Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2011, 08:35 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,715,382 times

Advertisements

This is a reaction I get from men that I am not sure quite how to take:

In person I am rather quiet and give short answers etc.
People assume I am in my early 20s although I am almost in my mid thirties. When a male finds out that my age is in my 30s they act more interested in me in a non-platonic way. Older and younger males.

So why is it I am not interesting if I was 22...but 33 is interesting?

You would think it would be the reverse. Have any of you other baby faced people out there get this reaction? (male and female?) I feel like I am on another planet.

Have you had this type of change with income confessions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 09:00 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,400,520 times
You're not alone. I'm 21 and people think I'm 18 or younger. Not so much of a age difference but people treat me like I'm a kid becuase I'm short as well. I visited a friend in California, and her friends thought I was 18. Didn't believe me so I had to show my ID to them. They were very, er, shock.

Not so much from guys since they probably won't give me a chance.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:06 AM

1,206 posts, read 2,928,309 times
i think many women would love to have your "problem" haha. I think its just the "older woman/cougar" trend going around currently. They probably feel older women are better in bed and play less games as well as less clingy.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:21 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,628,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
...People assume I am in my early 20s although I am almost in my mid thirties. When a male finds out that my age is in my 30s they act more interested in me in a non-platonic way. Older and younger males.

If you're physically attractive, it might be triggering that male button that looks at lasting physical appearance as a worthy mating point. In other words, if you've been gifted with good genes, the guys will sniff this out and swarm you.

Perhaps the older guys see you as intriguing because you look like jail-bait but have the poise and confidence of an older woman; the younger guys because of the simple thrill of hooking up with an older woman.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:59 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,494,617 times
Quote:

People assume I am in my early 20s although I am almost in my mid thirties. When a male finds out that my age is in my 30s they act more interested in me in a non-platonic way. Older and younger males.

You would think it would be the reverse. Have any of you other baby faced people out there get this reaction? (male and female?) I feel like I am on another planet.

I have possibly had this type of experience. Youthful appearance and style--resulting in an appalling lack of interest for whatever reasons, has been my primary experience.

It seems to depend on where you place yourself and your goals/focus du jour.

Beyond that I really don't know.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:05 AM

31,081 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:

I'm close to 40 and would find it hard to be interested in someone whos in their 20s. Someone here said that your early 20s are an extension of your teens, where you are just finding out who you are!

Look like your 20's but the maturity of a 30 something-Congrats
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships