Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2010, 04:08 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,929,654 times

Advertisements

Doing all the wifey things made me laugh a little...will explain.

Some many yrs back my son lived in an apt with his wife and three daughters.

In the overhead apt upstairs was a couple (Gay) men and the one male was always heard complaining about doing nothing but housework all day...doing the laundry and the cooking chores...never going out to do or see anything different...just inside all day.

Does this sound a little familiar?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 04:08 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Why would I go to all that trouble when I could just eat it straight? There's nothing beautiful about cooking to me.
Its not the instant kind....They're the whole oats from the Organic section. I just shove them in a microwave with a little water, and if it comes out a little stiff I dont care. I'll eat it.

And Im not a combiner, I dont like things all mixed together, nor do I like alot of spices. I want to taste everything as it is without meddling if it is simply me feeding me. Someone else makes it, OK, whatever they want I'll go along with.

I dont even know what a kasha is...I was referring to Kashi cereal.

My guy knows if something is cooked he's going to have to do it. And if he doesnt feel like cooking, thats fine too. No biggie to me. I'll do other things...minus picking up his clothes (my grandma warned me about that she said do it once and they'll start expecting it...and she is right!) and getting those nasty beard shavings out of the sink.
That's alright girl, you don't have to convince me. You eat the way you like, it's not up to me to judge. After all, I have no plans on marrying you.

Kasha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-18-2010, 04:09 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Colddiamond,

how do you get warm cookies? Put them in the microwave too?

I'm a bad cook, but luckily I have no taste buds.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:32 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,031,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Colddiamond,

how do you get warm cookies? Put them in the microwave too?

I'm a bad cook, but luckily I have no taste buds.
I'll get the pre made dough and eat cookie dough instead if I feel like being a fat kid for the day. I like it better anyway.

OR

Step one: Go to local bakery up the street

Step Two: Buy cookies from baker.

Step three: Go home, stick cookies in microwave if they arent still warm from baker's oven.

Those cookies are awesome, but expensive, which prevents me from buying and eating alot of them, thereby keeping them a treat.

I do have taste buds, and do appreciate good food...but my own attempts at cooking have made myself and others sick. Perhaps 'cause there's no "love" put into that food?
Max's mama: Let me guess, you like to entertain too? Im guessing that because most people I meet that like cooking also like entertaining people at home.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Max's mama: Let me guess, you like to entertain too? Im guessing that because most people I meet that like cooking also like entertaining people at home.
You got me. I don't particulary love cooking that much, but it's the end result that I enjoy.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:41 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
You know I was just thinking that maybe the differences we're seeing in responses here are a reflection on where we are in life.

For example if you have children, you're into the whole nesting and establishing a family, whereas women like myself with grown kids, value our independence and have grown past that.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:42 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,952 times
Default I do not do those house wife things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
I sadly heard a beautiful gal at church today say she is getting divorced.
"He expects me to cook and clean and do those wife things" I thought how sad, I just kept quiet because I really was astounded.
What do you think?
" I do not do those house wife things."

Not any more!

Old 08-18-2010, 05:01 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,031,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
You got me. I don't particulary love cooking that much, but it's the end result that I enjoy.
Aha!

I am the opposite. I dont enjoy other people in my house. OUTSIDE, on a patio or something, fine. But in my house? Nope.Drives me nuts. Im a private person when it comes to my home, and if I havent known you for *yeeeaarrs*, you're not coming in without me giving a little twitch on the inside.

It will be something I do out of obligation and making my husband happy...but in truth I'll always be happier when they leave.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Aha!

I am the opposite. I dont enjoy other people in my house. OUTSIDE, on a patio or something, fine. But in my house? Nope.Drives me nuts. Im a private person when it comes to my home, and if I havent known you for *yeeeaarrs*, you're not coming in without me giving a little twitch on the inside.

It will be something I do out of obligation and making my husband happy...but in truth I'll always be happier when they leave.
I think everyone is different. There is nothing wrong with wanting to be alone in your house without bunch of people you don't care about roaming your home. I feel this way too sometimes.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:19 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,115,073 times
Just wanted to say, I am a self-avowed feminist, who happens to wear aprons, bake pies and bread, cook from scratch, garden and clean the house, ....and KICK ASS on my mountain bike.

Why burn bras? I consider the sports-bra to be one of the finest inventions, ever. Right along-side washing machines, OB, and the Pill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships