Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 12:46 AM

733 posts, read 1,757,433 times

Advertisements

Have you ever done it? Or, have you ever found someone you liked who was in a relationship, so you tried to steal them from their bf/gf?

I have had it done to me once that I know of. I was dating a girl and she decided that she liked someone different, so she told me she wasn't ready for a relationship, then the day after, she started dating someone different. It sucked. BUT, on the otherhand, I have come across many great girls who I would have loved to be with. The only problem is that they had a bf already. As much as I would have loved to date them, I just couldn't try to get them to leave their bf because I know how it feels to be the bf.

Have you ever been in any of those situations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2011, 01:01 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,194,590 times
Been there done that......oh well. It happens. A gal did that to me years ago.

It sucks but that's the nature of dealing with people. You never know what people are thinking.

Old 10-22-2011, 01:55 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,087,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkern1989 View Post
Have you ever done it? Or, have you ever found someone you liked who was in a relationship, so you tried to steal them?
Yes and yes.

Old 10-22-2011, 03:40 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,384,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkern1989 View Post
I was dating a girl and she decided that she liked someone different, so she told me she wasn't ready for a relationship, then the day after, she started dating someone different.
Would you really want her to stay with you, if she like someone else better?

Honestly, that's just part of dating. You go out, and see if you like each other enough to continue - and sometimes you figure out it's not going to work after one date, and other times it takes months or years to figure it out.

Old 10-22-2011, 06:11 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,085,984 times
I will never understand why someone would settle for something less just to do the right thing for the other person involved. That makes absolutely no sense to me.

If someone stayed with me out of pity or duty? No thanks...please just move on. I never want to be someone elses burden.

Old 10-22-2011, 06:33 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,747,591 times
Surely the majority of relationships which founder do so because one of the parties finds someone he or she likes better? And it's hardly unusual to secretly lust after someone who's already "taken". All part of the merry game!

Old 10-22-2011, 06:37 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,814,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Surely the majority of relationships which founder do so because one of the parties finds someone he or she likes better? And it's hardly unusual to secretly lust after someone who's already "taken". All part of the merry game!
Merry game would be better than the marry game, if you're into trading up or for a newer model.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:26 AM

3,631 posts, read 10,241,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
Would you really want her to stay with you, if she like someone else better?

Honestly, that's just part of dating. You go out, and see if you like each other enough to continue - and sometimes you figure out it's not going to work after one date, and other times it takes months or years to figure it out.

Yep. And if everyone's honest and with each other it's not a problem. When it gets bad when someone isn't in the loop about what's going on...

Old 10-22-2011, 07:35 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,444,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
Yep. And if everyone's honest and with each other it's not a problem. When it gets bad when someone isn't in the loop about what's going on...
Totally agree.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:38 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,479,158 times
Normally, this could only happen if I were casually dating, in which case I might find someone I liked better than someone else I'd been casually dating before. So yes, I've found someone more compatible that way. I would not try to "steal" someone away, but if they weren't commited, and wanted to date me, that would be okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships