Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 09:31 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,237,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
I guess the things that bother me the most about the above, bolded text, is the fact that you're essentially saying that, "In exchange for sex, I'd take her to concerts, feed her dinner, take her movies, and help her to be a better person." Am I the only one who thinks this reeks of a low-paid prostitute? How in the h*ll is this "making her a BETTER person!? It's her LOSS, if she doesn't accept your offer? No, it's her loss if she's foolish enough to get emotionally attached to you and expect some sort of permanence in the relationship. It's her LOSS if she sells herself to you for the price of dinner and a movie!

Wow..do you have any kids? A daughter? If you don't, imagine that you DO. How would you feel about some "sugar daddy" using your daughter for a f**k buddy, in exchange for dinner, a movie, a concert? I DO have a daughter and I'd want to castrate the guy, not to mention, questioning WTH is wrong with my daughter that she has such low self-esteem that she'd sell her body for the price of dinner and a movie!

^^^
I couldn't agree more. I think the OP should find an unhappily married woman who is only looking for that FWB relationship with no strings, no attachment and no dating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 09:38 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,725,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
^^^
I couldn't agree more. I think the OP should find an unhappily married woman who is only looking for that FWB relationship with no strings, no attachment and no dating.
The thing of it is, any young woman who'd fall for a proposition like this, alREADY has a low sense of self-worth! How is this type of relationship going to "better" her!? It's only going to DEcrease her sense of self-worth. OMG, some people are so full of themselves. "I'm gonna rock your world....take you places you've only dreamed of." Oh yeah baby....a dream come true.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:46 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,623,920 times
Quote:
Threads like this just blow me away. Even in today's world, the majority of our society still looks at females as tramps, when they have "FWBs". The playing field has not changed much. It's still far more acceptable for males to have casual sex than it is for females to.
I believe that's driven by male instinct, not society. Trying to change that is fighting a losing battle.

As a man, for example, I don't get to dictate what it is that women are supposed to be attracted to. Their personal preferences are driven by biology as much as they are by society.

In the case of the OP, he can get what he is looking for , but not if he phrases it like that.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
I believe that's driven by male instinct, not society. Trying to change that is fighting a losing battle.

As a man, for example, I don't get to dictate what it is that women are supposed to be attracted to. Their personal preferences are driven by biology as much as they are by society.

In the case of the OP, he can get what he is looking for , but not if he phrases it like that.
Yep, you're right. He'll actually have to lie and deceive, unless she's heavily drugged, drunk or desperate.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:57 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,623,920 times
Quote:
Yep, you're right. He'll actually have to lie and deceive, unless she's heavily drugged, drunk or desperate.
Dishonesty is one way to do it. You date her for a while, until you decide "it's not what you want." I have done this before, without the slightest hint of shame.

However, a "FWB" situation where people truly see eye-to-eye is typically something that happens between a horny chick and a guy that's out of her league, in terms of commitment.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
Dishonesty is one way to do it. You date her for a while, until you decide "it's not what you want." I have done this before, without the slightest hint of shame.

However, a "FWB" situation where people truly see eye-to-eye is typically something that happens between a horny chick and a guy that's out of her league, in terms of commitment.
Wow...classy. A parent's worst nightmare. The kind of guy you warn your daughters to stay away from. Yes Virginia, there ARE low lifes who will lie through their teeth, JUST to get in your pants.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:17 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Lets say you are interested in a guy and attracted to him, he is early 30's you are early 20's.
You have talked to him a few times and you (the girl) are sexually inexperienced, but not for religious reasons, mainly due to shyness.

How would you react, or how do you think most young women in this situation would react if......... the next time you talked he came straight off the fence and said something like "I'm keen for a casual FWB situation if you are?".

No smart arse comments. I'm interested in a serious discussion.
Attraction would falter.

I would just see you as a dirty old man trying to score with a young girl to amp yourself.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:27 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,812,053 times
Holy cow, this actually happened to me in my early 20s!

I was pretty shy with guys, and I had a really good friend I was totally head over heels for. We'd stay up all night talking on the phone, he'd flirt with me, etc. I finally mustered the courage to tell him how I felt, and he responded with "I like you too, but I'm too young to settle down and I don't want to hurt you. I want to make love but I'm not going to promise you anything if we do."

Needless to say, it never happened. After I moved on to an actual serious relationship he wrote me a series of passionate love letters regretting his "mistake". Yeah, whatever. LOL

I did do the FMB thing later in my life (mid late 20s), but by then i was older and really just wanted to get an itch scratched by someone I trusted. After a while I had to get rid of him though because he got annoying. Heh.

There are plenty of girls out there who will go for it if all you want is sex. Don't exploit girls who really aren't after that and/or have their feelings involved. To me that is lazy, selfish and mean. Not that you are going to do that, I'm just saying. Even if you want her, play nice.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:35 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times

Instant Karma - John lennon - YouTube

Agreed....

Old 12-06-2011, 10:57 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
The thing of it is, any young woman who'd fall for a proposition like this, alREADY has a low sense of self-worth!
Exactly. What cute girl who has plenty going for her, is forced to resort to an older, less buffed, less cute, less cool guy who keeps her as a booty call with the occasional dinner?

OP, if you're looking for this type of situation you're just going to have to go with either a total tramp or someone very desperate. Yes, both exist (sadly) but if this is the situation you want, unless you bring something seriously desirable to the table (are you a millionaire, for instance? Are you amazingly buff and gorgeous? Are you a movie producer with pull?), you're not going to find a very cute, young, at least nominally mentally stable girl who has to take up an offer like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships