Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 12:46 PM

154 posts, read 504,105 times

Advertisements

Ok. Thanks everyone. Lots of good advice and lots to think about. Take care of yourselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 12:48 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,838,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAChick View Post
Wow. Did you read what I posted to you. That wasn't aimed at you. I quote LoveMountains. That was posted to her.

I sent you a post and quoted your post. I'm sorry you misunderstood me.
Thanks for the clarification.

I know you feel judged here. But I think a lot of us are coming from experience. Been there -done that- seen that- regret that klind of experience.

Quote:
I am worried that if I stop talking to him, I will lose him.....

But I know him and he will think that I abandoned him if I say I want to work on myself for awhile and not deal with him right now. .

NOVA, this is what people are trying to get you to see. You are putting your attention and concern on some new guy. Not where your attention needs to be- on your kids and yourself.

Who give a rat's a** if this guy gets bent because you work on yourself. Really? What is more important? Paying attention your kids needs and yourself or the feelings of a guy you met a month ago.

Ask yourself that, then ask yourself again, until it sinks in.

I am sorry to say this but the ones who will feel the most abandned in this is your kids. They are greivng a divorce and your head is not with them mentally. Its wrapped up in a new man.

Old 10-07-2010, 12:56 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
LOL. All this typing comes in handy for my career and my MBA. I'm on my third degree, plus I write novels, poetry and music so I'm used to it.

I thought about that. It may be a game for them even though he claims they aren't sleeping together anymore....guess time will tell.

My priorities are A-Ok!
Only insecure people feel the need to brag about their educational accomplishments

I would never discuss my educational background on this forum. Not to mention, it's off topic and has nothing to do with your ability to make good choices.

Unless and until your children and their emotional health and security are your #1 priority (which they can't be if you are busy with a new man) your priorities are NOT A-ok.

Old 10-07-2010, 12:57 PM

677 posts, read 1,538,830 times
Quote:
Ok. Thanks everyone. Lots of good advice and lots to think about. Take care of yourselves.

Take care of yourself.

~l~

Old 10-07-2010, 01:00 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,808 times
Quote:
You're right. I will try to remember that. A lot of the guys here that are in my preferred age range are married and trying to cheat on their wives with me and my single friends and family members. No thanks. But I feel you.
Sounds like you didn't have your list of things, when you met this guy.

My list:
Are you married
Do you live with someone
Do you have any children
If so, how many moms
Are you a single parent
Are you on the "DL"

A yes to any one of these items is a no date.

Nova, it sounds like your "lady part" has gotten in the way. Pull up. This dude isn't worth the trouble.

If you like peotry, then go to "Busboys and Poets". It's always some handsome men there.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:03 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
ADVICE ABOUT YOUR LOVE LIFE???

Good grief - the sad thing is you actually think you have a right to a love life when your divorce isn't even final

You are living a fools dream and will ruin your kids in the process - hope you can live with THAT once the damage is done and you reap what you sow.

You said in your first post, "be completely honest, I want the best advice"

Apparently you really didn't mean that.
I agree. Your "love life" is inextricably linked to the other things in your life, like the kids.

This is a disaster in the making.

Try being alone for a while, just you and the kids. Try and understand why you do the things you do that cause havoc and chaos in your life. Get to know yourself without a man around to muck it up - a man with a load of baggage to boot.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:12 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
And I'm sure you'll still be on here...waiting. If you are, I'll try to remember to come back from my busy life and do that for you.

Have a nice life!
How snarky is this - after coming on here and writing a tome that people must muddy through to give you good advice, which you clearly won't take.

We've seen this picture before, it is easy to spot, the red flags are waving.

I can safely predict what the outcome will be in 4, 6 8 months.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:44 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,798 times
I didn't read the thread but the fact that you have sons and are going to a "club" says enough for me.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:52 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,428,627 times
Go on Jerry Springer.

Old 10-10-2010, 01:18 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
You're in the middle of a divorce.

You met J.

You fell in love with J.

You've fought with J.

You've cried over J.

Now you're sick of J but still have feelings for him.

ALL IN THE SPAN OF ONE MONTH?

Honey, that's not love. That's hormones, drama, and booze.

Do yourself and your kids a favor and take care of your divorce first, take time to heal, and then slowly dip your toes in the water with dating--at least a year from now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships