Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 09:32 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times

Advertisements

Women, can't live with them, THE END
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 09:42 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,811,078 times
If you can't live without women then you are heading the desperation road.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:27 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
But you certainly spend enough time on this forum bemoaning the fact that you can't find one and desperately seeking ways to overcome the situation.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:39 AM

601 posts, read 1,075,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
How old are you?

Even the most horrible looking dude is walking with a girl. Dude, women are aplenty. Widen your nets. Go online. Too many venues out there. If you want to find a woman, you will. I think you are targeting someone with too many criteria. TVSG even picks up from CL, by his own admission. Surely you can find some luck, if TVSG does.
Man you have a point, I've heard some women say a man don't have to be all handsome, to get to know them as long as he carry himself in a decent manner dresses well!

Old 12-21-2011, 08:10 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,213,226 times
Have you followed any of the good advice in your other threads?????

Improve your self appearance , hit the gym, lift heavy, take a multi

Improve your self worth, maybe need therapy... learn to love and value yourself

Improve your social standing, get some practice through hobbies.. talking to women or men

Will you follow this advice? Prolly not

Old 12-21-2011, 08:40 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,015,449 times
Being attractive to women is far deeper than physical looks.

If you are social phobic as you say, that is the first problem. I have fairly severe social anxiety too. When you cannot be natural, hold conversations, and be outgoing in social settings, it makes it hard to really meet women because you will be sending non verbal signals (maybe unconsciously) that you do not want to be approached or talked to. It's like holding up a big "go away" sign to those around you.

After that, you need to meet women with some similar interests. Everybody cannot be the most interesting guy in the world, but a lot of people are interesting, can hold conversations, and be attractive to someone.

One more bit of advice. You seem a little defensive to some of the replies here. Remember, people are mostly trying to offer constructive criticism for you to try and give you some opinions or guidance to help. Not to slam you. Try to take it to heart and give it some thought. You certainy do not have to agree or accept it, but if you reject everything your never going to better yourself or your position either.

BTW, you are right that it is ok to be single. You do not need a woman to have a complete life. The apostle Paul even wrote (in his letters to the church at Corinth in the bible) that although it is good to be married, it is even better to remain single. I have spent many years single and unattached, but I have since found I prefer the companionship of a woman who became my best friend, and now fiancee. I thought I had nothing to offer women either, and it took this special woman to show me that I had far more to offer than I had ever realized. I just would not let myself see it.

Good luck!

Old 12-21-2011, 08:51 AM

11,798 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Yeah, I know, the theory of evolution says that if you don't breed, your life was a waste, but who cares about all that. We're humans. Sure evolution affects us too, but we have higher purposes. We can make a difference in this world, even if we don't pass on our genes. In fact, as human beings I think that our purpose is far more than to breed, and that so many human beings are breeding in this world that breeding by any one individual is really of tiny importance. We can make a difference in so many people's lives, and that is what really counts ... the difference we make, and the legacy we leave. If having children is part of your legacy, that's fine. But it isn't as important as society wants us to believe.

My genes suck anyways from a survival and mental health point of view, so I don't know why I'd want to pass them on anyways. I'd be giving my progeny a rough ride.

So here's the deal, yeah all the TV shows and politicans and movies and all that garbage tell us that all cool people get laid. Every hero in the movies ends up with the girl and they kiss and all that junk. Everybody who's cool in all the sit-coms and all that garbage has a girlfriend or wife or whatever. And the politicians say that all that matters is "our children" and "our families".

But I say that's all fine and good, but it isn't going to make me depressed. I think there's far more important in this life than me getting a girlfriend.

I know I'm never going to have a girlfriend, and I'm trying to come to peace with that fact. It kind of sucks, but you know what ? It doesn't really matter. I can focus on far more important things.
It obviously does matter to you or you wouldn't be on here posting about it. Twice you say there are "far more important" things in life. What are those things? If they are important, and make your life fulfilled, then you are correct.

But you sound like so many other people who come on here and claim they're absolutely fine with not being in a relationship. If you truly were, you wouldn't even post about it. Happy people don't spend their time on messageboards talking about how happy they are, they are out there doing the things in life that bring them happiness.

So what do you want to do about your situation? How could things be better for you than they are right now? And the answer I'm looking for is something that comes from within you, that doesn't assign blame to others for where you're at.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:48 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Of course you don't suck. That's absurd.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:27 AM

857 posts, read 1,423,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post

** "Women. Can't live with them, can't kill 'em."

Bonus points if you can name the movie reference without searching

Old 12-21-2011, 01:26 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Dude grow up. Kicking people when they're down is cowardly and childish.
see your negative outlook caused you to perceive this comment incorrectly....he is telling the poster to STOP putting himself down
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships