Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2009, 07:28 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,076 times

Advertisements

Gotta love this.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:49 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,272,077 times
Lorrie, I have a matching dog, lol

Old 04-13-2009, 08:10 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,542 times
You all have some great pups! All dogs are great, even the mean ones, lol.

dogmom, Was hoping to hear you were getting over the cruddies. It seems to be going around here too, I best not get it.

The guy stayed at the little house for over an hour. I went to unlock it and he pulled in right behind me so I took him in and gave him the low down. He was 30 mins early, then I went back an hour later to lock up and they were still in the house. He said he really really liked what I had done so maybe he will put in an offer tomorrow, hell he may of been writing one since he stayed so dang long with RE. ???? I thought an hour was bit long to look at a little house when it takes 5 mins to walk threw it.

Well the bad news is I just got a call from my sister and was told my sister in law went in for a yrly exam and her breast cancer returned almost 12 yrs to the day since she first found out. The thing is the exam was on Thurs and they rushed her in the same day for emergency surgery to do a complete removal. But my a*8hole brother won't tell anyone in the family what is going on. He is such a---------. Say a extra prayer for her please.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:44 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,272,077 times
Painter, I am so sorry, prayers coming her way..

Old 04-14-2009, 01:00 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,369,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
With the interest rates at an all time low, do you think that might encourage some buyers to make the move, or is the economy still too unsettled?

I need some advice. Our neighbor has a friend looking for a house, and they called while we were away. We aren't listed yet, but will be very soon. If they do decide to come take a look, should I give them a price based on what we are going to list the house for, or without realtor commission?

Texas - sounds like you have a busy spring travel schedule. It's great to hear that you are pain free! Howdy to everyone, and pixie dust for showings and offers on the way.
Tambre: I think the low interest rates combined with the 8K incentive that is free money might get some buyers off the fence and ready to write offers.

My showing that happened last week (Fri) ...the feed back was: "She loves the place, but just started looking. We'll let you know."

I think if you list and they make an offer after you are listed, your realtor still gets commission. I would talk to them prior to listing and see if they are even interested in the house and making an offer.

I do have a busy month of May as far as travel, but looking so forward to it, especially the Austin, TX trip!! I like going to KY too for derby week-end--so much fun!

Old 04-14-2009, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
WAHOOO! Are you all sitting down? We have 3 showings on the little house and a guy interested in MY house! Showing at 5:30 today on little and then tomorrow, the guy on my is on IM with my agent now, sitting and waiting to get scheduled showing for it too. They have been going back in forth for the past 45 min. or so. Not holding breath but still hopeful, can't help but not be. MAYBE just maybe things are turning the corner, my agent said he has scheduled 4 other showings on his listings too, all over 200k houses, all called in today. Campers there may still be hope!

Just talked to Crazyma, she is doing fine, hopes to have a pc for dad tomorrow, be back home in another week. Says HI to all.
YEE HAW!!! That is FANTASTIC NEWS! Keeping everything crossed for you. If I wasn't at work, I'd send some dust to you! Oh well...when I get home the pixie dust will be flying down your way!!

Old 04-14-2009, 01:09 AM

Quote:
The guy stayed at the little house for over an hour. I went to unlock it and he pulled in right behind me so I took him in and gave him the low down. He was 30 mins early, then I went back an hour later to lock up and they were still in the house. He said he really really liked what I had done so maybe he will put in an offer tomorrow, hell he may of been writing one since he stayed so dang long with RE. ???? I thought an hour was bit long to look at a little house when it takes 5 mins to walk threw it.

Well the bad news is I just got a call from my sister and was told my sister in law went in for a yrly exam and her breast cancer returned almost 12 yrs to the day since she first found out. The thing is the exam was on Thurs and they rushed her in the same day for emergency surgery to do a complete removal. But my a*8hole brother won't tell anyone in the family what is going on. He is such a---------. Say a extra prayer for her please.
Over an hour???? That sounds really promising Painter!

What is wrong with your brother?? She will be included in my daily prayers.

Old 04-14-2009, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Gotta love this.

A few pics of us and the grands. Two at the magic house and one at blowing rock today. I have a lot of reading to catch up on and after weds I will I just had to share the fun we had today. I will put another album together in a few days.
I feel out of the loop here at work---can't see any pics on these computers!

Old 04-14-2009, 06:34 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,542 times
Morning all, the t-storms have passed so in abit need to run to town for supplies. The EVIL Mockingbird is now dive bombing me and trying to nest in my ladders. She is getting big so I know she wants to lay eggs but I refuse to be attacked every single day! How do I get her to leave????

Old 04-14-2009, 06:39 AM

40 posts, read 40,778 times
Quote:
You all have some great pups! All dogs are great, even the mean ones, lol.

dogmom, Was hoping to hear you were getting over the cruddies. It seems to be going around here too, I best not get it.

Painter, I'm so sorry. Lots and lots of prayers for you and your sister-in-law. I'll wear my pink ribbon today in her honor. I'll say a prayer for your brother too. He needs to share her progress with all of you so I'll pray he puts his ---------attitude asside and thinks of his wife first. It sounds like she needs your love and support. Send her these prayers from us too!

Also, I hope the showing went well and you finally get that offer you deserve! I think it's your turn!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate