Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 03:21 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,405,309 times

Advertisements

Via Online personals

David Dean Smith, Michigan Man, Allegedly Spread HIV 'Possibly 100s Of People' To Kill Victims
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 03:49 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,830,974 times
There was a different thread about this in the Politics/Controversies section and I commented on that one. Anyway this is outrageous! This guy should be put to death for that! That's basically what he's done to everybody he's slept with. It's too bad they apparently didn't have the brains to have him get tested for STDs first.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:59 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,075,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
There was a different thread about this in the Politics/Controversies section and I commented on that one. Anyway this is outrageous! This guy should be put to death for that! That's basically what he's done to everybody he's slept with. It's too bad they apparently didn't have the brains to have him get tested for STDs first.
Contracting HIV isn't guaranteed if you have sex with an infected person.

Those that had sex with a stranger and didn't use protection are fools but being a fool shouldn't be a possible death sentence.
If he knew he was infected and had sex with people and didn't tell them he can be charged with murder, 2nd degree I believe.

If it is going to be a one time deal protection is usually okay(not 100%), if you plan on having a relationship with this person BOTH of you should be tested, maybe go to the clinic together.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:06 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
There are some crazy people out there. It's kind of scary...

Old 01-02-2012, 04:23 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
There are some crazy people out there. It's kind of scary...
It sure is.

But what shocks me more than some crazy doing this type of thing is . . . how many people are willing to have casual sex without protection.

I preached safe sex to my son and stepkids. Preached it. Gave 'em literature, lol. (Yes, those were "OH GOD, MOM. STOP THE MADNESS moments, but I "did my duty!!!")

If something happened to my hubby and I ended up a widow and wanted to have a sexual relationship with someone, you better believe they would be tested to prove they didn't have ANY type of STD b/f there will be any hanky panky.

Scary, indeed.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:28 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
The coorelation to alcohol use and not using safe sex guidelines are very high. Is the guy met women in bars, who were intoxicated, it is unlikely they insisted on safe sex.

High risk behavior increases with alcohol usage.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:38 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,830,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
Contracting HIV isn't guaranteed if you have sex with an infected person.

Those that had sex with a stranger and didn't use protection are fools but being a fool shouldn't be a possible death sentence.
If he knew he was infected and had sex with people and didn't tell them he can be charged with murder, 2nd degree I believe.

If it is going to be a one time deal protection is usually okay(not 100%), if you plan on having a relationship with this person BOTH of you should be tested, maybe go to the clinic together.
True, but it's not a risk I'd personally be willing to take. Maybe that's just me though.

Old 01-02-2012, 05:03 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,747 times
He should be thrown in jail life. But she's not off the hook either. Sleeping with someone without being tested for STDs beforehand is a fool in this day and age, with or without hands.

Old 01-02-2012, 05:10 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
This is what would drive me to drink.

Old 01-02-2012, 05:11 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
It sure is.

But what shocks me more than some crazy doing this type of thing is . . . how many people are willing to have casual sex without protection.

I preached safe sex to my son and stepkids. Preached it. Gave 'em literature, lol. (Yes, those were "OH GOD, MOM. STOP THE MADNESS moments, but I "did my duty!!!")

If something happened to my hubby and I ended up a widow and wanted to have a sexual relationship with someone, you better believe they would be tested to prove they didn't have ANY type of STD b/f there will be any hanky panky.

Scary, indeed.
I know!!! I've preached safe sex to my friends before. Needless to say - they weren't too happy with me but if you are going to have unprotected sex with someone you aren't in a monogamous, tested (as in you've both been tested for STD's) relationship - I'm going to tell you how just how stupid you are being.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships