Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 09:51 AM

21 posts, read 58,616 times

Advertisements

Have you ever been treated like that? what did you do? what do you suggest a different girl under the same treatment should do?
I mean he can like see a girl for 5 minutes and assume she's more worth everything to him than I. He acts like she's so perfect and she's so better than me. I have no right to put them down when I'm just stating simple facts in the way they act is not right. He defends them like they mean more to him than I do to him. He doesn't seem to care. I told him it hurt me when he's like that and he acts like I'm worrying over something stupid. We get along every other day, these days happen like once every two weeks or longer...
I try to discuss it with him later and he says I'm worried over "old history"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 09:55 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,649,058 times
Dump him. That's what.

Source: Common Sense.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:55 AM

2,179 posts, read 3,404,562 times
I got this one, ladies!

Dump him.

Edit to say, I was outdrawn.

Seriously, this guy is knowingly or not breaking you down for the purposes of control and manipulation... Not nice.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:00 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
If a guy is being insensitive, inappropriate and uncaring when you object, you dump him.
If, on the other hand, you are being oversensitive, insecure and territorial, you work on your issues before getting involved with anyone else ... because being a jealous and needy girlfriend is a prime way to get yourself dumped.

If you are young, it might be difficult to tell the difference. I can't, from your story.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:03 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,399,446 times
Went through this already. What did I do? Kick him out of my life. His words never match up with his action anyway so why bother.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:29 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Dump him. No one has the power to *make* me feel anything. If someone did not recognize my value, I would not hang out with them.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:38 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnagirl View Post
Have you ever been treated like that? what did you do? what do you suggest a different girl under the same treatment should do?
I mean he can like see a girl for 5 minutes and assume she's more worth everything to him than I. He acts like she's so perfect and she's so better than me. I have no right to put them down when I'm just stating simple facts in the way they act is not right. He defends them like they mean more to him than I do to him. He doesn't seem to care. I told him it hurt me when he's like that and he acts like I'm worrying over something stupid. We get along every other day, these days happen like once every two weeks or longer...
Are you picking on these girls before or after he acts like they are better than you?

Nobody likes a person that is insecure. If you are pointing out all the flaws of these so called "better" girls before he comments, well then I can see where he's coming from

If he's pointing out their assets first however, dump him. Why would you want to be with a man like that?

Last edited by *Sixy*; 07-26-2011 at 11:09 AM..

Old 07-26-2011, 10:39 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Have you ever been treated like that?
Not that I'm a girl per se, but no. It's not something I'd allow to happen and if it does happen, it'll happen only once.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:52 AM

3,734 posts, read 4,546,933 times
Get rid of him. And don't even consider taking him back if he apologizes. He's already shown you who he is and what he thinks of you.

Don't ever let anyone treat you like that.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:55 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
Quote:
I'd give him a taste of his own medicine by dumping his arse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships