did have a serious buyer....but they didn't have any credit! It'd be nice to have it over and done with, but I really don't want to be in the middle of owner financing -- now that I know what it is, it doesn't sound very appealing to me.

I'm going by the advice of my realtor, who is very competent. She was a business owner before going into real estate, and she runs this like a business.

So, we'll see. I was pretty stressed this week with the potential buyers, but they had no credit....and with learning what owner financing is -- not to mention it has been budget month at my job, and we are facing mass layoffs and I know for sure in two weeks we start getting our pay cut and our work furlough. Not a good time to sell, for sure, but I'd like to try.

Maybe St. Joseph will have mercy on me in his little place in the ground in front of my house!!

Old 06-17-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post

Thanks re: my hair! Just shorter and a little lighter. The blonde highlights hide the gray more effectively than brown dye does! LOL mine's blonde enough that gray just blends in - thank God for hair color!

My brother is in a rehab unit now and just angry over the entire situation. He's mad because his wife has not visited for over a week (She said she has a respiratory infection ) I am going to see him Fri night.
This woman is a real piece of work - your bro deserves better than that. On the other, hope you're taken it out of her hands and making sure about attorney, cops getting their frickin' report right, etc. etc. etc. I really feel sorry for him 'cause I know what PT is like and it ain't fun - plus SIL pulling disappearing act.

Your bro is lucky to have a sister like you.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Actually, it's pretty right in there, plus I have a much larger lot. It's VERY expensive out here. In town, only 6 miles away (Santa Cruz) prices can range from high 500s to millions. I actually live in a "cheap" area. That's what I meant by prices being relative out here -- people here think I live in the cheap area, while where I'm from back east, this would buy a mansion! Kind of hard to believe. I imagine the price will get knocked down a bit, but it's only been a month and we did have a serious buyer....but they didn't have any credit! It'd be nice to have it over and done with, but I really don't want to be in the middle of owner financing -- now that I know what it is, it doesn't sound very appealing to me.

I'm going by the advice of my realtor, who is very competent. She was a business owner before going into real estate, and she runs this like a business.
Sounds like a good plan, Wisteria. Didn't see in your original post your place had only been on the market for a month so it's good you're listening to your realtor and just be patient. Takes more than 1 month on the market to sell nowadays - just ask the fellow campers here.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:43 PM

Default Happiness is . . .

Old 06-17-2009, 11:29 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Hey Dogmom, I didn't know Gracie was a movie star LOL All of you animal lovers are going to howl

YouTube - Stealing Animals
Joy, I just love this video..yes that is my gracie for sure...amazing how clever they are..Carl, son Dan and I got a real chuckle out of this you tube..thanks for posting it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate