Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 11:15 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,332,396 times

Advertisements

Hey guys is it true men always want to or think about nailing their female buddies I am talking about the friends without benefits
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2011, 11:18 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,476,314 times
Always? No, definitely not. With the ones who are attractive, the thought may idly cross my mind now and then, but it's not something I'd act on. (I assume that you are referring to sex, and not carpentry?)

Old 03-25-2011, 11:20 AM

513 posts, read 897,846 times
we may not always think about it, but certainly if we are not in a relationship and the opportunity arises(say 2AM after a night of drinking) most would do it.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:21 AM

I have guys who are just my friend. I don't think they are sexually attracted to me and I am not sexually interested either. I happen to be watching Billy Crystal in "When Harry met Sally" and he said friendship between men and women are impossible especially if a guy finds the girl attractive. Even if they are just friends the guy is thinking about nailing her. Sally (Meg Ryan) asks then is it possible to be friends if the guy does not find u attractive. Harry (Billy Crystal) says no guys pretty much think or want to nail them too. I got to wondering if that is true in real life??? Ladies and gentlemen please tell me what u think)

Old 03-25-2011, 11:25 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,988,406 times
If I'm friends with a woman, then I definitely have no interest in nailing, and that's exactly why I have only one legit female buddy.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Always? No, definitely not. With the ones who are attractive, the thought may idly cross my mind now and then, but it's not something I'd act on. (I assume that you are referring to sex, and not carpentry?)
Definitely sex and not a carpenter's task? So if the female who is ur good friend is not attractive u would not even consider fantasizing about sexually? And u would not go so far as to nail ur attractive friend even if the opportunity presented it self?

Old 03-25-2011, 11:40 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,476,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Definitely sex and not a carpenter's task? So if the female who is ur good friend is not attractive u would not even consider fantasizing about sexually? And u would not go so far as to nail ur attractive friend even if the opportunity presented it self?
As I said, occasionally I would think about it if I'd normally be attracted. If not attractive, then no, I wouldn't even fantasize about it as it would do nothing for me.

If I were not in a relationship, and the friend was mutually interested, then it could possibly go somewhere. However, they are probably "just" friends for one of two reasons: I'm already in a relationship, or, they are not relationship material. While I have no issues with having a FWB, it would have to be mutually agreeable with mutual boundaries, and we'd still have to find each other attractive physically.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:51 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,108,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I have guys who are just my friend. I don't think they are sexually attracted to me and I am not sexually interested either. I happen to be watching Billy Crystal in "When Harry met Sally" and he said friendship between men and women are impossible especially if a guy finds the girl attractive. Even if they are just friends the guy is thinking about nailing her. Sally (Meg Ryan) asks then is it possible to be friends if the guy does not find u attractive. Harry (Billy Crystal) says no guys pretty much think or want to nail them too. I got to wondering if that is true in real life??? Ladies and gentlemen please tell me what u think)
One thing to keep in mind is that the movie you're talking about is meant to entertain and provide laughs for the audience rather than being a serious study in psychosocial behavior.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
One thing to keep in mind is that the movie you're talking about is meant to entertain and provide laughs for the audience rather than being a serious study in psychosocial behavior.
Yeah I know it is for entertainment, but why does it seem like it is really true? I know allot of a male/female friendships end up being a little more. I have seen it so much till I wonder how do u remain good friends without sex being at issue?

Old 03-25-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
As I said, occasionally I would think about it if I'd normally be attracted. If not attractive, then no, I wouldn't even fantasize about it as it would do nothing for me.

If I were not in a relationship, and the friend was mutually interested, then it could possibly go somewhere. However, they are probably "just" friends for one of two reasons: I'm already in a relationship, or, they are not relationship material. While I have no issues with having a FWB, it would have to be mutually agreeable with mutual boundaries, and we'd still have to find each other attractive physically.
I totally understand what u r saying here... And thank u for the lesson. I appreciate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships