Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 01:03 PM

86 posts, read 428,395 times

Advertisements

I am an introverted person, and usually stay introverted when I like a guy. But I guess when I reach a point where I really really like the guy, I come out of my shell a bit and become TOTALLY EXTROVERTED!...

There is a guy I like and his friends told me that he was interested in me (and I am interested in him as well). But whenever I try to talk to him, he is super super introverted. It's like pulling teeth whenever I try talking to him. He gives me all the body and facial gestures of being interested, yet he wont open him mouth up and the thing he is an easy going guy that can easily carry a conversation with other people well.... I always thought when you liked a person, you would do as much as possible to talk and to try and get to know them..guess not?!

So when you like someone do you obtain the opposite characteristic of your personality and become an introvert or extrovert??

Last edited by cheeerioS; 03-06-2011 at 01:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 01:03 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Well, since I'm married, I just tend to stay the hell away from them.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:47 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,620,303 times
Interesting topic.

I don't think I "become" extroverted - it's just that my innate extroversion comes out more than my innate introversion. It's as if I willingly "give up" being my normal introverted self when I'm with someone I like, substituting my more playful out-going personality.

This happened to me just last night at my club. One of our new dancers (she's been here only about a week) was hanging around me a bit and saw how I was interacting with people. She commented that she had only seen the quiet, serious and intense side of me - not the joking / doing voices / improv stuff that I do when I'm relaxed.

And perhaps that's the point - I wasn't really working last night (celebrating my birthday), so I was more relaxed than when I'm watching the floor for bad guys. More relaxed, at least for me, equals more extroverted in a social setting.

Old 03-06-2011, 02:25 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,644,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeerioS View Post
I am an introverted person, and usually stay introverted when I like a guy. But I guess when I reach a point where I really really like the guy, I come out of my shell a bit and become TOTALLY EXTROVERTED!...

There is a guy I like and his friends told me that he was interested in me (and I am interested in him as well). But whenever I try to talk to him, he is super super introverted. It's like pulling teeth whenever I try talking to him. He gives me all the body and facial gestures of being interested, yet he wont open him mouth up and the thing he is an easy going guy that can easily carry a conversation with other people well.... I always thought when you liked a person, you would do as much as possible to talk and to try and get to know them..guess not?!

So when you like someone do you obtain the opposite characteristic of your personality and become an introvert or extrovert??
NO. I don't like women who expect me too either.

Old 03-06-2011, 02:41 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,791,580 times
I'm introverted around people I don't know, male or female. Now that I'm single again, this is a big issue around women I'm attracted to. My fear of rejection makes me even more introverted around them. I hate this. I was happy being married because I didn't have to approach women anymore, but now I'm thrust back into the single world and it absolutely sucks.

Old 03-06-2011, 02:45 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,473,742 times
I'm a extrovert and stay that way because I want someone to know me as "me". I don't want to give off a false impression of myself.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:00 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,560,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeerioS View Post

Sounds like you're confusing introvert with shyness. I'm an introvert and do very well with one on one conversation.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:02 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,791,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Sounds like you're confusing introvert with shyness. I'm an introvert and do very well with one on one conversation.

You know, I may be doing the exact same thing. Someone last week told me they thought I was an extrovert, but had an issue with shyness. I actually am starting to think thats true. I like being around people I know and do fine. Its when I'm around people I don't know that I get quiet and shy.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:49 PM

128 posts, read 208,132 times
I am an introvert who gets shy around strangers. However, my best friend tells me all the time that I talk more than I think I do. But around a guy I like, I have to make an extra effort to allow the outgoing side of me to be seen.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:57 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,398,602 times
I am an introvert, but I don't know if I become more of an extrovert jus because I like someone. I know I express myself more when I'm around the people I love and like. Same difference? IDK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships