Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 12:03 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,282,735 times

Advertisements

Have you? Sure, it's better to see someone show they love you and all but it is also a nice thing to hear your guy/girl tell you those words, right? Well, how about us telling our significant other today? Make sure you are looking straight into his/her eyes when you say these words .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 12:20 PM

4,489 posts, read 10,949,601 times
Yup! But it's always good to have an excuse to do it again--just sent him an email telling him how awesome he is

Old 09-14-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
Yup! But it's always good to have an excuse to do it again--just sent him an email telling him how awesome he is
Oh yeah. The email, the hidden note, the message on their work phone, etc. But hearing it in person, eye to eye, wow .

I am saying this because my brother recently, just because, called me to tell me this. I couldn't pick up the phone since I was in a meeting but when I heard the message, it almost made me cry. It went something like this:

"Onihc, I feel proud to have a brother like you. I love you and I think about you, ok? Oh well, just calling to see what's up with you and to tell you that I love you, see yaaaaaaa..."

That call totally made my day. Gave me energy, kept me smiling, made me feel as the biggest thing out there, etc. Reminded me of showing people that I loved them but also telling them. It's awesome how saying those words and meaning it, looking into the other person's eye, etc. can make a nice impact.

Don't let this day go without telling your guy/girl that you love them, eye-to-eye.

Old 09-14-2010, 12:31 PM

751 posts, read 1,674,476 times
Even though I do tell him everyday that I love him I still believe actions sometimes speak alot louder than words.

Old 09-14-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie Tebo View Post
Even though I do tell him everyday that I love him I still believe actions sometimes speak alot louder than words.
Oh yeah, totally agree. That is why I mentioned I prefer to have someone SHOW ME that they love me and vice versa but to hear those words coming from that special someone can be quite nice specially when you have them looking into your eyes, holding your hands, etc.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:28 PM

4,489 posts, read 10,949,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Don't let this day go without telling your guy/girl that you love them, eye-to-eye.
It's the first thing we say to each other every morning. "G'morning beautiful, I love you." and "G'morning sweetheart, I love you too."

Saaaappy, but I love it

Old 09-14-2010, 01:37 PM

395 posts, read 1,287,226 times
Every time I call him (or he calls me) we end the call with an I love you. Every sms or an email also ends with that. Its just been 3 years since I have been married. Its been like this every day so far .

Old 09-14-2010, 01:45 PM

22,343 posts, read 29,457,534 times
Today, I just told the ex he's f-ing dead to me and he told me to Eff myself...Does that count?? LOL

However, when we were together, everyday numerous texts and phone calls ended in I love you

Old 09-14-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
It's the first thing we say to each other every morning. "G'morning beautiful, I love you." and "G'morning sweetheart, I love you too."

Saaaappy, but I love it
Hey! Might sound sapppy but I find it healthy in any relationship. I even hear it from male friends "Love you bro...Love you Onihc" and its always nice to hear it.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:46 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
Every time I call him (or he calls me) we end the call with an I love you. Every sms or an email also ends with that. Its just been 3 years since I have been married. Its been like this every day so far .
We say it in the middle of the night if we pass each other on the way to and from the bathroom, lol!

This is a habit developed years ago - lots of "I love you" 's in our house.

We've done it with our kids too. Now even as young men they tell us each they love us every time we have a conversation and it's time to say goodbye

Heck, as a mom if I haven't heard from them in a day or two I'll just call to say "thinking of you and how much I love you!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships