Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 12:51 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,838,249 times

Advertisements

We were at the mall Saturday and my SO said he got me something, and I'm going to be very happy. I feel bad, I have not been able to think of anything for him yet. I could use some help and ideas.

He loves music and loves to organize his music. He has over 50,000 songs, he has downloaded and catagorized them all on iTunes on the PC. Is there something better? Other than music I am stuck, I feel like I have writers block in the gift giving area. I don't typically spend a lot, I'd rather do something personal or meaningful, but seriously I'm lost this year!

What is everyone else doing, if anything, for their SOs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 12:53 PM

380 posts, read 795,482 times
Really really good tickets (seats) to an Orioles v. Yankees game. Hes a huge orioles fan *pat myself on the back*

Old 12-13-2010, 12:54 PM

4,677 posts, read 2,060,707 times
My so is a carpenter so he is getting a new impact driver and also a new leather jacket.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:56 PM

6,556 posts, read 8,386,233 times
Get him to go shopping with you again and take notice of things he looks at, says "i'd like to have one of those' or 'these are pretty neat'.

I find the closer we get to Christmas the more things my hubby "likes".

Old 12-13-2010, 12:57 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,688,647 times
We work out in our basement and like to listen to music while we do so. My husband wired some speakers down there to play off the stereo in the living room, but if the kids are using the television we can't have music. He has been complaining about that, so I got him a wireless stereo speaker that goes with our phones. He just has to open Pandora on his phone and it'll play on the speaker. It has really nice sound (at least to my ears), and it can also be used for conference calls or as a speaker phone. Both of us work from home at times, so it will be useful.

That's his main present, plus I got some other odds and ends.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:00 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,838,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
We work out in our basement and like to listen to music while we do so. My husband wired some speakers down there to play off the stereo in the living room, but if the kids are using the television we can't have music. He has been complaining about that, so I got him a wireless stereo speaker that goes with our phones. He just has to open Pandora on his phone and it'll play on the speaker. It has really nice sound (at least to my ears), and it can also be used for conference calls or as a speaker phone. Both of us work from home at times, so it will be useful.

That's his main present, plus I got some other odds and ends.
Nice idea!
We do enjoy bike riding a lot. And he loves to listen to his iPod while riding. Maybe there is someway I can improve, upgrade his iPod and get one made more for sports/activity.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:09 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,776,075 times
Would he like an upgrade on his ear buds for his ipod? I'm upgrading mine to a pair of Klipsch, great sound and they stay put unlike the ones that come with the ipod and keep slipping out of my ears. Best Buy carries them.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:36 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,525,042 times
No, I'm not getting anything for my GF on Christmas and she doesn't want to give me anything either. If one of us has a great gift idea, fine, but it has nothing to do with Christmas. We give each others gifts all year long. We don't have to wait for Christmas, which we don't really like.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:42 PM

4,489 posts, read 10,943,609 times
I bought him a Raven's hoodie, some dress clothes for work, and the "Ultimate Bacon Lover's Gift Pack" hahaha. I also have a book for him on sports science that I think he'll love. Plus a bunch of random stocking stuffers--cheap blu rays and dvds from black Friday, favorite candy, etc.

He gave me permission to have family photos taken as my gift. We got dressed up and took our dog down to the park and had a photographer photograph us. They turned out great and I'm excited to hang 'em up.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:06 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,231,333 times
So far, my DH is getting the usual...underwear, socks, a couple pair of shorts & 3 hawaiian shirts. He won't buy clothes for himself, so I re-stock his wardrobe at Christmas.

For goodies, he's getting an assortment of tablet sized candy bars, and a box of See's. Our daughter bought him some car seat covers and a car wash kit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships