Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2011, 10:33 PM

34 posts, read 61,214 times

Advertisements

with your significant other? Issues you have with their behavior, attitude, etc.

I've never enjoyed talking about feelings (not to mention I don't want to perceived as too sensitive about the issues that bother me), so instead I end up breaking up with girls over things without attempting to resolve/discuss them.

Probably gone through half a dozen relationships like this, figured it's probably not an optimal approach
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 10:51 PM

754 posts, read 1,449,186 times
You don't have to be emotional to address issues, just say what's on your mind. If something is bothering you just say it, you can't go through life running away from issues with women because you don't want to appear weak. If you don't tell your gf that you don't like something she's doing, how is she supposed to know? How would you feel if you were dating someone and you thought everything was going well and then out of the blue they dump you. You would be shocked, upset, hurt and constantly wondering why. So don't do that to someone else.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:53 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,995,635 times
You just tell them what's bothering you. That's it. It's not rocket science! IMO, it's pretty cowardly that you can't talk to your partners about your feelings. How would these girls know what's bothering you about them if you don't tell them? People aren't mind readers, ya know. There's nothing wrong about expressing your opinion on something, especially if its on something that can be resolved.

My recent ex was exactly like this and this is my motto: "If you're mature enough to have sex, then you're mature enough to talk about your feelings." In my eyes, he will always be a coward for taking the easy way out. No question about that.

Don't be a coward. Be a man.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:02 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkisixx View Post
with your significant other? Issues you have with their behavior, attitude, etc.

I've never enjoyed talking about feelings (not to mention I don't want to perceived as too sensitive about the issues that bother me), so instead I end up breaking up with girls over things without attempting to resolve/discuss them.

Probably gone through half a dozen relationships like this, figured it's probably not an optimal approach
Talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk, and then talk.

And talk some more.

Communication is critical to a successful relationship.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:19 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkisixx View Post

You're going to have to grow up and become mature on talking your feelings out. Really communication is the key to successful relationships.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:36 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,927,776 times
solution: talk more about ur feelings, communicate.

Your "weak" problem is just an insecure macho thing. a confident man has no problem talking about his feelings. Hows a marriage/relationship supposed to work without that? or does a real man always end up alone/divorced?

Old 03-07-2011, 07:57 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
What is with some women that every time a guy doesn't meet their expectations, it's always a reflection on his "manliness"?! Talk about "ball busting" and "emasculating"... geez, no wonder some guys are reluctant to bring up "touchy" stuff!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships