Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 04:54 PM

105 posts, read 527,230 times

Advertisements

Don't touch the back on her head and tell her that you like naps.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:38 PM

353 posts, read 1,261,881 times
Here's the blog I was talking about, White Men For Black Women. (He's got some hoochie photos on it NSFW [I do not need to see Buffie the Body there], but he's very candid about liking Black women and race issues.):

White men who prefer Black women

Old 04-07-2008, 03:50 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23rdpslm View Post
I need your help. I met a beautiful and incredibly intelligent black woman. Now I really like this woman a lot, she's exactly the type of woman I've always hoped for, yet, I've never been in a relationship with a black woman. I've lived in Texas and the midwest most of my life but I'd like to think I'm fairly diverse in my way of life.

I've mostly dated white women and the occasional latin woman and I have noticed a huge difference in them.

Now that I'm dating a black woman. I'd like to know what's in store for me. Anyone with any experiece, no matter your race or gender: Do you have any advice for me? I'd especially like to hear from some black women on this subject.

Quick description of my lady friend: Highly intelligent, well educated, great skin (dark skin and smooth like silk), beautiful face, gorgeous body (hourglass shape), great smile, she's sophisticated and reserved, a bit conservative and doesn't seem permiscuous. I don't think she's dated in a while and a great woman like this deserves to be treated like a princess. I'm also a realist and would like the same in return.

So tell me, what am I in for? What are things to watch out for? What can I do to get the most out of this relationship? I like to live life to the fullest and this will be no exception.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Much love to you all.
I would say treat it like any other relationship. All people have their perks and what not. Some have weird families and such. Good Luck.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:26 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,834,060 times
I was married to a Black Woman for several years.

The marriage eventually failed because of cultural differences.

It was the 60's. Times were changing.

I was too White and she wasn't Black enough.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:50 AM

1 posts, read 1,890 times
Default Final edit

I understand what you were asking when you said "what am I in for?". It's not to make race an issue because obviously its not to you since you already are attracted and very interested in a lovely lady. It's just that you observe this may be uncommon in society- in some locations more than others- so you wonder what social differences might exist- that are new or different than in your other previous experiences- and also perhaps there may be some cultural things different between you two as well.
I'll have to admit, when I first dated my current dark-skinned ('black') girlfriend, I had similar curiosity's and kept thinking there would be some big differences from my previous dating experiences. I admit, I kept searching the internet to read articles, opinions, and ideas of others about quote unquote "interracial dating". Let me be honest- I read so much crap and junk about "blk women are this and blk women are that- there were all these stereotypical statements and maybe one in ten sort of maybe applied to my gf; but overall I got upset with what I read, and defensive for my gf, and did not think much characterizing opinions expressed had much of anything at all to do with my gf. And, she is not any different than many of her peers around her of her same ethnicty, age, and gender. There was also all this negative bibble babble about "white men don't respect blk women and in the past "we" did this and that and blah blah... Ang again, people around my age, ethnicity, gender, have nothing in common with these stereotypical "expert" opinions of what someone of my character would be like.

Forget all this nonsense. If anything, filling your head with others' ideas and negative stereotypical opinions only taints your own free-spirited, openminded, naturally accepting, good hearted personality and mind that you already have and that we all are born with. Women can be and are the greatest companionship a man can have (that's why God created women if you so believe this), so I thought about this once:
When God made Eve from Adam's rib, what if Adam was white and Eve was black? Would Adam have noticed or been concerned, or be more intrigued by the beauty of a woman? Haha I digress a little but my point is if she was or wasn't a different "color" or "ethnicty" than Adam, it would have ZERO effect on the relationship they formed, and the bad and good that came from it. These differences are manmade, created by society, and God sees no colors when it comes to human beings.

I've dated whoever has come my way that I made a connection with that was felt both ways. Things didn't work when there was big enough differences in personalities or lifestyles. Things are working great with my current relationship and I wouldn't trade her for the world, and I just made a connection with her that ran deeper and deeper with time and was felt mutually. That's all! Had nothing to do with being similar or different races, but with who we are, our lifestyles, goals, and attractions for the opposite sex.

If your attraction and interest to your lady is similar to mine, my friend, the best thing you can do, is view her the same way God would, and all other humans for that matter. Let the world spin, take its own path, view or pass judgment on you from outsiders looking in, but you just worry about being the man you would want to be in your own ideal relationship with a woman.

I'm happy for you both, God Bless, be safe and take good care of her.

Old 10-22-2011, 01:53 PM

179 posts, read 357,354 times
Quote:
I need your help. I met a beautiful and incredibly intelligent black woman. Now I really like this woman a lot, she's exactly the type of woman I've always hoped for, yet, I've never been in a relationship with a black woman. I've lived in Texas and the midwest most of my life but I'd like to think I'm fairly diverse in my way of life.

I've mostly dated white women and the occasional latin woman and I have noticed a huge difference in them.

Now that I'm dating a black woman. I'd like to know what's in store for me. Anyone with any experiece, no matter your race or gender: Do you have any advice for me? I'd especially like to hear from some black women on this subject.

Quick description of my lady friend: Highly intelligent, well educated, great skin (dark skin and smooth like silk), beautiful face, gorgeous body (hourglass shape), great smile, she's sophisticated and reserved, a bit conservative and doesn't seem permiscuous. I don't think she's dated in a while and a great woman like this deserves to be treated like a princess. I'm also a realist and would like the same in return.

So tell me, what am I in for? What are things to watch out for? What can I do to get the most out of this relationship? I like to live life to the fullest and this will be no exception.

Much love to you all.
I understand how you feel. I felt the same way with my ex-girlfriend. I am a white male and she was Nigerian. I believe the biggest thing that got in the way was her father not approving of us being together. We were together for 6 months and spent a lot of time together. Initially I believe he thought it would pass and she would move on without him stepping in. After a while he changed from indifferent to the opposite. At the end, he had me over for dinner and told me that he did not see us having a future together because our cultures were too different... he wanted a nigerian man for her, not just black but nigerian.
Her mother, sisters, brothers, everyone got along with me fine, in fact I still see her mom to this day and she will hug me and chat. I am not sure what background your girlfriend is, but for me it was the attitude of the father that caused us to end it... We first thought to just go against what he said and still see eachother. I am 21 and she is 20, and we go to the University together, and not at home with parents... But I respect her father and his wishes, and would never put a father against his daughter... as he pays for EVERYTHING. So I had to let her go...Sadly.
Now with the positive! It was amazing to be around her. She taught me soo much about myself as a person and really showed me how to care about somebody and to understand somebody with a different upbringing, and culture. Sure, in public we would hold hands and see the occasional stare, but overall we would just laugh! That is VERY important. There are ignorant people out there, don't let them get to you!
I guess my final thing is be true to yourself, and treat her like the princess she deserves to be treated like. And become close to her family and friends! They matter! Good luck and I wish you all the best. Relationships are beautiful, and interracial relationships are amazing and beautiful... they just may need a bit more work to maintain in certain cases...
All the best,
Brandon

Old 10-22-2011, 04:28 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
This one's easy.

Omit the word "black" and there you go. You've met a beautiful and intelligent woman. Consider yourself lucky and take it from there.

THAT is one of the best posts. I am a black woman, and I have dated white men. The biggest thing I can say is just..relax. PLEASE dont act like you are dating someone from another planet!! Dont YOU make her race an issue. Like thinking you have to go out and dress in African garb on Martin Luther King day or something weird like that.

Dont assume she will like OR dislike something because she is black. Im a black woman, and I can go from listening to Snoop Dogg to The Fray, To Journey, to the Dixie Chicks. I am a hiker, and belong to three hiking clubs. You dont see many black hiking, but I do. I love all types of different foods, and i dont eat "black food" seven days a week. (though I do enjoy southern cooking from time to time). My point..just dont make assumptions, keep an open mind, and if you want to know how she thinks, or what she likes..simply ASK her. Dont assume she will want to go see some black show or something because it's 'black'.

If she is the intelligent,professional type woman you say she is, she will probably be well rounded. And also, if things dont work out, and she turns out to break your heart, or be mean to you. Do NOT hold it against ALL black women. You dont hold bad stuff against all white women, do you? So, dont do that to any other race you date.

And last, good for you for being open minded enough to walk outside your comfort zone.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:47 PM

601 posts, read 1,075,784 times
Default Dating

Quote:

Quick description of my lady friend: Highly intelligent, well educated, great skin (dark skin and smooth like silk), beautiful face, gorgeous body (hourglass shape), great smile, she's sophisticated and reserved, a bit conservative and doesn't seem permiscuous. I don't think she's dated in a while and a great woman like this deserves to be treated like a princess. I'm also a realist and.
would like same. So tell me, what am I in for? What are things to watch out for? What can I do to get the most out of this relationship? I like to live life to the fullest and this will be no exception.

Much love to you all.
Man if you like this woman and she makes you happy, then she's the perfect match for you!

Old 10-24-2011, 10:13 PM

39 posts, read 48,387 times
You're in for a great relationship.
You shouldnt have to consider anything..

Old 10-24-2011, 10:24 PM

48,533 posts, read 34,863,037 times
The original post is from 2007.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships