Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 01:49 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
You can give them something any time from now to Christmas or even after. Any time in Dec is fine. I do that because I missed him one Christmas when he went on vacation. Now I give it early.
Thank you Whyte thats a good idea. I guess I will give a gift a bit later in the month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 02:12 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Thank you Whyte thats a good idea. I guess I will give a gift a bit later in the month.
YW. I stopped a mail lady a couple days ago and asked what and how much they can legally accept as Christmas gifts. She said they don't even care, there really isn't a limit she's ever heard.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:01 PM

1,392 posts, read 3,128,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
those candy canes fulll of little liquor bottles, .
Wow, never heard of that. Now, I want that for Christmas. hehe

Old 12-18-2011, 03:33 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
In my city, we get automated trash service, so there is nobody that gets out of the truck to pick up the heavy cans anymore, they just use a mechanical lifter . The same thing with recycling. They pick up recycling once a week. And the mailman is always different.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:46 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
In my city, we get automated trash service, so there is nobody that gets out of the truck to pick up the heavy cans anymore, they just use a mechanical lifter . The same thing with recycling. They pick up recycling once a week. And the mailman is always different.
My mailman is such an incompetent a-hole anyway that he's better off getting nothing from me than anything I'd care to give him.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:55 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
My mailman is such an incompetent a-hole anyway that he's better off getting nothing from me than anything I'd care to give him.
Yeah, he might be better off.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:42 PM

664 posts, read 773,760 times
how about some letters and trash? Why would I give gifts to these people? I haven't spoken a single word to any of them, screw that.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:46 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
We don't have regular mail carriers or trash pickup people on our route. It's on a rotation. There's no way I can buy for everyone involved. If I had one regular person, maybe (depending on the service, etc.).

Old 05-11-2015, 03:21 PM

1 posts, read 554 times
I give little things to my trash guys throughout the year.... you don't have to get up early to do that... you put it out with the trash cans ... at least you do in our small town. =) I bake cookies or other goodies and put out every several weeks ... and my can is the only one in the neighborhood that has the lid replaced and the can replaced halfway up our driveway while the rest of the cans on the street lie on their sides with lids flung. lol.

The mail lady gets a gift certificate at Xmas for a wonderful cafe in our town .. enough for herself and another person to have lunch. I only treat her at Christmas b/c I know she wouldn't really want cookies as she is weight conscious. So, for now only at Xmas but I try to make it a nice gift.

Old 05-12-2015, 03:15 AM

269 posts, read 371,181 times
What a nice thread. Way back when I was a child I remember my mum used to leave a gift of beer at xmas time for the rubbish collectors. This was back in the day when they would come to your backyard to get the rubbish bins, empty them and put them back again. She doesn't do it anymore though. Not sure when she stopped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships