Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 08:57 AM

3,562 posts, read 4,396,439 times

Advertisements

After the X-mas "gifting" day, Valentines's day has to be a close second as far as consumer charades go. This is yet another one of those days in which people are obliged to engage in more senseless buying of "things" which (somehow) prove your love, commitment and interest in another person.

I of course, will do as every other sch-muck out there. I will get her flowers, and maybe take her dinning somewhere. For should I not, I will be guilty of not demostrating love, commitment, nor interest in my significant other. Of course, my daily demonstrations of love and affection are totally meaningless. What does matter is that I buy flowers, chocolates, and take her to an overpriced restaurant during peak capacity hours. Makes perfect sense!

Ladies, is there anything else that a guy could do which does not include chocolates, flowers, or overpriced restaurants? Is there anything else that says "I love you" outside of those three elements?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 09:01 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,198,193 times
I'm not a woman, but have you tried perhaps making her a gift yourself instead of buying one? They usually seem to appreciate that a lot.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:01 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Oh Jesus, another one. Can we just lump all the "I hate Valentine's Day" threads into one?

Chacho, is your wife really that mercenary? Will she really think you don't love her or are not committed to her if you don't do anything? I haven't celebrated the day in years.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:05 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,092,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
After the X-mas "gifting" day, Valentines's day has to be a close second as far as consumer charades go. This is yet another one of those days in which people are obliged to engage in more senseless buying of "things" which (somehow) prove your love, commitment and interest in another person.

I of course, will do as every other sch-muck out there. I will get her flowers, and maybe take her dinning somewhere. For should I not, I will be guilty of not demostrating love, commitment, nor interest in my significant other. Of course, my daily demonstrations of love and affection are totally meaningless. What does matter is that I buy flowers, chocolates, and take her to an overpriced restaurant during peak capacity hours. Makes perfect sense!

Ladies, is there anything else that a guy could do which does not include chocolates, flowers, or overpriced restaurants? Is there anything else that says "I love you" outside of those three elements?

Yes...I love to cook, I love cookbooks, So instead of getting chocolates or flowers where they wont last, I told my boyfriend I would rather have a cookbook..and they sell them at the 2nd handstore..it dont have to be brand new..My daughters boyfriend got her a fishing pole last year she loved it

Old 02-10-2011, 09:06 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Write her a heartfelt note in her V-day card. That's all I ever REALLY want from my husband. I love reading what he writes in those cards.

I'm not a huge fan of being sent fresh flowers. They are expensive, cliche' and they die. My husband will send them every so often though and I noticed that he clicked the 1-800 flowers link in his e-mail...I'm sure he's given it some thought but what I'd really like is a card.

Actually, I love nice panties too so if he got me a pretty pair that would be awesome...even better if he was crafty and folded them up to look like a flower and put a stem on them and presented them like a flower or bouquet of flowers. That's probably asking a bit much though...LOL

Old 02-10-2011, 09:08 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
Yes...I love to cook, I love cookbooks, So instead of getting chocolates or flowers where they wont last, I told my boyfriend I would rather have a cookbook..and they sell them at the 2nd handstore..it dont have to be brand new..My daughters boyfriend got her a fishing pole last year she loved it
Oh I second this as well!

I love cookie cutters too...I'm making my husband decorated sugar cookies for V-day. I love making and decorating them so I get to give him something he likes while doing something I love to do.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:13 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,196,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post

buy her skanky lingerie and take her to a dive motel. order chinese take out and have fun...

Old 02-10-2011, 09:15 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,222,089 times
Yes, cook her something at home and write her a from-the-heart love letter. She'll adore it.

I do think having some nice flowers on the table is a nice, thoughtful touch - but it doesn't have to be a $60 bunch of overpriced roses. I'm hoping for some tulips - I just love them and you can buy them from Trader Joes and lots of other convenience stores. I just love them!

Old 02-10-2011, 09:15 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,092,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Write her a heartfelt note in her V-day card. That's all I ever REALLY want from my husband. I love reading what he writes in those cards.

I'm not a huge fan of being sent fresh flowers. They are expensive, cliche' and they die. My husband will send them every so often though and I noticed that he clicked the 1-800 flowers link in his e-mail...I'm sure he's given it some thought but what I'd really like is a card.

Actually, I love nice panties too so if he got me a pretty pair that would be awesome...even better if he was crafty and folded them up to look like a flower and put a stem on them and presented them like a flower or bouquet of flowers. That's probably asking a bit much though...LOL

I love it..

Old 02-10-2011, 09:18 AM

3,562 posts, read 4,396,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post

I love this! I'm sold!

Victoria's Secret. . .here come I!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships