Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 04:58 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,718,901 times

Advertisements

Do you think that is off limits or that you should say anything?

I'm in a sticky situation where looking for work that pays enough in a small town is not working out. So I have had plans on moving. Chance meeting of someone I used to know years ago turned into dating. This just happened to be someone who is a friend of a sibling for years. This sibling also suggested we talk because we both were being hermits. This person was a lot younger when we were friends (jailbait) and I always had a boyfriend so nothing happened but I was told a crush existed.

Things happened a lot faster than we both expected and both have experience in life, relationships etc. I personally assumed I would be doing a lot of working me time and being alone. But it turned out not to be. Part of me worries that its too fast and another part just enjoys that its working out perfectly. I haven't told the sibling yet or family because they will probably ruin my mood with judgement that its too soon. All of them have not had the best success with romantic relationships though. I just don't want to hear it but I don't want to lie because we are moving in together. How do you even break that to someone? I don't want to induce a heart attack or get called names.

Right now I am staying with my parents and helping them out with things as I looked for better work and rentals in the area. That is not working out and I am far too old to be living at home like I belong here.

The relationship having a years long casual friend foundation makes me slightly more comfortable with it all. He wants to get married and tell my sibling about all of it. They are still good friends but I told him not to say anything right away because I did not want to upset my parents. They are very old and not too healthy. He does not have a pattern of this with women. He has had years long relationships and causal ones. So I do take it more seriously. Its just so fast. But then you always hear those stories where people just know from the first conversation its going to work out.

What would you do? Who do you think should say something to the sibling?
Both the sibling and I help out with the parents and I worry me leaving will also make him resent me a bit. But I don't want to turn into an old maid that withered away caring for parents either. The sibling is a couple years younger and a guy so I do figure he has a better chance at not becoming a single alone guy forever.
I've pretty much decided that I am just going to go for it as you only live once and there are more opportunities in the area I will be going to beyond the relationship. I am just trying to figure out the way to go about presenting it and making sure my sibling does not feel dumped on,creeped out or angry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVERV7HfLMc

Old 11-29-2010, 05:32 AM

Male and younger. I dated one of his friends before and he hated it but we were much younger.

Sorry your brother had that reaction but it does make for a funny story since you did not actually die. I wonder if he will ever get over it. LOL!

Old 11-29-2010, 05:33 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,643,561 times
I need numbers here, How old are you, and how old is he?

Jonathan

Old 11-29-2010, 05:39 AM

me 33 he 27(almost 28) bro 30

Old 11-29-2010, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
me 33 he 27(almost 28) bro 30
You have my blessings!
everyone here is adult enough to handle the situation

Jonathan

Old 11-29-2010, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Actually, it's not funny at all. And, NO, he will never get over it and what he did was absolutely sickening. Even my mother made excuses for him and it's quite a comfort to know that no one gave a crap whether I died or not. The whole thing is still disturbing.
Maybe he thought you were being dramatic? Its funny in the sense that it sounds like something that would be in a movie. And you lived. I have a dark sense of humor. I mean..did he really think you were going to die?

Old 11-29-2010, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
You have my blessings!
everyone here is adult enough to handle the situation

Jonathan
Thanks J!
We shall see. Life can turn "men" into little boys sometimes.

Old 11-29-2010, 05:46 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,203,176 times
Quote:
Maybe he thought you were being dramatic? Its funny in the sense that it sounds like something that would be in a movie. And you lived. I have a dark sense of humor. I mean..did he really think you were going to die?
Does it matter. I was scared to death and he knew it. I had been ill off and on for a while. I just couldn't fathom leaving someone like that in distress and yes you could tell there was something extremely wrong. I have a very strong sense of humor, believe me and there was nothing and is nothing humerous about any of it.

I regret even sharing that experience with you.

Old 11-29-2010, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Thanks J!
We shall see. Life can turn "men" into little boys sometimes.
ESP when there is a girl in the picture!

Jonathan

Old 11-29-2010, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Does it matter. I was scared to death and he knew it. I had been ill off and on for a while. I just couldn't fathom leaving someone like that in distress and yes you could tell there was something extremely wrong. I have a very strong sense of humor, believe me and there was nothing and is nothing humerous about any of it.

I regret even sharing that experience with you.

Ok. But if you say things like that (bolded) all the time it could be what would make someone assume you were being dramatic. Just sayin'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships