Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 09:22 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Would you post on the following thread?

Title: I had date last night, but I just wasn't attracted to him.

Message: He was very nice, polite and gentlemanly but I just wasn't interested. Too bad, eh?

BORING! What more is there to say? It's only interesting to talk about the unusual... unless of course you are a fan of TVSG dating threads!
Sure they would onglet--you'd have several people jumping on you for being so shallow as to not recognize a good, steady, but boring man as the diamond in the rough that he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
That aside, hope my post helped somewhat. You say you just wanted to talk about the subject because it's interesting and it seems to me that's what people are doing...talking about the subject. I threw in the help thing because personally, if I had *any* sort of a pattern with dates that made me have questions, I'd want to know the "why" behind it. That's just me...and like you requested...I'm just discussing an interesting subject. I definitely do find it interesting as I find patterns in any type of relationship interesting.
Yes dear onglet, love you to death and tried to rep you but gotta spread it around. But, if I remember correctly, you were all on me to explore the why of why gay men seem to chase after me. There is no why really--there haven't been any more and it only happened twice in my life. Sometimes we just go thru a "run" of something weird and then it never happens again. But I think FWB are semi-fashionable right now, or at least the terminology is. Certainly I've had people approach me off and on for the last 30 years for a similar type arrangement. There really is nothing new under the sun, at least as far as relationships go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2011, 09:33 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,980 times
Yes they do, I had a FWB in theat age range... Or actually she was my sisters friend, I just reaped the benefits,very nice benefits when I think back... might be about time to check if there are more such to reap...

Old 04-30-2011, 09:46 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times
this stuff sounds so much more complicated than simply being in a relationship...

Old 04-30-2011, 09:51 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
So what is FWB? If this person is supposed to be a friend that you have sex with, then do you hang out with them, go to movies, other stuff besides sex? Or do you just use them for sex? Because if you are using them, then that's not what a friend is IMO.
Bingo!

Old 04-30-2011, 04:04 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
this stuff sounds so much more complicated than simply being in a relationship...
Well perhaps not, but I think if you're going to actually have a FWB that works for both parties, you will have to choose your partner more carefully than you would in a real relationship and in theory this should be easier b/c you don't have feelings to complicate the whole process. But if you're a woman and you know you're going to start feathering your little nest as soon as you've done IT with him, no matter how inappropriate he is for you, then you should just stay away from this sort of thing.

Old 04-30-2011, 05:11 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
I think there simply are too many slutty women in NYC to be honest. (Or at least in my age bracket.) Everyone here thinks that you are supposed to have sex on the third date regardless... silly stuff in my book, but you'd be surprised at how NYC women will start screaming about you have "golden vagina" syndrome just because you pick and choose rather than simply throwing the P at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:39 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I think there simply are too many slutty women in NYC to be honest. (Or at least in my age bracket.) Everyone here thinks that you are supposed to have sex on the third date regardless... silly stuff in my book, but you'd be surprised at how NYC women will start screaming about you have "golden vagina" syndrome just because you pick and choose rather than simply throwing the P at the wall and seeing what sticks.
Maybe. Have you asked any of your friends who live in the area whether they've also experienced this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships