Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2011, 11:29 AM

219 posts, read 334,190 times

Advertisements

im married, been married for going on 2yrs in march. my husband is the kind of guy that doesnt really have an idea on what he wants to do with himself in life. When we first met he wanted to be a pediatrician and i liked that because im in the medical field and that was something we had in common. Now that we're married he's changed from pediatrics, to modeling, to rapping, to business management. it's driving me crazy because he isnt thinking for himself all these ideas are coming from his friends because they're saying how he would be a good model or he can rap or he should open up his own business... HELLO WE HAVE TWO KIDS THIS CAREER HOPPING/CHANGING YOU DOIN ISNT GOOD AT ALL.
Im a cna and im going to school to be an lpn when we can afford it right now im working full time and my husband is a stay at home dad because i make more than him if he was to go out and work so it is me with the financial part of our relationship and im fine with that because i was independent before my husband and im not housewife material i have to work its in my blood lol. but its like i need him to figure out WTH he wants to do with himself because its starting to get to me that he is shooting down any opinion i give him about jobs but his friends are filling his head with craziness knowing he has two kids and a wondering mind. it really pisses me off.
WHAT WOULD ANY OF YOU DO IN THIS SITUATION? I DONT WANT TO LEAVE HIM BECAUSE HE'S A GREAT FATHER BUT HE'S NOT REALISTIC AND HIS GOALS OR CAREER CHOICE CHANGES DAILY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 11:32 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmykids08_10 View Post
im married, been married for going on 2yrs in march. my husband is the kind of guy that doesnt really have an idea on what he wants to do with himself in life. When we first met he wanted to be a pediatrician and i liked that because im in the medical field and that was something we had in common. Now that we're married he's changed from pediatrics, to modeling, to rapping, to business management. it's driving me crazy because he isnt thinking for himself all these ideas are coming from his friends because they're saying how he would be a good model or he can rap or he should open up his own business... HELLO WE HAVE TWO KIDS THIS CAREER HOPPING/CHANGING YOU DOIN ISNT GOOD AT ALL.
Im a cna and im going to school to be an lpn when we can afford it right now im working full time and my husband is a stay at home dad because i make more than him if he was to go out and work so it is me with the financial part of our relationship and im fine with that because i was independent before my husband and im not housewife material i have to work its in my blood lol. but its like i need him to figure out WTH he wants to do with himself because its starting to get to me that he is shooting down any opinion i give him about jobs but his friends are filling his head with craziness knowing he has two kids and a wondering mind. it really pisses me off.
WHAT WOULD ANY OF YOU DO IN THIS SITUATION? I DONT WANT TO LEAVE HIM BECAUSE HE'S A GREAT FATHER BUT HE'S NOT REALISTIC AND HIS GOALS OR CAREER CHOICE CHANGES DAILY.
Call you local community college or university immediately and make an appt for him to take the Myers Briggs Personality test.

There may be a small fee, but it will be WELL worth it for the info it will give him once it's been interpreted. Many aimless young people have found their way to the right path for them by taking this test and finding their natural aptitudes.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:22 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,672,166 times
You should talk to him about how you feel! Good luck!

Old 11-26-2011, 05:31 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,381,186 times
If you have two kids, and you don't want to stay home, and he does - then why does it matter if he's unclear on his future career plans at this point? When the kids are old enough to go to school, then he'll need to nail down something career-wise, but until then, why would you care if he considers lots of different things? Exploring his options now, while he has time, is a good thing!

Old 11-27-2011, 08:01 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,939,884 times
I was like that for a very long time myself. I'm quite sure it doesn't have anything to do with you, if he genuinely seems like a person who will be driven to do something and is actually smart enough, he will eventually find something. Make sure it matches his interests and it is something that he can really be interested in.

This issue doesn't sound so much to me as to who he's listening to as much as it is an issue of what he's not doing.

One root to this problem is jumping quickly on a new choice getting very excited and then realizing its not for you. Next choice he makes, tell him to really think about it, and don't let him get really excited over it and jump into the new career. Make him think on it for maybe 2-4 weeks.

Last edited by intelfan11315; 11-27-2011 at 08:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships