Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 08:29 PM

326 posts, read 814,644 times

Advertisements

I don't know what I wanna do with the rest of my life. I thought I did but I don't anymore. I'm so confused and don't know what to do anymore?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2011, 08:56 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,485,904 times
I think I need some backstory to respond meaningfully to this, tweety. Are you talking about career, relationships, something else, or all of them? What changed that made you unsure?

Old 06-18-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
I think I need some backstory to respond meaningfully to this, tweety. Are you talking about career, relationships, something else, or all of them? What changed that made you unsure?
It is about college, I don't know what to do. I go to cc and can't stand living with my fam I feel like living here will be the death of me! The only reason I'm still here is fear, fear of not finishing school and regretting it. But I'm tired of my life going nowhere, I have no friends or family members to turn to, I'm so alone, if I am not @ school then I'm laying in me bed. I can't find a job & my family makes it worse my scolding me calling me a loser and telling me I'm a waste of life I don't know what to do to get a change in my life, i don't feel like i'm living @ all.

Old 06-18-2011, 10:08 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,883,402 times
Default Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetybird11208 View Post
It is about college, I don't know what to do. I go to cc and can't stand living with my fam I feel like living here will be the death of me! The only reason I'm still here is fear, fear of not finishing school and regretting it. But I'm tired of my life going nowhere, I have no friends or family members to turn to, I'm so alone, if I am not @ school then I'm laying in me bed. I can't find a job & my family makes it worse my scolding me calling me a loser and telling me I'm a waste of life I don't know what to do to get a change in my life, i don't feel like i'm living @ all.
I'm thinking you might want to have a "one on one" with your family... maybe the one family member that might listen to you when you tell them you've been depressed about your future and you're trying to decide whether your school is your future or moving out and quiting college and getting your own place... then maybe they may help you realize to NOT QUIT COLLEGE .... sorry... it is so much harder to go back after you've gotten a different "life" path. I went back many years later and always kicked myself in the aRrrrse for not getting back to school earlier... much harder when you're married have kids and working full time... like the outdoors??? hiking, biking.. get yourself involved with food pantries ... learn to love being in your own skin and women will be drawn to you and even men will get involved in these activities and you WILL make friends because you have much more to talk about... good luck to you

Old 06-19-2011, 09:19 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,836,274 times
Quote:
I don't know what I wanna do with the rest of my life. I thought I did but I don't anymore. I'm so confused and don't know what to do anymore?
then I guess you'll eventually figure it out

Old 06-20-2011, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney1987 View Post
then I guess you'll eventually figure it out
that is not very good advice

Old 06-20-2011, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesdreams View Post
I'm thinking you might want to have a "one on one" with your family... maybe the one family member that might listen to you when you tell them you've been depressed about your future and you're trying to decide whether your school is your future or moving out and quiting college and getting your own place... then maybe they may help you realize to NOT QUIT COLLEGE .... sorry... it is so much harder to go back after you've gotten a different "life" path. I went back many years later and always kicked myself in the aRrrrse for not getting back to school earlier... much harder when you're married have kids and working full time... like the outdoors??? hiking, biking.. get yourself involved with food pantries ... learn to love being in your own skin and women will be drawn to you and even men will get involved in these activities and you WILL make friends because you have much more to talk about... good luck to you
I don't want to talk with my family, I want to try and do it on my own but Idk how?

Old 06-20-2011, 11:01 PM

48,581 posts, read 34,980,811 times
I would do everything in your power NOT to quit college. That will support you for the REST of your life.

What is causing you distress is your immediate life. Unless there are other viable options learn to tune your family out. I don't know anyone who would call their college attending child a loser, if that is the whole story than your family is dysfunctional. Perhaps take this as a lesson in knowing your own worth, and ignoring unreasonable people?

Old 06-21-2011, 04:50 AM

936 posts, read 2,063,839 times
Quote:
You can't go anywhere until you pick either a destination or a direction. Either will do, but you have to pick something.

In the end, it won't matter which or what you pick right now. This first choice will give you some momentum. That momentum will give you the feeling of "going somewhere". You can change goals later, if you need to.

Don't forget, most people change their field/career choice after a while. Some people change a couple of times.

What are you studying right now?

Old 06-21-2011, 07:30 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,097,814 times
Quote:

Just focus on today..for tomorrow is never promised to anyone..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships