Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2016, 09:36 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,067,462 times

Advertisements

The original recipe calls for stuffing chicken breasts with this filling but I like to slice two meaty breasts in half and then pound them thin and then wrap the breast around the stuffing.

Oven 400- foil lined baking pan or use oven proof pan for all the steps

I marinate my 4 cut pieces in 1 T of EVOO, 1 teaspoon lemon juice with bit of zest, tiny pinches of italian seasoning, S&P, garlic powder and paprika for at least 20 minutes while I prepare the stuffing.

Saute 1/2 finely chopped onion in 2 T EVOO, add 2 garlic cloves run through press and chopped mushrooms. (8 oz package of finely chopped mushrooms -****ake if you have them and only about 3 oz package then), TINY pinch of salt- set aside

Here if you are using whole chicken breasts you can put them in a hot oiled grill pan for just long enough to get grill marks- do not cook through.When they cool you can cut them deep enough to stuff. But since my split breasts are so thin, I don't do this. And any left over stuffing always hides the grill marks anyway.

I then place a slice of provolone cheese, drained sun- dried tomatoes - (optional of course), a few leaves of fresh baby spinach, mushroom mixture , parsley if I have fresh, and roll them up and secure with toothpicks. Sometimes I cook in the oven at 400 till they are done- 8-10 minutes and sometimes I just finish cooking in the pan on the stove top. and sometimes I add a splash of white wine!

Remove toothpicks

I serve over rice and I always make extra mushroom mixture to serve on top.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2016, 11:44 AM

126,269 posts, read 19,039,201 times
kudzu thank you for the recipe I am going to make this.It sounds delicious and it is something my gang will eat.

Old 03-10-2016, 12:03 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
The original recipe calls for stuffing chicken breasts with this filling but I like to slice two meaty breasts in half and then pound them thin and then wrap the breast around the stuffing.

Oven 400- foil lined baking pan or use oven proof pan for all the steps

I marinate my 4 cut pieces in 1 T of EVOO, 1 teaspoon lemon juice with bit of zest, tiny pinches of italian seasoning, S&P, garlic powder and paprika for at least 20 minutes while I prepare the stuffing.

Saute 1/2 finely chopped onion in 2 T EVOO, add 2 garlic cloves run through press and chopped mushrooms. (8 oz package of finely chopped mushrooms -****ake if you have them and only about 3 oz package then), TINY pinch of salt- set aside

Here if you are using whole chicken breasts you can put them in a hot oiled grill pan for just long enough to get grill marks- do not cook through.When they cool you can cut them deep enough to stuff. But since my split breasts are so thin, I don't do this. And any left over stuffing always hides the grill marks anyway.

I then place a slice of provolone cheese, drained sun- dried tomatoes - (optional of course), a few leaves of fresh baby spinach, mushroom mixture , parsley if I have fresh, and roll them up and secure with toothpicks. Sometimes I cook in the oven at 400 till they are done- 8-10 minutes and sometimes I just finish cooking in the pan on the stove top. and sometimes I add a splash of white wine!

Remove toothpicks

I serve over rice and I always make extra mushroom mixture to serve on top.
sounds and just what I am looking for right now. I was just told by the doctor this morning to start watching the carbs and she didn't mean watch them go into my mouth I am sure.

Old 03-10-2016, 01:25 PM

4,384 posts, read 4,385,101 times
That sounds like a really good recipe. Thanks for sharing. Served over rice with a little broccoli or asparagus on the side and a very healthy meal indeed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes