Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 12:02 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,926,647 times

Advertisements

Not good to "fall out of love" while you are dating. If that is what happened, you "should" cut your losses and find someone who can love you. Unless you are at fault for her loss of love and then you should look at yourself and see what you might be able to do to rectify things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 12:03 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,681 times
I think since she feels that she doesn't miss you that she might not love you anymore. She wants a break to see if she still misses you while on break. But since she doesn't miss you now then what's the point of the break? I'd cut it and move on. Don't waste too much time.

And since you're on a break, you do have a right to see others just like she does. She claims that she's not seeing others but she might have a crush on someone and wants to see where it goes.

Don't wait around, just wish her well and move on.

Old 02-12-2011, 12:06 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
I think since she feels that she doesn't miss you that she might not love you anymore. She wants a break to see if she still misses you while on break. But since she doesn't miss you now then what's the point of the break? I'd cut it and move on. Don't waste too much time.

And since you're on a break, you do have a right to see others just like she does. She claims that she's not seeing others but she might have a crush on someone and wants to see where it goes.

Don't wait around, just wish her well and move on.
You're right - and no pleading, no begging! I have a gut feeling she'll be back, provided he doesn't do what I just said.

Old 02-12-2011, 01:17 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,060 times
If you haven't proposed after 3 years, it's over.

Usually by this time she would have another target picked out and would probably start dating again.

Old 02-12-2011, 03:50 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Default Opinions Needed! Dont know what to make of a relationship 'break'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeStorey1987 View Post
Hi there,

Last nite my girlfriend of 3 years told me she wanted to go on a break, this was quite unexpected as we havnt really been arguing or anything, her reason is that she thinks she has fallen out of love with me! does this likely mean that the relationship is totally over or is the time apart just as likely to 'sort out' the problems i didnt even know we had?
Sorry dude, but the relationship is over. Not all relationships end with fighting. Just move one and don't try to revive the romance. The more you try to keep her as a girlfriend, the more she will run away from you.

There's a very tiny chance that she will come back to you, but again, you have to let her make that move all on her own.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:03 PM

3,059 posts, read 8,284,951 times
Default I love you but I'm not IN LOVE with you

If you have gotten that line, it means she has met someone else. Sorry.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:14 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
To me it sounds like you've been dumped in a gentle manner. If she didn't miss you as you saw each other less and less, she will quickly forget about you while you take a break. Sorry, but I think you need to move on with your life. If she reappears, so be it... but I wouldn't count on it if I were you.

Old 02-12-2011, 05:15 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,387 times
move on with your life.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:57 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,729,262 times
Well was she specific in how much of a break she needed? Usually a person is planning to come back if they are willing to specify. If not, then it might be over. Now it's also possible...she's met someone else and she's afraid to tell you, so she's taking the coward's way out.

If you agreed to the break together, start dating, don't wait for her. You can meet someone who will be happy with you. Don't do it to make her jealous. Do it to take care of yourself.

If she wanted marriage and was too "nice" to bring it up, so she's doing this instead, she might be making a mistake. She might be letting a good man slip through her fingers, and why because she won't act like a grownup.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:03 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,211 times
I love these "what are people really saying" threads. Because you get 20 different answers, based on a few sentences of info. Call me a fool but I prefer dot,dot,dot,dot,dot,dot,dot.......ring...ring...he llo? Quick question what EXACTLY does this on a break thing mean? Can I date, are you gonna? We got a time limit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships