Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 04:22 PM

1,549 posts, read 4,257,905 times

Advertisements

I rarely have visitors but my grandma came to visit and I put her in the master bedroom on the 2nd floor because the guest rooms were on the 3rd floor and that would have been too much work for a woman who is almost 90 years old!

I don't mind staying at people's houses...if they are COOL....lol, in July, my boyfriend and I visited his aunt and uncle in Dallas. We stayed at their house for a week and it was the best visit I have ever had in anyone's house....the aunt was very social and she loved to cook...she cooked EVERYDAY..each night we stayed up late talking, watching tv..telling jokes, etc.. Their house was spacious and we had a guest room with a king size bed. It was great. His aunt told me I could go anywhere I wanted to in her house except for her master bedroom...lol...no problems with that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 06:13 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKLO View Post
I rarely have visitors but my grandma came to visit and I put her in the master bedroom on the 2nd floor because the guest rooms were on the 3rd floor and that would have been too much work for a woman who is almost 90 years old!

I don't mind staying at people's houses...if they are COOL....lol, in July, my boyfriend and I visited his aunt and uncle in Dallas. We stayed at their house for a week and it was the best visit I have ever had in anyone's house....the aunt was very social and she loved to cook...she cooked EVERYDAY..each night we stayed up late talking, watching tv..telling jokes, etc.. Their house was spacious and we had a guest room with a king size bed. It was great. His aunt told me I could go anywhere I wanted to in her house except for her master bedroom...lol...no problems with that!

anywhere but near the master bedroom - I love it!

Old 09-26-2011, 06:22 PM

541 posts, read 941,367 times
Heck no... I give them the guest room or the couch

Old 09-26-2011, 06:26 PM

1,482 posts, read 1,379,197 times
I would not give up my bedroom. We a spare bedroom. There is a hide-a-bed couch in the living room. We have a futon and a non-conforming bedroom in the basement. The only out of town vistors we get are my oldest daughter and her bf. Usually they sleep on the futon. I put a lock on the basement door so they can have privacy. My step-son is currently sleeping in the spare bedroom. All of his belongings are currently in the basement bedroom. At this point I could run a Home Depot out of it...

We stay in the motorhome when we visit other people.

Old 09-26-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJW50 View Post
I would not give up my bedroom. We a spare bedroom. There is a hide-a-bed couch in the living room. We have a futon and a non-conforming bedroom in the basement. The only out of town vistors we get are my oldest daughter and her bf. Usually they sleep on the futon. I put a lock on the basement door so they can have privacy. My step-son is currently sleeping in the spare bedroom. All of his belongings are currently in the basement bedroom. At this point I could run a Home Depot out of it...

We stay in the motorhome when we visit other people.
I like that idea I've been wanting a pop-up for a while now and would certainly take one to the relatives to use if I had one!

Old 09-26-2011, 07:05 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Hm. People seem like they're almost getting cheezed off at even the suggestion of it!

Old 09-26-2011, 07:05 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

Anyone else deal with this issue?
I haven't but if company insisted that I give up the master bedroom I'd say that's okay as long as they don't mind the cameras I use.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:14 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,390,974 times
I hope this question is a joke. No, I've never give up my master bedroom or bed to a guest nor would I ever do so. And I doubt the sanity of anyone who would willingly do this. A guest can sleep on the couch or in the guest bedroom. Why the hell would ANYONE give up their bed to someone else???

Old 09-26-2011, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
I hope this question is a joke. No, I've never give up my master bedroom or bed to a guest nor would I ever do so. And I doubt the sanity of anyone who would willingly do this. A guest can sleep on the couch or in the guest bedroom. Why the hell would ANYONE give up their bed to someone else???
I can assure you, the question was no "joke". People that I know who do this are some of the sanest, nicest people you'd ever want to meet, no reason to "doubt their sanity", good grief.

A few people have posted a few instances where giving up the master bedroom was the right thing to do (elderly grandparents so they could avoid stairs, etc), but short of that I wouldn't give up my bedroom too easily either.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:44 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,557,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Hm. People seem like they're almost getting cheezed off at even the suggestion of it!
I know. I find that strange.

For me, it depends on the situation and the guests. I had family visit a couple weeks ago. I only have one spare bedroom with a twin bed. I gave my king size bed to my sister, BIL and niece and my mom took the twin bed. I slept on the chair in the living room (i don't have a couch). I wasn't going to make my GUESTS sleep on the floor or in a chair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships