Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 02:02 PM

635 posts, read 1,704,918 times

Advertisements

I bet you if it was a guy, he will be all over on him throwing conversations...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 07:22 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,473,258 times
I can relate to the OP. Sometimes you just don't want to risk messing something up. The OP is lucky enough that she's into him. But maybe he's afraid he'll say or do something that will turn her off.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:47 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Nothing risked, nothing gained.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:49 PM

It's not always better to have loved and lost. Sometimes it's better to never love at all.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:23 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,539 times
DO SOMETHING.

nobody here can give u courage.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:25 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz0id View Post
She's been trying to get my attention since September so I doubt it. Her signals are getting stronger too from the subtle glance every now and then to actually walking right in front of me (or behind me) and hitting my chair.
seriously. what are you scared of?

i kind of don't think you'll get rejected... u r probably afraid to put yourself out there. YOU are the one afraid of getting hurt and afraid of getting emotionally intimate in the real world (as opposed to your day dreams)

wake the eff up!

Old 01-13-2011, 06:49 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
It's not always better to have loved and lost. Sometimes it's better to never love at all.
I couldn't disagree more. Sitting there like a lump of skin experiencing nothing life has to offer because of the risk of rejection or failure is the ultimate waste of life.

Old 01-13-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I couldn't disagree more. Sitting there like a lump of skin experiencing nothing life has to offer because of the risk of rejection or failure is the ultimate waste of life.
My past life experiences contribute to my fear of rejection. Not many girls are into me (that I know of). The last thing I need is for someone to confirm that they're not into me.

Old 01-13-2011, 10:53 AM

90 posts, read 294,304 times
Quote:
My past life experiences contribute to my fear of rejection. Not many girls are into me (that I know of). The last thing I need is for someone to confirm that they're not into me.
Whine whine whine. Oh look, I'm another young person who had absolutely zero dating luck in high school. No one ever had a crush on me. Hell, my date to the prom dumped me to go with a friend. And I was pretty miserable about it, but I didn't let it define me. I still had lots of friends and was a cool person with lots of hobbies and interests.

And then I went to college. And the dating scene at the college I went to? Either immediate long-term relationships or random hook ups. So not a lot of dating luck there either. But you know what? I went out, made friends, pursued my interests, met some nice people, and had a good time. Met a guy or two along the way, even, though I never ended up in a serious relationship.

And here I am, just out of college, still without a serious relationship under my belt (and hey, I was the one who got dumped in the single short-term relationship I had). But you know what I'm doing now? I'm going out with friends, pursuing my interests, working, having fun, flirting with guys even though it generally leads to nothing, and just generally enjoying being young. I figure that's the most attractive attitude I could have- I certainly won't have any more luck attracting guys by moping about how they're not into me. Seriously, man. You're 19. I know how it feels to feel ignored by the opposite sex, but you're not going to improve matters by whining about it. Just get out there, enjoy life, focus on what makes you happy. There are other satisfying things in life than being in a relationship. It'll happen when it will happen... And just chill and enjoy yourself till then.

Old 01-13-2011, 10:57 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,989,156 times
Quote:
I understand what you are feeling. I have never been loved by or in a relationship with a woman. It hurts and brings me down. At the same time, sitting here aged 29, I wish I had taken more chances when I was younger. I let one or two moments define me. Wish I could go back and change that. Trust me, it will only get harder. Now I must work to eat and provide shelter for myself. My odds of meeting someone now are so slim. Most of that is my fault. You can't force yourself upon girls and make them like you but you can give it an honest shot. Live it up while you can. You will regret it later if you do not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships