Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At the age of 18, am I worrying too much about this?
YES, you should have a girlfriend by this time, what are you doing wrong? 5 10.42%
NO, calm down calm down 43 89.58%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 10:30 PM

97 posts, read 145,870 times

Advertisements

I am an 18 year old kid. Thing is I did not really go to a big high school so the number of girls I could date was limited. My high school had about 300 students in it, was a really small high school, and was mostly Black. Is that wrong? I say no but I am just not physically attracted to African American women. Its not like our school had Alicia Keys or anything close to one, a lot of the girls at my school had the "ghetto" (as they said) stereotype attached to them.

Over and above all, small school, not a lot of options, was not really into a lot of the girls there. Some already had a kid and some had really bad attitudes.

Just finished my first year of college, I go to a university without much of a campus life so basically I am commuting to college. Living at home and going to college (as are a lot of my friends).

I have had two chances, one with a girl who asked me out but I haven't been seeing her that much. Another one is with this other guy who is a senior and only has one more semester left.

I am also a science major.

Anyways if I do not get a girlfriend by the time I am 20, is my clock going to start ticking real fast? Is it time to go into panic mode?

Also, I really want to experience dating and being with different types of women to see how it is like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Are you who I think you are
seriously bro? I am trying to seek advice here, I mean come on

Old 05-14-2011, 10:36 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
I never had a relationship until I was 21 years old if it makes you feel any better. Life is too short to be worrying about things, instead just do what you can to enjoy everything thats going on in your life. You can go your whole life hoping for something different, instead, be happy where you're at and work for what you want.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I never had a relationship until I was 21 years old if it makes you feel any better. Life is too short to be worrying about things, instead just do what you can to enjoy everything thats going on in your life. You can go your whole life hoping for something different, instead, be happy where you're at and work for what you want.
Miami. Must be great. I hope this thread stays.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:40 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,408,034 times
haha, I was 19 when I had my first relationship...really, you got nothing to worry about!

Old 05-14-2011, 10:42 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,397,245 times
It's too stressful and complicated to date at a young age. I'm 21 and single...Just about to start my life now. Stress free.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:47 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,603,599 times
Relax. Go out and get involved in anything that gives you joy, there is where you will find a friend. Happy people are fun to be with. Desperate people not so much.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
Relax. Go out and get involved in anything that gives you joy, there is where you will find a friend. Happy people are fun to be with. Desperate people not so much.
Not really desperate, thing is, there isn't much to do where I am at soooo yaaaaaa.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:17 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,926,814 times
I dont think you should panick but ur definitely finding excuses for why you havent got a girlfriend. The real reason is probably because your introverted and not very sociable/interesting.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:59 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,687,113 times
I'm 19 going on 20 in a few months and I've only ever had one girlfriend (and she's also the only girl I've ever had any sort of physical relations with).

Sometimes, well, I don't panic but I certainly get very frustrated when I see how much success everyone else has. I understand how you feel man.

My advice is to try and at least move on campus, or possibly transfer if that's an option. I commuted this year and socially it was pretty awful. I've made some acquaintances/friends this semester but I really think I would have made much more solid connections had I lived on campus. Try and get involved in a club or something.

Just keep your chin up; you ain't alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships