Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 09:48 AM

95 posts, read 228,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john-ever-learning View Post
Also, I see women like dominant men who are sensitive. Am I wrong in this generalization?
100% correct when it comes to me personally. I know other women are much more dominant than I am, but I quite like my sensitive alpha male.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 09:51 AM

471 posts, read 1,042,861 times
Is this the Beauty and the Beast thing where women want an agressive tough man but deep down he's really a sweet guy? If so, what is it about the myster and danger and sweetness combination that draws women in to those types of men?

Old 01-06-2011, 09:53 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
I find this very fascinating. while men are comparing, pretty-sexy-cute, women are talking deeper. It seems women don't put too much stock into looks or am I wrong ladies? Do women have to be physcially attracted to a man before she can be emotionally attracted?
We do put stock into looks, but their importance can be easily overwritten in practice if other qualities fit the bill. Most women won't go for a model-looking self-absorbed jerk, I believe. It’s not like I’m gonna throw somebody out because he’s 5’8”, or he has a different color hair, or a bit of a tummy, or BS like that… Nothing’s set in stone. You just get an overall feeling and decide on a case-to-case basis.

Quote:
Also, I see women like dominant men who are sensitive. Am I wrong in this generalization?
I don't think so. The question is - does that animal exist?

Old 01-06-2011, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Is this the Beauty and the Beast thing where women want an agressive tough man but deep down he's really a sweet guy? If so, what is it about the myster and danger and sweetness combination that draws women in to those types of men?
Pretty much... Usually these qualities can't be reconciled in one person, though; hence, the constant babble here about the bad/nice guys.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:57 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
I want a cross between 3 and 4.. If I could find an auto mechanic with a love for old cars who also happens to have a degree in astrophysics and makes Dungeons and Dragons jokes I'd be in heaven

Old 01-06-2011, 10:07 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,724 times
Quote:
I prefer to use the word compassionate.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:19 AM

471 posts, read 1,042,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Pretty much... Usually these qualities can't be reconciled in one person, though; hence, the constant babble here about the bad/nice guys.
Sierra what I find amusing is I believe a guy can be tough, mysterious and compassionate without being a complete douche. I believe it's the guys who lable themselves as "nice" are too afraid to let themselves go to the point of being tough and mysterious.

I just don't understand some guy's unwillingness to be assertive. I'm not staying they have to slap women around, that would be foolish, wrong and is against the law. However, having an opinion and stating it isn't what I consider treating women badly.

I feel assertive and at the same time vunerable men do exist in great quantity. Yet, it seems to me the self proclaimed nice guy is trying to pain assertive guy in a negative light. Now I chuckle at this because I've never met a woman who likes a guy who does his best to point out the flaws of others while not talking about what makes himself great.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:27 AM

627 posts, read 1,296,095 times
Then there's the Gentleman Warrior...

Old 01-06-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Sierra what I find amusing is I believe a guy can be tough, mysterious and compassionate without being a complete douche.
I hope you're right, but they're more the exception than the rule, that's for sure.

Quote:
I believe it's the guys who lable themselves as "nice" are too afraid to let themselves go to the point of being tough and mysterious.
There’s nothing to let go… While they may not be bad looking necessarily and they may have good qualities that could potentially make them a dependable and loving partner, they’re normally boring, lack charisma, assertiveness, decisiveness, playfulness, flirtatiousness, which kills the initial attraction. There’s nothing “manly” about them. Their problem is not being able to get their foot in the door. You feel like you’re spending time with your brother or your buddy. They’re the ones who would ask “may I kiss you?” You don’t ask; you kiss when the time is right and after you’re confident the woman wants it. And she WILL want it if you play your cards right. You don’t wait for a woman to ask you out. You don’t wait for a woman to pay for a first date (seems like many of them are petty). You lead the way; you know where you’re going; you have other options in mind should the initial one doesn’t work out; you make her feel like she’s a lady out with a gentleman she can leave everything up to, relax, and enjoy herself. Feeling good about another person is based on feeling good about yourself in the presence of this person. These are just basic attraction killers that so many don’t seem to comprehend in this country. It does take experience to get there, which is the reason the players do way better.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:07 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,390,974 times
None of the above. The categories are ridiculous. There are millions of men who don't fall into any of those neat little descriptions (thank God). Where would James Dean fit? And don't say "pretty boy," since he dressed like a scuzz all the time in his private life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships