Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 02:01 PM

80 posts, read 87,363 times

Advertisements

A love-shy or incel boy (which is ME) enters puberty and suddenly is interested in girls. And I'm not alone, suddenly all my peers are as well. However, I quickly learn there is something wrong as most of my friends go on to have normal dating experiences, and sex and relationships at all the appropriate times in their youth while I am unable to. If I am LS it is because I am unable to approach them. Otherwise, i would have done everything saw my more successful peers do, But yet I get constantly, inexplicably rejected.

Now I was the nicest guy you would ever meet. And I was just as nice to the girls. Not because I wanted to get in their pants. I just want a normal relationship. Dating. Companionship. What all of MY peers have.

But it never happened. Instead, I saw the boys who were the most obnoxious, the biggest bullies in the school, were the most successful with the girls. These girls would complain about how these guys treated them, and how much they wanted a nice guy. But I am completely invisible to them. When they finally broke up with the a-holes, they would move right along to another a-hole. Rinse and repeat. Throughout junior high. Throughout high school. Then I graduate and move off to the south, thinking at last I would get my due. But no, it was more of the same. Boy, was I f*cking wrong. It was even worse than high school. Ghetto hoodrat, stuck up, or redneck racist...All the more disturbing because these people were intelligent educated girls that should have known better. I can become friends with them, and end up friend-zoned... but I never get any further. And then I gets to listen to them ***** about the guy they are banging every weekend.

So another four to six years of my life goes by. I return home, ruined from recession, where I'm stuck playing FS2004, shooting ILS approaches in a computer generated Boeing 747-400 in my mother's basement while working a job that pays no living wage just to push a line of SHOPPING CARTS. And then back out into the "real world" where a man can't even ask out a girl where he works for fear of being fired for sexual harassment .Most of the women around are taken. And more and more of MY old friends are getting married and settled down, while I am still at square zero. And you don't think i have a right to be pissed off about that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 02:07 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,312,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trell B View Post
And you don't think i have a right to be pissed off about that?
No.

Pissed-off is a useless emotion.

You have a right to be frustrated. You have a right to be unhappy. You have a right to be unsatisfied.

But, being pissed-off does nothing for you.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:08 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
I'd spend my time working to improve my situation. Be angry - be frustrated - get it all out and then move on.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:10 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,304,232 times
It's easy to deflect internal issues onto society as a whole. But its self-serving and lazy. Seek therapy. Walk through what may be causing your issues/bitterness/envy etc and move past it. Confidence and being oblivious to what others are doing around you will give you perspective.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:13 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,763,966 times
I agree with Dewdrop...she said it very well, much better and more succinctly than I ever could have!

Again, my genuine sympathies to you, my friend... I know it may be a lil hard to understand from the place where you are at right now, but please trust me, I know from experience that the good news is, all it takes is one girl, to break that previous pattern. One special girl...so please, above all do not give up on finding love...instead, go find her, that girl!

ETA: findly also had some good advice, about possibly obtaining some therapy...I tried it for some time, and found it to be extremely helpful myself, actually...

Old 03-06-2013, 02:14 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trell B View Post
Then I graduate and move off to the south, thinking at last I would get my due. But no, it was more of the same.
Your due?

Old 03-06-2013, 02:27 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times
What an entitled world we live in.

You are not due anything in life sorry.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:37 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
What an entitled world we live in.

This. And I understand how the OP feels because I felt the same way at one point. I saw my friends dating and going from relationship to relationship while all I did was gather a.large group of male friends.

Nobody is entitled to a relationship, though, and some people just arent cut out for it regardlessof how much you may want it or how much you feel you deserve it.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:44 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,446,284 times
Calm down OP - you're in a better situation than you realize.

You could of been one of those peers in relationship after relationship, and done something stupid like having children at a young age, and stuck with the consequences.

But you're not.

All you need is likely counseling, and deep soul searching - because the common denominator is you - not anyone else.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:23 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,010,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
No apology required for a statement of fact such as this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships