Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 05:30 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,569,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltHowe View Post
Dude! Everybody in this "looking for love" business has baggage. Me? I open the door and I carry the bags in for the lady. You know?
Maybe she didn't like you going through her dirty drawers then
They're women, the Almighty's most exsquisite, excellent creation. Also a fiendish instrument to torture your very soul. So be careful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 05:33 PM

369 posts, read 618,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
Maybe she didn't like you going through her dirty drawers then
They're women, the Almighty's most exsquisite, excellent creation. Also a fiendish instrument to torture your very soul. So be careful
No, she did the laundry today but that was before we met downtown.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:35 PM

How's he KNOW that stuff?

Old 05-11-2011, 05:43 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,569,268 times
Quote:
Who? What stuff?

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
Is this a pre-teen thread? One date and we're analyzing the size of the pupils and the fact that she didn't jump your bones with lascivious lust? Whatever happened to courtship, wooing and taking things slowly? No wonder you have rejection problems - you set yourself right up to expect it and if it wasn't the pupil problem it would probably be the way she pronounced her t's.

3,485 posts, read 7,310,461 times
Quote:
Well come to think of it they did get a little bigger but inconclusive.

All the books I ever read on the subject said that "a person's pupils grow larger when looking at something they are attracted to".
It also enlarges when there is a fight or flight response... LOL...

Old 05-11-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
It also enlarges when there is a fight or flight response... LOL...
That's saying SOMETHING LOL.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Is this a pre-teen thread? One date and we're analyzing the size of the pupils and the fact that she didn't jump your bones with lascivious lust? Whatever happened to courtship, wooing and taking things slowly? No wonder you have rejection problems - you set yourself right up to expect it and if it wasn't the pupil problem it would probably be the way she pronounced her t's.
How did you get to where YOUR post is at from where MY posts were at? Who said anything about jumping bones? And how can I get to courtship, wooing etc if the lady wasn't attracted to me? And where do you get that I set myself up? Are you capable of comprehending what you are reading?

You are a senior member and a resident? I'm sorry sir but this post may not be for you. Just take it easy, relax and watch TV in the dayroom. Don't get too stressed out, sir. Take your pills with orange juice. Peace.

Old 05-11-2011, 06:13 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
Quote:
How did you get to where YOUR post is at from where MY posts were at? Who said anything about jumping bones? And how can I get to courtship, wooing etc if the lady wasn't attracted to me? And where do you get that I set myself up? Are you capable of comprehending what you are reading?

You are a senior member and a resident? I'm sorry sir but this post may not be for you. Just take it easy, relax and watch TV in the dayroom. Don't get too stressed out, sir. Take your pills with orange juice. Peace.
Well, the first question is simple enough to answer. I read your post. Secondly, the whole gist of your post was that you felt there was no chemistry because her pupils remain fixed and she offered her cheek for a goodnight kiss. And, furthermore, you later added that you were, "scared of rejection".

My reading comprehension is perfectly intact. Obviously you're quite new to City Data and don't know what a senior member designation means, and my STT Resident moniker is because I live on St Thomas in the US Virgin Islands. All that information is right there, ergo one might presume that your own reading comprehension is a little lacking. And as much as I respect your deferentially and respectfully calling me "Sir", it would be taken in better stride if I were indeed male. Oh, and I prefer my pills washed down with wine, not OJ.

PS: You're CD rating is also "Senior Member" ...

Last edited by STT Resident; 05-11-2011 at 06:17 PM.. Reason: Added PS

Old 05-11-2011, 06:21 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,189,775 times
Quote:
What if we both like eating out, we both like bullsh-tting, we're both easy going people, we're both good listeners AND good talkers, we both have sleep apnea, but the chemistry isn't there? I just came back from one of those initial meetings.

What's it mean if her pupils remain tiny? If she moves away from the goodbye kiss and just allows a peck?

Yeah I figure. I'll wait for her to call me. Laying ah 15-1 it don't happen.

I can get better "chemistry" off of women who I might have nothing in common with.
One thing that comes to mind...

Talking is great but in my case when too many personal topics have been covered there is nothing left to discover. Many times I have to take a break from a person who revealed a lot about themselves. It doesn't mean the end to a relationship just yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships