Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 01:36 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
People just rooster block themselves. People are their own worst enemies.
In short this

Old 05-12-2017, 01:36 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,401,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammichsammich View Post
It sounds like you're getting very bitter against "women", who you seem to think care more about looks than men. Let me tell you that I went from being an average-attractiveness 160lb female to a 200lb female when I had an undiagnosed autoimmune disease and men would not even look me in the eye. And if a man HAD to talk to me (like when I'd ask a stocker where something was located in the grocery store), they'd answer without looking at me, then get a way as fast as possible. If I tried to make small talk they'd get a look of horror in their eyes that I'd never seen before. It was actually so dramatic as to be funny. I also got to know several men on online dating sites, found we had much in common and established a baseline friendship, then when they saw a photo for the first time they ended it brutally and coldly (and I always told them I was overweight from the beginning, guess they were hoping I was a model with body dysmorphia). Now that I've lost some weight suddenly I'm a human being worthy of being treated as such again. So please get off your high horse and realize that most human beings male AND female, are shallow and care more about what you look like than who you are inside.
Aw I'm sorry that you were treated that way hun. I do agree that many men tend to be shallow creatures who are overly fixated on looks. Most of them want young supermodels.. Women, on the other hand, are much less shallow when it comes to physical appearance. Sure, they want someone they are attracted to, but they are much more willing to overlook certain things if a man is funny, kind and treats them with respect.

Old 05-12-2017, 01:39 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,927,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
No you're definitely not alone mate in your observations and I've seen it a million times plus I've been out with FAR better looking women than myself

It's all because them blokes use what they have got in terms of attractiveness and are positive about it instead of worrying about what they don't have ( or think they don't ) and cry about it.

We both know a positive and confident outlook DOES have an inner glow that really does shine through and is VERY attractive to the ladies in my opinion
Haha yup! I'm sure there's guys who see me walking around with my soon to be wife and think ''What the hell? She's hot and he's not that great! What's he doing right?'' and I HOPE they do think EXACTLY this if they're having trouble meeting women in their own lives. I hope it inspires them to go out and try harder or at least TRY at all. I came to this realization while walking around in the mall one day. I'd see guys that I thought weren't attractive in the slightest and they'd have nice looking girls, and I'd think ''Wait a minute, there's no way he's better looking than I am. Neither is he, nor is that other guy over there! I look better than that? Why am I struggling so much?'' and then I'd notice it everywhere. Grocery stores, beaches, movie theaters, zoo's, restaurants, music venues, you name it. Everywhere I went I would notice this and I still do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
People just rooster block themselves. People are their own worst enemies.
I can't blame them, I was once there. Like I just said, it was seeing guys crawling all over with attractive women, guys that I thought were inferior in looks to myself. That really set off a bulb after that.

Now the counter is usually ''Well, he's probably rich. He probably has money!'' and I really don't think the 21-25 year old (who usually looks 35 but I'm gonna assume is only 25) that looks like Larry The Cable Man or one of the Duck Dynasty people is rich. At least not most of these guys I see.

Old 05-12-2017, 02:01 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,345,258 times
Quote:
No you're definitely not alone mate in your observations and I've seen it a million times plus I've been out with FAR better looking women than myself

It's all because them blokes use what they have got in terms of attractiveness and are positive about it instead of worrying about what they don't have ( or think they don't ) and cry about it.

We both know a positive and confident outlook DOES have an inner glow that really does shine through and is VERY attractive to the ladies in my opinion
Well women should stop liking those guys and instead like my inner gloom. Gloom/glow, it's almost the same word FFS.

Old 05-12-2017, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
Haha yup! I'm sure there's guys who see me walking around with my soon to be wife and think ''What the hell? She's hot and he's not that great! What's he doing right?'' and I HOPE they do think EXACTLY this if they're having trouble meeting women in their own lives. I hope it inspires them to go out and try harder or at least TRY at all. I came to this realization while walking around in the mall one day. I'd see guys that I thought weren't attractive in the slightest and they'd have nice looking girls, and I'd think ''Wait a minute, there's no way he's better looking than I am. Neither is he, nor is that other guy over there! I look better than that? Why am I struggling so much?'' and then I'd notice it everywhere. Grocery stores, beaches, movie theaters, zoo's, restaurants, music venues, you name it. Everywhere I went I would notice this and I still do.

I can't blame them, I was once there. Like I just said, it was seeing guys crawling all over with attractive women, guys that I thought were inferior in looks to myself. That really set off a bulb after that.

Now the counter is usually ''Well, he's probably rich. He probably has money!'' and I really don't think the 21-25 year old (who usually looks 35 but I'm gonna assume is only 25) that looks like Larry The Cable Man or one of the Duck Dynasty people is rich. At least not most of these guys I see.
Lol where the hell do I begin!!! LMAO!

No seriously I've had the snarky " he's rich " by passers by or a " 10 inches " and lol even from mates I get the " lady and the tramp " or " beauty and the beast " jokes .... But obviously I take it with a pinch of salt as I know she's with me for a reason

But yeah you've seen the thousands of times I've said on here that looks or only one part of attractiveness meaning that personality, sense of humour etc are just as key and usually stand out more so to most

But you're right some are fighters in that respect and will try harder or just clam up and fester which is sad really.

Old 05-12-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
Well women should stop liking those guys and instead like my inner gloom. Gloom/glow, it's almost the same word FFS.

Hahahaha yeah sorry that was a typo on my part mate

( Good one )

Old 05-12-2017, 07:17 PM

7,429 posts, read 4,672,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Aw I'm sorry that you were treated that way hun. I do agree that many men tend to be shallow creatures who are overly fixated on looks. Most of them want young supermodels.. Women, on the other hand, are much less shallow when it comes to physical appearance. Sure, they want someone they are attracted to, but they are much more willing to overlook certain things if a man is funny, kind and treats them with respect.
If men are shallow because they only go for good looking women, does that mean all/most married women are good-looking?

Old 05-12-2017, 08:23 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,927,232 times
Quote:

Lol where the hell do I begin!!! LMAO!

No seriously I've had the snarky " he's rich " by passers by or a " 10 inches " and lol even from mates I get the " lady and the tramp " or " beauty and the beast " jokes .... But obviously I take it with a pinch of salt as I know she's with me for a reason

But yeah you've seen the thousands of times I've said on here that looks or only one part of attractiveness meaning that personality, sense of humour etc are just as key and usually stand out more so to most

But you're right some are fighters in that respect and will try harder or just clam up and fester which is sad really.
I feel like I've had to make that point in half my posts on here. I get on here almost every day and see a ''I can't find a date, I'm ugly, girlz only wanna date really good looking d00dz!''. Either these people don't get out much and are totally clueless to what I've pointed out about the below average men (it's not gender specific, either) with good looking women, or they're so caught up in how ugly they think they look, that they have themselves believing they look like that ugly deformed looking creature thing from The Goonies!

It took me until I was in my very late 20's to realize this, myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippeekayay View Post
If men are shallow because they only go for good looking women, does that mean all/most married women are good-looking?
Using the word shallow to describe someone who wants a physically attractive partner is BS to me. You can't expect someone to date someone they don't find physically attractive.

By the way, I'm not aiming that point at you. It's just something I've seen on here and in everyday life. ''Why don't you date this person?'' ''Well, I just don't find them attractive'' ''Stop being so shallow!''.

Old 05-12-2017, 10:03 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
I wouldn't go as far as "much more"

Old 05-13-2017, 10:25 AM

2,232 posts, read 2,401,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippeekayay View Post
No of course not... The men they are married to though usually aren't very good looking themselves.. These men might want good looking women, but feel they are out of their league. Plus a lot of women tend to lose their looks after they have been married for a while.. they get comfortable, put on weight and don't take care of themselves like they did before..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships