Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2012, 02:15 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I think its just the young ones who aren't aware of the effects of life yet. Karma is an old "woman." (I tried to write a word that rhymes with witch. )
Oh, yeah, that bit*ch will scratch their jock itch and lower their high pitch!

Nobody has escaped her alive.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:17 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
What took you so long...?
Waiting for a deal from Groupon.

Last edited by TheImportersWife; 04-27-2012 at 02:48 PM.. Reason: Typo - darn autocorrect!!!!!

Old 04-27-2012, 02:23 PM

32,112 posts, read 34,732,040 times
To be honest, yes.

A woman's prime follows the career trajectory of the average NFL running back pretty closely.

College: Beast mode

21-25: Unstoppable prime years (Think Terrell Davis or Adrian Peterson smashing into defensive lines with reckless abandon, without regard for consequences)

26-28: Wear and tear begins to show. Injuries mount. Time to trade to another team. Probably the Redskins who have a history of signing players way past their primes to huge contracts. Think of the Redskins as beta males.

28-30: If he hasn't won a Superbowl yet, it's about time to hang it up. He might be able to eke out a solid season or two. But it's Do or Die at this point.

30+: People start asking questions, "Why (or how) is he still in the League?" Only a few elite players can hang around this long and still be semi-productive (Jerome Bettis, Curtis Martin). But even then, they're nowhere near as good as they were during their primes.

By this time in their careers, NFL collective bargaining agreements mandate that league veterans get paid a minimum salary. It's often much higher than what teams are willing to pay for their talents. So teams release them from the roster and pick up new, younger running backs who can perform at a higher level for a fraction of the salary. And the cycle repeats itself.

Last edited by BajanYankee; 04-27-2012 at 02:36 PM..

Old 04-27-2012, 02:37 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
To be honest, yes.

A woman's prime follows the career trajectory of the average NFL running back pretty closely.
Broad generalizations don't apply across the board. Just in the last two weeks, we've had a couple of women in their mid-late 30's complain that they get treated like kids, they look really young, so guys their age ignore them. Women don't age the way they used to, there's no way to tell how old some women are just by looking at them. Some women look older than their years, others look so young they get mistaken for highschool or college students. Life is a very mixed bag. Stereotypical thinking is very limiting and gives an inaccurate view of life. You have no way of knowing if the women who have turned you down when you approach them did so because they're twice your age. It happens.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:39 PM

32,112 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Broad generalizations don't apply across the board. Just in the last two weeks, we've had a couple of women in their mid-late 30's complain that they get treated like kids, they look really young, so guys their age ignore them. Women don't age the way they used to, there's no way to tell how old some women are just by looking at them. Some women look older than their years, others look so young they get mistaken for highschool or college students. Life is a very mixed bag. Stereotypical thinking is very limiting and gives an inaccurate view of life. You have no way of knowing if the women who have turned you down when you approach them did so because they're twice your age. It happens.
That's true. Darrell Green played in the NFL for 20 years. But that doesn't change the fact that most players get hit HARD, EARLY and OFTEN and have short, brutish careers.

Darrell Green - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-27-2012, 02:53 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,153,873 times
My wife turned 40 yesterday and she's as gorgeous now as 20 years ago when we got married.

25 is nothing to worry about.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:57 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
That's true. Darrell Green played in the NFL for 20 years. But that doesn't change the fact that most players get hit HARD, EARLY and OFTEN and have short, brutish careers.

Darrell Green - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yes - well, surprisingly enough - most women don't repeatedly get tackled, beaten up, and pounded on day after day. So really, our lives are nothing like NFL players.

In fact - if you take care of yourself, eat well, exercise, don't over tan yourself, dress well, etc. - you can age quite well. I'm half Japanese so this might be part of the reason - but I still haven't had anyone guess that I'm over 30 - and I'm 35. Physically, I think my body was at it's best at 31 - but that's because I was in a show where I had to wear a bikini on stage. So, of course I busted my but making damn sure I looked damn good in that bikini!

I have a feeling that most of the men on here that think a woman is past her prime at 25 are probably in their late teens/early 20's. They think that all the women they are attracted to are their own age. All the women they are attracted to might LOOK like they are the same age as them - but I'm pretty sure a bunch of them are probably older than they look. And also - for the most part, I would assume that young men would be attracted to young women and vice versa. It's always an ego boost when I get hit on or get looks from men that I am way too old for - but honestly, if I was single - I would have absolutely no interest in attracting men in their early 20's. To me - they are just kids!

So, once again - the real answer to this question is -
No.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:00 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Yes - well, surprisingly enough - most women don't repeatedly get tackled, beaten up, and pounded on day after day. So really, our lives are nothing like NFL players.

In fact - if you take care of yourself, eat well, exercise, don't over tan yourself, dress well, etc. - you can age quite well. I'm half Japanese so this might be part of the reason - but I still haven't had anyone guess that I'm over 30 - and I'm 35. Physically, I think my body was at it's best at 31 - but that's because I was in a show where I had to wear a bikini on stage. So, of course I busted my but making damn sure I looked damn good in that bikini!

I have a feeling that most of the men on here that think a woman is past her prime at 25 are probably in their late teens/early 20's. They think that all the women they are attracted to are their own age. All the women they are attracted to might LOOK like they are the same age as them - but I'm pretty sure a bunch of them are probably older than they look. And also - for the most part, I would assume that young men would be attracted to young women and vice versa. It's always an ego boost when I get hit on or get looks from men that I am way too old for - but honestly, if I was single - I would have absolutely no interest in attracting men in their early 20's. To me - they are just kids!

So, once again - the real answer to this question is -
No.
Speak for yourself.

I crack myself up!!!!

Old 04-27-2012, 03:03 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,685,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
My wife turned 40 yesterday and she's as gorgeous now as 20 years ago when we got married.

25 is nothing to worry about.

I love this. Your wife is a very lucky woman.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:07 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,620 times
Over the hill at 25? I honestly haven't laughed as hard as I did when I read that for a couple days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships