Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2012, 02:52 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Not always but most of the time I do. It depends on the opportunity and seating arrangement, if it's general admission or not.

I like small venues and there are several of them in the DC area. Most of the places I go to have seats but some do not.
There's always intermission, or mingling around the bar or refreshment stand, isn't there? Well, at least it sounds like you're trying. Live music is a good potential venue for meeting people. I think people don't take advantage of it enough.

Old 07-30-2012, 03:07 PM

11,370 posts, read 9,286,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There's always intermission, or mingling around the bar or refreshment stand, isn't there? Well, at least it sounds like you're trying. Live music is a good potential venue for meeting people. I think people don't take advantage of it enough.
Indeed. Two weeks ago I went to a great venue to see musical artist Mindy Smith that was general admission seating with tables. I saw a women in her 40s sitting by herself so I went up and asked if the seat across from her was taken. She said it wasn't so I sat down. It was a prime seat too, the best one I could find.

We had a good time but she is recently separated and out by herself for the first time. We both met Mindy after the show. She is just as big of fan of hers as I am. She stayed around and took a picture of me and Mindy that came out great! It was noteworthy because she stayed an extra 15 minutes to take that picture.

My email thanking her went unreturned. But that's okay, I did try and it was apparent that she isn't ready to date anyone anyway. I had a great time and I got a terrific souvenir that I will have forever! It made me so happy that she came through.

This would be an example that is is not easy out there to meet someone.

Old 07-30-2012, 03:12 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
You are exaggerating big time, unless this is a 20 something lifestyle with men in NJ that I know nothing about.
Or does that observation come from reading craigslist ads?

I don't see this at all nor do I know anyone who does this. What you are describing sounds like a sport. Probably a tiny percentage of men do this. It is not the norm.

Maybe you should explore going out with older men, or hanging out with more mature people because it is not like that in real life. If I'm wrong I'd love to hear others chime in on this.

Even when I was younger I never knew anyone that did that.

No you are exaggerating. I don't know what you see in your life, but you really can't tell me what I've witnessed in mine . What you know or don't know is your business. Your problem is right there: waiting for others to 'chime' in doesn't mean jack about what I've noticed about people. And I never said they were people I hang out with, I don't hang out in the first place. Sitting as far left of center as I do on this matter, that's all you see are people bed hopping and you look at some of these threads this one we're posting in as an example that most of these people are concerned with getting sex as easily as possible and without much 'work,' otherwise. They complain about marriage but applaud FWB or whatever that other mess is.

And for the record I'm not exploring going out with any men, older or younger.

Old 07-30-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
No you are exaggerating. I don't know what you see in your life, but you really can't tell me what I've witnessed in mine . What you know or don't know is your business. Your problem is right there: waiting for others to 'chime' in doesn't mean jack about what I've noticed about people. And I never said they were people I hang out with, I don't hang out in the first place. Sitting as far left of center as I do on this matter, that's all you see are people bed hopping and you look at some of these threads this one we're posting in as an example that most of these people are concerned with getting sex as easily as possible and without much 'work,' otherwise. They complain about marriage but applaud FWB or whatever that other mess is.

And for the record I'm not exploring going out with any men, older or younger.
No need to get hostile, Doll Eyes.
I did mention that it could be a 20 something thing in your area.

I do not like being alone but it is apparent that you do. That's fine.

I do not think it is easy and the consensus from this thread is telling me that it's not. But it may be different for the 20s age group. That is what I was interested in when I wanted others to "chime in." I would be disappointed to find out if this was indeed a sport to any except a few.

Old 07-30-2012, 03:31 PM

Quote:
No need to get hostile, Doll Eyes.
I did mention that it could be a 20 something thing in your area.

I do not like being alone but it is apparent that you do. That's fine.

I do not think it is easy and the consensus from this thread is telling me that it's not.
But it may be different for the 20s age group. That is what I was interested in when I wanted others to "chime in." I would be disappointed to find out if this was indeed a sport to any except a few.

I wasn't being hostile, John, I was responding to a message where you were telling me I made things up and didn't see things playing out as I'd described.

I don't know about it being a 20 something thing, I'm 32. I've told you the way I see things playing out with a lot of these people. But you obviously have accepted a viewpoint on this matter of 'that's not how it is,' based on yourself and the majority in the thread -- So no need for me to further say anything about it. Think whatever you want, I guess.

Old 07-30-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
I wasn't being hostile, John, I was responding to a message where you were telling me I made things up and didn't see things playing out as I'd described.

I don't know about it being a 20 something thing, I'm 32. I've told you the way I see things playing out with a lot of these people. But you obviously have accepted a viewpoint on this matter of 'that's not how it is,' based on yourself and the majority in the thread -- So no need for me to further say anything about it. Think whatever you want, I guess.
Well, that's why I started this thread.

I'm not trying to start anything with you. I have told you a few times that I like your posts. I used the 20 something reference in your case because by you not looking means you haven't been in the dating game in a while. It's close enough.

Old 07-30-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:

I'm not trying to start anything with you. I have told you a few times that I like your posts. But I used the 20 something reference in your case because by you not looking means you haven't been in the dating game in a while. It's close enough.
i understand that's why you started the thread but from that last post I can tell you already made your decision. I'm not trying to 'start' anything with you either . okay not sure how else to answer this thread other then the way I already did. But alright about the 20 something reference. No I do not date but that doesn't mean I don't live in the word, LOL and hear/see, take note of what's going on 'out there.' Again those are just my observations

Old 07-30-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
This would be an example that is is not easy out there to meet someone.
Well, it depends on how you define "meeting someone". I'd say you were rather successful, relatively speaking. You met someone with similar interests, had kind of a fun encounter, and even got her email address. That's a lot more than most guys manage! I say, good going! Great try! The fact that it didn't come to anything more doesn't indicate failure, exactly. We can't expect to click with everyone, nor does everyone click with us, right? Keep working it. Eventually it'll pay off.

Old 07-30-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:

I'm not trying to start anything with you. I have told you a few times that I like your posts. I used the 20 something reference in your case because by you not looking means you haven't been in the dating game in a while. It's close enough.
I think John and DE inhabit different niches. I have no doubt that both their observations are true for them. If DE ever felt game for it, I'd recommend she try to bust out of her niche, her 'hood, whatever it is. For example, if you could experience a university crowd, the academic scene, you'd see a different view of reality. The world is full of all kinds of people, there are all kinds of different scenes. Like Jet Jockey's situation, OMG! What a nightmare. Sometimes the only solution is to get out, move away, when that's an option.

Old 07-30-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
i understand that's why you started the thread but from that last post I can tell you already made your decision. I'm not trying to 'start' anything with you either . okay not sure how else to answer this thread other then the way I already did. But alright about the 20 something reference. No I do not date but that doesn't mean I don't live in the word, LOL and hear/see, take note of what's going on 'out there.' Again those are just my observations
That's fine. I didn't deny those were your observations but from what I have experienced it's not the case. I think we should just agree to disagree here. I did state a few times that it could be different for some in your age group. Those are your experiences and I understand that.

I think that's a shame because guys trying to score like this is a sport or something is not my idea of human relations. I cannot relate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships