Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 07:45 AM

5,610 posts, read 23,318,001 times

Advertisements

Do any of you who live in 4 season climates have more success dating during certain seasons of year as opposed to others (ex-- summer/fall as opposed to winter?). Or is the time of the year not a factor for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 07:49 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,142,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
Do any of you who live in 4 season climates have more success dating during certain seasons of year as opposed to others (ex-- summer/fall as opposed to winter?). Or is the time of the year not a factor for you?

Spring/summer for me, But not even much in recent years unfortunately. Being out and about more allows more socializing and opportunity to meet. Though here in NY winter never really made an appearance

Old 02-27-2012, 08:01 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,057,999 times
What is common in my city is to find someone to hibernate with during the winter. The 'dates' consist of spending time at each other's apartment.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:22 AM

674 posts, read 1,161,983 times
I don't know about success because I don't know what constitutes a "success". Are you asking if you tend to enter into relationships easier a certain time of year? Or are you wondering when it's easier to get first dates? I would argue a success would be some of the deceitful and shady women that I ended up dodging and walking away from rather then ending up with them and costing me stress/pain/money/time...

I will say this, dating is easier in terms of fun ideas for dates during the summer. There's much more you can do outside which makes for more events, cheaper dates, more intimate/alone time without having to be at one of your homes. Winter is tougher, not as many options of things to do, sometimes too cold to walk her home and give her the goodnight kiss, etc.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:03 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,380,609 times
I have no problems, and think winter dates are fun. Skiing, ice skating, cuddling in a hot tub, drinking wine at home...

Old 02-27-2012, 10:06 AM

3,295 posts, read 7,019,938 times
Quote:

This discussion topic reminds me about the idea of how some animals have courtship or mating seasons at particular times of year... lol.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:05 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,014,135 times
Yeah definitly. In the Winter me and my dates/girlfreinds/fiance etc tended to stay in more because of the weather, so I usually spent less money.

Summer time we're always doing something out on the weekends, so I ended spending a lot more money on restaurants, tickets etc etc.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:08 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,945,615 times
Living in 4 seasons is nice because I can blame the winter for not getting dates, then blame the spring for too much rain, summer for too much heat and the fall because i'm waiting for winter to come around

Old 02-27-2012, 11:09 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,024,007 times
I guess it depends on what you consider success, and what your looking for.

I think for meeting people out, it is easier in the summer. Far more outdoor activities in the summer, and people tend to go out more instead of staying home.

That said, I see no problem dating in the winter either. Options can be a little more limited for activities, and some people are home hibernating. However, there is still plenty to do.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:31 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,684,789 times
Quote:

They have their advantages. Summers and spring you can go to the beach and your date wears less clothes.

Winter they are cold and you can offer for them to come inside and "warm Up"

The first objective is to isolate the girl, the second is to get her alone in your apartment/home. Thanks winter!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships